PDA

View Full Version : splitsville

luvkatiebug
05-14-2013, 01:24 PM
We are going to Disney the week after 4th of July. We want to take a day off from the parks and go to DTD and bowl at Splitsville. Do we need to make a reservation time for that? It would be sometime after a late breakfast probably. Thanks. :mickey:

ANG
05-14-2013, 02:04 PM
I don't have an answer but I too want to try Spiltsville! Please share your report after you go!

KylesMom
05-14-2013, 02:37 PM
If you plan on bowling for 90+ minutes according to Splitsville's website, you can make a reservation and "avoid the waiting list".

Excited to hear about your experience at Splitsville! :mickey:

Mickey'sIrishPAl
05-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Not sure if this is the norm, but when I reserved a lane for the 2nd of September, I had called Splitsville themselves and gave them my credit card information to reserve the lanes. I was told that I had lane 4 from 2PM to 4PM at a rate of $95.00 per hour and had to use it for the entire 2 hour timeframe. They explained that we had a dining table set up at the head of the lanes and was somewhat "private" and that we would have a server that took care of our dining/ beverage needs. Our shoe rental was comped. I was also told that since we have a 4 year old who requires the bumpers that when it is her turn to bowl, the bumpers will go up only when it is her turn and will go back down when she is done. Pretty cool.

Once I confirmed that this was hunky dorey, they e-mailed me out a contract which detailed all that I just mentioned and I signed and returned it via fax to them directly.

Is it a little pricey? Sure. But I kind of see it like dining at Cinderella's Castle. Expensive but we can say we did it once. Verdict is not out yet on whether we will do Splitsville again but I am sure it will be a great time. Cindy's Royal Table....we will not. :mickey:

Kenny1113
05-15-2013, 08:56 AM
While I can't speak for the DTD splitsville. Our local Splitsville consistently has a 2hr + walk-in wait list for bowling on the weekends.

mgmnut
07-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know, if I make a reservation online for 4 ppl, does that automatically reserve us a lane as well?

This sounds likea great first night activity. Take the boat from OKW to DTD and have dinner and bowl.

Christine
07-05-2013, 12:32 PM
We have only done walk up so I can't comment on their reservation policy.
But I will say that we found it quite pricey and not different enough from a regular bowling lane/experience to justify it.
The food is good, so I wouldn't hesitate to eat there. But the three of us paid $100 to bowl and I nearly choked! Lol!

faline
07-05-2013, 12:35 PM
It's been a long since I bowled with any regularity but, wow, I never expected to see that sort of cost for 2 hours of lane time - with or without a server to deliver your food!!

magicofdisney
07-05-2013, 04:34 PM
We have something locally called Splitz. Everything you described sounds similar to ours with the selective bumper guards and table features. If it's more like ours then you can choose the bumper guards for each member of your party. When you input name info, you'll have the option of selecting the bumper guards for each player.

As a frame of reference, we pay $50 for 6 players and 2 lanes. This also includes shoes. It sounds like Disney charges are nearly quadruple. Dining at Disney was an excellent correlation to costs.

mgmnut
07-06-2013, 08:06 AM
My son and I go bowling sometimes here at a local lane on Sunday mornings. There is a sunday morning special, it is $24.00 for 2 hours, including shoes. These lanes were just renovated so everything is automated, bumpers, score, etc.

From what I read from Spitsville it is $20.00 pp (weekend rate) and with 4 ppl you get the lane for 1.25 hrs. So on top of the meal cost, it should be about $80.00 plus whatever they get for shoe rental if we go on our arrival night. Yes it is over priced but if the food is good and the atmosphere is FUN I am ok to give it a try.

mgmnut
07-06-2013, 08:14 AM
it is $20.00 pp (weekend rate) and with 4 ppl you get the lane for 1.25 hrs. So on top of the meal cost, it should be about $80.00 plus whatever they get for shoe rental.

I just read it again, the $20.00 includes the shoe rental.

Janna42
11-04-2013, 07:42 PM
I just booked dinner at Solittsville for our Feb trip, and I'm confused as to whether that includes our lane time. We have 5 in our party, so we have an hour and a half to bowl. Can we eat during that time as well or will our dinner be separate?

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-07-2013, 11:20 AM
They really don't make it clear on their website, do they?

As far as I can tell, and as far as I've heard, you can eat while you bowl, so your dinner would be included in the timeframe.