PDA

View Full Version : Sharing a TS meal?

Sunshine1010
05-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Family of 3 --- all on Dining Plan --- can we purchase just 2 meals (using only 2 credits) and have all 3 of us share?

SBETigg
05-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Disney is cool with meal sharing when you're OOP. On the DP, different story. I'm not sure about the official policy, but I think it might depend on the venue. I know Via Napoli won't allow it, but they might be an exception.

gerald72
05-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Yes, definitely. You can use your credits however you like.
It's your food. They can't tell you that you can't share it.

ransam
05-16-2013, 05:55 PM
we did it last year and had no problems...
in fact i think they all even brought my friend a drink to go w/ it.

SBETigg
05-16-2013, 08:13 PM
This is good, so maybe you can do it. And I think with Via Napoli, it was just regarding the pizza. No sharing the individual pizza.

DANAM
05-17-2013, 03:36 PM
I didnt realize this was an option. I may have to do this on our next trip since DD will be on the adult plan now.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-17-2013, 03:37 PM
Just remember that Adult TS credits (age 10? and older) are tracked separate from kids TS credits.
Also, regardless of TS or CS, children under 10, when using their credits, are supposed to order off of the children's menu when available.

ransam
05-20-2013, 11:28 AM
one thing also to remember, is that if you book a package, i think that you can't just buy one dining plan, you have to buy one for each person in the package.

BrerGnat
05-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Just remember that Adult TS credits (age 10? and older) are tracked separate from kids TS credits.
Also, regardless of TS or CS, children under 10, when using their credits, are supposed to order off of the children's menu when available.

True. So, if you have a child in your party, and you want to split meals, you have to either use 2 Adult TS credits or 1 Adult and then 1 Kid's credit, but one of the meals has to be a kid's meal.

We have split meals on the DDP before and it's not issue as long as you are not at a buffet or a "family style" type dining venue (Garden Grill, 'Ohana, Whispering Canyon, etc.)

Via Napoli has fairly strict rules regarding how you can use the DDP there, so if you will be dining there, you will have to follow their rules. That is the only place that I'm aware of that has restrictions on sharing.

DANAM
05-27-2013, 06:04 PM
One more question about this. So if my daughter, husband, and I are all on the adult dining plan we could share 2 Adult meals on the dining plan correct? Not to over complicate things, but my son who is on the childrens dining plan, could I pay out of pocket for his meal? Even if we have children's credits remaining? Im just thinking I may add an extra ADR and stretch out DDP credits out a bit.

BrerGnat
05-29-2013, 08:38 AM
One more question about this. So if my daughter, husband, and I are all on the adult dining plan we could share 2 Adult meals on the dining plan correct? Not to over complicate things, but my son who is on the childrens dining plan, could I pay out of pocket for his meal? Even if we have children's credits remaining? Im just thinking I may add an extra ADR and stretch out DDP credits out a bit.

Yes, to everything you posted.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-31-2013, 05:16 PM

Again, just remember, your son's DDP TS credits can be accumulated, but can't be used on an adult meal, so unless the adult is content to eat mac n cheese or chicken nuggets, not sure you'd gain much by stockpiling the child's TS credits. Only benefit, possibly would be paying out of pocket for nuggets and saving his TS for buffet. You might come out ahead that way, otherwise I'd use them up and not risk having them go unused.

DANAM
06-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Again, just remember, your son's DDP TS credits can be accumulated, but can't be used on an adult meal, so unless the adult is content to eat mac n cheese or chicken nuggets, not sure you'd gain much by stockpiling the child's TS credits. Only benefit, possibly would be paying out of pocket for nuggets and saving his TS for buffet. You might come out ahead that way, otherwise I'd use them up and not risk having them go unused.

I think I will save 1 for a buffet. He's a huge salad eater and I will never understand why a salad is not an option for kids at Disney.