PDA

View Full Version : Swan and Dolphin...reviews? Where to eat?

lawgirl
05-17-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm thinking about the S/D for December. Does anyone have any advice or reviews? The website looks pretty great, love the location.

I'm concerned about quick service meals, like at the Swan, where do you eat breakfast if you just want something quick and cheap, like at the Mara?

SBETigg
05-17-2013, 01:02 PM
For a quick bite, Picabu, it's over on the Dolphin side but it's 24 hours, quick service and grab and go stuff.

The restaurants/lounges at Swan/Dolphin are pretty good, too. Nice variety ranging in price/style from casual/inexpensive to fine dining/pricey. Love the karaoke place at the Swan and the proximity to Boardwalk.

lawgirl
05-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Ok, that sounds good. If we stayed at the Swan, how is the walk to the Dolphin for the quick service? It's been a really long time since I've been there, and I don't remember anything about the walk way, or how you would get over there to eat. How convenient would that be with 2 little kids?

We usually stay at AKL, and honestly, staying at Kidani, its such a hike to the Mara, Is the walk equivalent to that?

Which one do you prefer, as far as rooms and view go? Thanks!!!!

SugarMagnolia
05-17-2013, 01:56 PM
I've never stayed at either, but when we stayed at the Yacht Club we walked to Picabu quite a bit for food. The walk between Swan and Dolphin would only take 2-3 minutes. They're pretty close to one another.
Angela

Tigerinvestigator
05-17-2013, 11:41 PM
Picabu is one of the best quick service places at any of the resorts in my opinion. It is a very short walk from the Swan. Another option from the Swan is the short walk to the Boardwalk. They have some great breakfast croissants and the bakery. You will love the Swan/Dolphin. We prefer the Dolphin but both are very nice. We will be staying there again in less than three weeks.:thumbsup:

Keneva
05-18-2013, 08:24 PM
There is a juice and bagle/pastry kiosk in the Swan that is open in the morning and thru-out the day. The walkway between S&D is covered and is a very quick, pretty stroll. :thumbsup:

moe513
05-22-2013, 08:33 AM
There are a lot of nice options out on the Boardwalk including all the Boardwalk resorts!

BrerGnat
05-22-2013, 08:45 AM
There is a juice and bagle/pastry kiosk in the Swan that is open in the morning and thru-out the day. The walkway between S&D is covered and is a very quick, pretty stroll. :thumbsup:

This little coffee stand is INSANELY expensive. I think it's run by Starbucks? I bought a little Naked Juice smoothie there last year and it was $8!!!

Picabu is the only real quick service option, but it's a good one. They have a large variety of food. It's set up like a cafeteria, with a food line. But, most of the food is very freshly prepared and they do have a grill station for items that they cook to order.

Once you walk out the door of the Swan, you will be entering the door of the Dolphin in approximately one minute at a normal pace. You simply cross over a little bridge. Not an issue AT ALL with kids. In fact, there is a really great playground next to the Swan, halfway between the hotel and the pool. The walk to the playground is longer than the walk to the Dolphin.