PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic - w/o the wait?

cer
05-15-2013, 11:45 AM
We have not seen Fantasmic in years. What I want is to do Fantasmic without waiting in a line forever and waiting in the seats forever. I also want to do it without paying extra for the fantasmic dinner package. Is this even do-able?

June 12-15 (Wed- Sat) will be the best days for us to see it. I don't mind seeing the 2nd show. I want to be able to walk in and sit and I really don't care where as I don't think there is a bad seat (in my opinion).

How would you time this or do you just recommend the dinner pkg and go to the early show - or skip it altogether....

Come on, Experts give me the low-down.

MickeysBestPal
05-15-2013, 12:15 PM
We have not seen Fantasmic in years. What I want is to do Fantasmic without waiting in a line forever and waiting in the seats forever. I also want to do it without paying extra for the fantasmic dinner package. Is this even do-able?

This goes for all shows at WDW-

If its IMPORTANT to see a particular show, arriving a bit too early (and waiting) will be better than arriving a bit late (and missing it.)

If its not a really big deal to see a particular show, you may certainly arrive closer to show-time and just see if you get lucky and walk right in.
Many folks do.
But, many don't.

#1donaldfan
05-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Well, I have been to Fantasmic and seen many empty seats, then have been and seemingly every seat was taken.......this question is impossible to answer....if you want to try n fit in as the show starts, that is the only way to not have to wait, but .... that is a BIG IF !! :cool:

DizneyRox
05-15-2013, 03:43 PM
In years past, even standing room only has been filled and I've seen reports of people being turned away.

now that it's back to a regular schedule (it is right?) it might be so bad. The second show, if there is one, would be your best bet to be able to do what you want, but I would guess they only do two shows when there's a need.

MOJoe
05-15-2013, 04:47 PM

June 12-15 (Wed- Sat) will be the best days for us to see it. I don't mind seeing the 2nd show. I want to be able to walk in and sit and I really don't care where as I don't think there is a bad seat (in my opinion).

I'm with you on this. I like to see F, but i hate standing in that Huge crowd for 45 minutes. Very uncomfortable. I might try to scoot in at the last minute for the 2nd show, next week. I'll let you know how and if it works!

MickeysBestPal
05-15-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm with you on this. I like to see F, but i hate standing in that Huge crowd for 45 minutes.

There is often a lot of confusion when posters mention "standing in line' for long periods of time for Fantasmic!

For the first show (or only show) of the evening, guests don't generally stand in a crowd for very long.

They open the theater 60-75 minutes before show-time, and guests can walk the entrance path, then right into the theater and grab their seat choices.

MOJoe
05-15-2013, 05:08 PM
There is often a lot of confusion when posters mention "standing in line' for long periods of time for Fantasmic!

For the first show (or only show) of the evening, guests don't generally stand in a crowd for very long.

They open the theater 60-75 minutes before show-time, and guests can walk the entrance path, then right into the theater and grab their seat choices.

I normally see the 2nd show. And have always had a 30 + minute wait, even when i think i am running late. I have less experience with the 1st show, but have seen the line spilling out onto Sunset Blvd. So i always assumed there was a similar wait.

cer
05-15-2013, 05:51 PM
I'm with you on this. I like to see F, but i hate standing in that Huge crowd for 45 minutes. Very uncomfortable. I might try to scoot in at the last minute for the 2nd show, next week. I'll let you know how and if it works!

Cool! Would love to hear how it goes for you! :thumbsup:

Good luck!

tinklover
05-15-2013, 06:06 PM
We were just there Monday night. We went to the 2nd show that started at 10:30pm. We arrived at about 9:50ish and they had started to let people in and we were seated by 10 pm. Good luck.:thumbsup:

MickeysBestPal
05-15-2013, 08:19 PM
I normally see the 2nd show. And have always had a 30 + minute wait, even when i think i am running late. I have less experience with the 1st show, but have seen the line spilling out onto Sunset Blvd. So i always assumed there was a similar wait.

The wait for the 2nd show happens because the CM's are still cleaning the theater from the 1st show guests.

They hold the 2nd show guests from going into the theater until about 30 min. before show-time.

BelleBeauty
05-16-2013, 12:23 PM
We went in November (just before Thanksgiving) and I totally underestimated the importance of showing up early. In previous trips it had not been a big deal. We planned to go to the second show, had dinner at Kouzzina and then went back to DHS to encounter a HUGE line leading all the way down the street.

We were lucky because we showed up about 45 minutes early, before they had finished cleaning from the previous show. So we ended up with a seat, though really not a good seat.

If you want to see the show, my suggestion is make the time to go early and get a good seat. If it doesn't really matter to you, take your chances and skip it if the line is too long. The dinner package has never been a good option for us because I really don't like any of the restaurants at DHS.

ransam
05-16-2013, 02:57 PM
some wait for a couple hours. but for me, as long as you arive 20-30 minutes before show time, you should be good,
I like the way it is set up, even in teh back you can still see it really well.
there are no bad seats.

kakn7294
05-16-2013, 03:39 PM
These days, we just always wait and take our chances. We go to the second show, arriving about 15-30 min before showtime to allow for that long walk into the theater area. We haven't been turned away for the last several years traveling in the summer months. But that doesn't mean it won't happen so if it's important to see the show, go at least 30 min before showtime.

eandrsmom
05-16-2013, 09:43 PM
We were there last July, and decided last minute that we'd like to catch the second show of the evening. We really weren't expecting to get seats since we arrived 10 minutes prior to the start, but were happy to find plenty of seats available. I guess we just got lucky.