PDA

View Full Version : Seabands

Jeri Lynn
05-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Do seabands really work for sea-sickness?

I want to be prepared, just in case!!

catasaid
05-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Just returned from a cruise on the Disney Dream and I used Bonine to prevent sea sickness. I never really felt much motion while on the ship and had no problems with sea sickness.

I have used the Sea Bands before but the pressure on my wrists became bothersome, so this time I just used the Bonine...one pill a day, no drowsiness, and no sea sickness...worked great. I started the day I left home (helps with the motion on the plane too) and continued every day until I was back home.

Mgcamp
05-17-2013, 04:50 PM
There is no scientific reason they should work but it like may things, if people believe they will work they can often convince themselves they feel better. There is nothing magical about sea bands if you want the same effect just put an elastic around your wrist and put the money you save towards a true sea sickness cure...Rum!

Have a good trip

cather74
05-18-2013, 07:41 PM
I had a pair that I brought with me on a cruise even though I don't get have motion sickness. Our boat was like a roller coaster so I gave them to a friend who was sea sick and she felt better. Worked for her!:mickey:

Kenny1113
05-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Just returned from a cruise on the Disney Dream and I used Bonine to prevent sea sickness. I never really felt much motion while on the ship and had no problems with sea sickness.

I have used the Sea Bands before but the pressure on my wrists became bothersome, so this time I just used the Bonine...one pill a day, no drowsiness, and no sea sickness...worked great. I started the day I left home (helps with the motion on the plane too) and continued every day until I was back home.

:ditto: to both the statements about Bonine and sea bands.

Jeri Lynn
05-20-2013, 03:02 PM
One more question...

Do you have to wear on both wrists or just one?

Thanks!