PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day trip report--Day 2, part 1

tinksmom02
05-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Saturday--DTD and MK

I had given DD the choice of sleeping in, or getting up to swim a little in the am. She chose to sleep. My internal alarm clock woke me up at 5:30 so I had some time to myself before waking her up at 9. :blush: DD snacked on some cereal before we left the room. We were meeting one of my friends from college and her daughter at DTD, so we headed over to the boat. Where we waited. And waited LOL Three boats came before we could get on! I've never seen it this busy at this time of day, but then I realized it was Saturday, and there were probably a lot of people who arrived that day but weren't heading to a park. Duh.

Anyway, we arrived at DTD shortly after noon and met up with Tracy and her daughter. I haven't seen her in 15 years, and our daughters have never met, but it was like we've only been apart for ten minutes. I had made reservations at T-Rex so the girls explored while we caught up. Lunch was OK, I had the flatbread appetizer, DD had corn dog nuggets.

After lunch we shopped at World of Disney and then grabbed ice cream at Ghirardelli's (which wasn't as crowded as I'd thought it would be). It was drizzling while we were eating (under an umbrella, by the water). We went to Little Miss Matched after that, and got stuck there when the skies opened up. We hung out for about a half hour before it slowed down enough to move on. We did Goofy's Candy Co and the pin store, and then it was time for us to part ways. Our daughters are newfound friends, though ("she's the flip to my flop," says my daughter!) and since we have tentative plans to come back in November. they're going to try to come back then.

The boats were down when we were ready to leave, so we headed over to the bus depot. Got back to the resort, dropped off our stuff, and went right back to the bus stop to wait for an MK bus.

Part 2 coming soon!

KylesMom
05-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Why oh why do our internal clocks insist on getting us up so early when we're on vacation, especially when our kids don't have the same internal clock?!

What a fun morning/early afternoon spending it with an old, dear friend. Love that the girls got along so well too. Boy, no rest for the weary . . . off to the MK we gooooooo! :mickey:

tinksmom02
05-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Why oh why do our internal clocks insist on getting us up so early when we're on vacation, especially when our kids don't have the same internal clock?!

What a fun morning/early afternoon spending it with an old, dear friend. Love that the girls got along so well too. Boy, no rest for the weary . . . off to the MK we gooooooo! :mickey:

I despise my internal clock LOL

faline
05-14-2013, 06:03 PM
Transportation hasn't been kind to you thus far!!

It must have been really fun to catch up with an old friend!!

Mickey'sGirl
05-14-2013, 06:09 PM
We never had luck with those boats either! What a nice visit with your friend and her "flip".

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-14-2013, 08:31 PM
How cool to meet up with an old friend at Disney? An extra-special visit!

January-2007
05-15-2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks for reporting!

princessgirls
05-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Christi,

Hate to hurry up and wait!!!! Sorry transportation has been less than optimal this trip!

Fun time at DTD. Just what you needed...some fun girl bonding over shopping and food!

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
05-22-2013, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the report.

DizNee143
05-25-2013, 06:57 PM
Sounds like it was a nice time with your friend, and that's awesome your daughters got along so well! :mickey:

pdrlkr
06-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: