PDA

View Full Version : AMC Dine-In Theatre / Misc. Questions

Sunshine1010
05-16-2013, 03:28 PM
On one of the days during our vacation, we'll be at Downtown Disney for the entire day.

We've decided to have dinner/watch a move at DTD's AMC Dine-In Theatre in November while on our trip.

Are we allowed to purchase the movie tickets during the day? If so, what time does the ticket-box open?

Also....any tips, suggestions, opinions, etc. for this place? Never been. Sounds fun --
1. expensive?
2. I heard there are different seating sections. What does the section that allows children look like? Do you have a counter to eat on....or individual 'tray'?

Thanks in advance!

mdhiggin
05-16-2013, 10:31 PM
The seats are in blocks of four. You pick your seats out on a screen when you purchase tickets. Buy them early so you have a better chance of seating with your party. There is a low counter for your food that spans the length of the four seats with low lamps so you can see what you're eating. It is a little pricey, but so is everything at Disney, and the service was great. I've never heard of a special seating for kids. We pick whichever spots are available on the screen. I don't know what time they open. They say to take your seats about 30 minutes before the movie starts so you have time to order from the menu before the movie starts.

Sunshine1010
05-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Thanks so much for replying!

When I mentioned 'kids' seats....it's because I read on the website, that there is a section for Adults Only, and then a Family Section. Different seating. I didn't know we could pick seats online. I'll have to do that before we leave. In how much time (in advance) can you do this before the day you go?

Sunshine1010
05-16-2013, 10:35 PM
http://dinein.amctheatres.com/faq

Sunshine1010
05-16-2013, 10:36 PM
This is what I found: Just wondering if anyone has had this expreience:

QHow does the AMC Dine-In Theatres experience work?
A
Select your desired experience.*
Cinema Suites – The premium option with luxury recliners, an extensive menu and full cocktail bar. Guests must be 21 and over.
Fork & Screen – A casual in-theatre dining experience with an extensive menu and full cocktail bar. Guests must be 18 or over unless accompanied by an adult.
Choose your movie and showtime.
Reserve your seats according to your preference.
Visit MacGuffins® bar and lounge before and after the show.
Press the call button at your seat and a server will arrive to take your order.
Appetizers, entrees, desserts, beer, wine and cocktails will be served at your seat. Enjoy the show!

*Availability of Cinema Suites and Fork & Screen experiences vary by location.

Sunshine1010
05-16-2013, 10:45 PM
I had to do some research on the seating.

The AMC Dine-In Theaters has two experiences:
1. Cinema Suites that offers a more upscale environment by serving different food and you are in big leather recliners. You have to be 21 or over to go to this one.
2. Fork & Screen is the other offering where it's a more casual atmosphere where anyone can go....but if you are 17 & under, you have to have an adult with you.

The DTD location ONLY has the 'Fork & Screen' location.

buzznwoodysmom
05-17-2013, 11:52 AM
We have only been there once. I ordered our tickets using our laptop in our room a few days prior. I had to pick up the tickets at the box office window. It was very easy. I don't recall the seats being grouped into 4. I thought it was just rows of nice seats with a long narrow table/counter going all the way across in front of the seats.

We thought it was pricey, but it was a fun experience. We would do it again if there was a movie one of us was interested in during a trip to Disney. We saw Diary of a Wimpy Kid the day it came out last summer and the place was EMPTY. No kidding just us and maybe two other families. We saw the movie around noon. In the future I'd probably just wait to buy our tickets when we get there, unless its a highly popular movie just coming out.

Sunshine1010
05-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks guys. I found a video that shows what each of the two experiences are like. Since Orlando only has the "Fork and Screen" one, obviously...we'll be doing that one. Plan on ordering our tickets a few days a head and also picking up the tickets earlier in the day while we're there.

Melanie
05-17-2013, 05:45 PM
We did the Fork and Screen last year on Mother's Day to see the Avengers and yes, it was pricey, but a fun experience. Definitely something worth doing every once and a while. We bought our tickets a few days prior and our experience was an assigned, four seat section. If you aren't already, I'd suggest becoming a member of AMC Stubs. The $10 investment is worth it, especially when doing something expensive like Fork and Screen.

Sunshine1010
05-17-2013, 10:03 PM
What is that? and is it lifetime?....

Melanie
05-17-2013, 10:22 PM
What is that? and is it lifetime?....

It's their reward card. It's not lifetime. A year membership is $10.

Sunshine1010
05-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Ahh, I see. Would it be worth buying one for us to go to AMC just 1 time (I live in a small town and they only have Regal)

mdhiggin
05-17-2013, 11:50 PM
We just bought our tickets at the theater. What website can we order them from? We have gone a couple of times and been unable to be seated together, so we didnt see the movie.