PDA

View Full Version : Pin Code Vent

1goofyfamily
05-16-2013, 05:28 PM
So I am on Disney's site quite often and always logged in checking things out and have been signed up to receive discounts/offers on multiple emails for as long as I can remember yet we've never gotten a pin code offer. My parents get them all the time and have been to Disney twice. Now my sister who probably hasn't logged into Disney's site since our last trip 2 1/2 years ago went in to price our upcoming trip and as soon as she logged in she received a pin code email for free dining that covers our trip dates. I'm beginning to think they don't Qwest email accounts that are Q.com because I didn't even receive the emailed confirmation of our deposit yet it shows under the reservations in the my disney experience. OK I got that off my chest now I can go back to work.

brownie
05-16-2013, 06:04 PM
You can't worry about the pin codes. We got something like 3-4 over winter 2011-2012 but haven't received any sense (and it had been a while since we had received any before that). Only Disney knows why people do and don't get pin codes.

Itchy
05-16-2013, 06:07 PM
The pin codes that I have received were mailed to me via postal service. I don't think that I have ever received a pin code. I will have my 16th trip since 2004 this December.

I would love to get a pin code, but not holding my breath...

BuddyL4
05-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Pin codes are a mysterious thing. Last November my wife got 2 for the same discount which we used 1 for our end of August trip. We missed the free ddp by 2 days with the current offers and on the evening of May 9th my son got the email for free ddp pin just as I had given up hope. Were all going together so I sent it straight to MJ and the discount was applied :number1: I have never myself ever recieved a pin code, just lucky the rest of the family occasionaly does.

Ms. Mode
05-17-2013, 10:42 AM
We got one last week...BUT...it was sent to our DDs college email address (that she just happened to go in and check because she graduated last year) and is in her maiden name addressed to "Mode Family". Needless to say there was a week listed that we just happened to have our trip scheduled for, off by ONE day. After much discussion and three telephone calls we got it all worked out, we ended up dropping one day off our resort stay and saving $800. Hey, I can stay off property for one day. :blush:

cajundisneyfreak
05-17-2013, 10:57 AM
You can get in on your sister's pin code for free dining.She can get up to 3 rooms on that offer.My niece's mother-in-law got a pin code for free dining and that's what they told her cause her group is going to be in 3 seperate rooms.In fact 2 rooms are at the AOA and one room at Pop Century.:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
05-17-2013, 12:08 PM
OP, don't feel bad. We go to Disney once or twice a year, EVERY year since my kids were just babies.

My BIL had a pin code for free dining that his family and my mother and father in law used in Feb. We opted to use our military discount for that trip. Just last week they each just got another pin code for free dining that we are using in November. I go waaaayyyy more often than either of them, yet I haven't received a pin code in years.