PDA

View Full Version : EMH during September (slow time)

Mickey'sIrishPAl
05-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Even though we are travelling from September 2 through the 13, we are expecting less than normal crowds. My question is, how busy will each park be that has EMH that night or morning? Should it be a concern and should I avoid these parks when EMH is going on or is the crowd level that low that it shouldn't be a concern?

Thanks!!

MickeysBestPal
05-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Even though we are travelling from September 2 through the 13, we are expecting less than normal crowds. My question is, how busy will each park be that has EMH that night or morning? Should it be a concern and should I avoid these parks when EMH is going on or is the crowd level that low that it shouldn't be a concern?

Never attending EMH's because they will be "too crowded or overly-stressful,"
is like never eating grapes because they will be "too sour."

CAN be that way.
Doesn't HAVE to be that way.

Each EMH experience can be different.

We always go to AM EMH (virtually every day of the trip
that we did not do a PM EMH late the night before)...
never ONCE regretted an AM EMH... they are amazingly
empty and easy to ride the open attractions.
If that park then starts to fill 2 to 3 hours later...
We're happy with "doing" that park for the day and we
can HOP elsewhere or do lunch and take a rest until
later.

PM EMH's are a mixed bag. I've been when they were
"packed"... but on other nights (sometimes within the
same trip), the crowds were basically so low that it
was like "free rides" on all the open attractions.

The rule seems to be, it is far easier for guests to
STAY UP at the end of the day, than it is for them to
GET UP at the start of the day.

Generally speaking:
Expect a PM EMH which begins before 10PM to be much busier than one that begins much later.
Expect the first hour of PM EMH to be busier than the last hour.

Those who have attended PM EMH's and say that "they
are too crowded" are right... but that may have been only on the nights
they have attended.
I can say from personal experience that EMH's CAN be
virtually empty, or overly full... or somewhere in-between for attendance,
often within the same week.

The crowd situation at PM EMH can change so much (either way,)
that saying it was "like X" on a given night, can have little relation
to another night in the same time-period. So, you
simply "won't know unless you go."
It's similar to saying
that you attended on a given night and it rained, so
guests should never go on that night because it will
probably be rainy.

But, it can all boil down to your particular timing.

If you just consider that EMH's are FREE to attend...
You might just take a chance.
If it's too busy, just people-watch... or hit the exit.
(Where ELSE are ya gonna go at 10pm, anyway?)

But, if its not busy... you'll be ALL SET for EXTRA FUN!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AllDisney
05-18-2013, 06:01 PM
We have been to WDW during your travel dates in the past and we DO take advantage of EMH hours in the evening. It has never been terribly crowded. It gives us the chance to ride things that during the day we didn't. :secret:

Sylvia
05-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Morning EMH's are always fun for us, no matter how crowded they are. No matter the park, it's a good opportunity to take advantage of the most popular attractions. Even though there may be lines, they will be much longer later than in the day.

Obviously, we approach evening EMH's much differently than others. We've experienced some evening EMH's which were jammed packed and others that were empty. But, we always had a great time, no matter what. Especially for us, the enjoyment is being in the "park of the day" later in the evening, when the atmosphere is much more magical.

Whatever you do, I know you'll have a great time. After all, you're in WDW, you're on vacation from work, and you're having a great time with your family. Enjoy!
:joy::joy::joy:

CaptSmee
05-20-2013, 09:23 AM
It seems to be hit or miss. I've been to some that are very crowded but I've been to women that feel like we have the parks to ourselves.

If u want to try it, try it. Either way its extra time in the park :mickey:

gottaluvtink
05-20-2013, 11:15 AM
We have gone in September several times. Used to be the parks were empty. Now, it seems like no matter what month we choose, there are pretty moderate crowds. I think the days of empty parks are over. I always choose not to do EMH, unless it is the early morning. People who do not purchase park hoppers tend to go to the days with EMH, therefore, I find those parks to be more crowded throughout the day. Not a fan of EMH.

AgentC
05-20-2013, 12:06 PM
I like morning EMH. It tends to be very quiet and if it gets busy later I tend to just hop to another park. If you don't plan on going until late morning you may want to avoid the parks that had EMH that morning.

Evenings are a mixed bag. I wouldn't purposely try to avoid them. I would go with what world best for you.

Overall September crowds (particularly early Sept) are very manageable. If you have ever been at the parks during a really busy time of year, you will love September.

Lizzie
05-21-2013, 06:33 PM
Love morning EMH people don't like to get up early on vacation. I always get there early and get so much done.

MickeysBestPal
05-21-2013, 08:21 PM
I've been to women that feel like we have the parks to ourselves.

I know some women like that, myself. :D

(I figure that your auto-spell-correct my have altered your message a bit.) ;)