PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten?

fanofdisney
05-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Please tell me what you think of the Biergarten. We are thinking about trying it our next trip but are unsure of the foods. Is it real heavy and fried? I don't want to be uncomfortable for the rest of the night if you know what I mean :secret:

vicster
05-14-2013, 11:34 AM
We love the Biergarten - it's one of our favorite dining places. It's a buffet so you can choose what you want if you don't want anything heavy. We're never uncomfortable when leaving there.

BuddyL4
05-14-2013, 11:42 AM
The Biergarten is one of our must do's. The bufet should have something for everyone and the entertainment is great!

BelleBeauty
05-14-2013, 12:16 PM
We went for the first time last trip and I was surprised that it was not heavy and we didn't leave feeling too full. The buffet has a lot of authentic choices and some great desserts. The atmosphere is also great - and of course the beer :beer:

It is definitely on our list for next trip! Something I didn't know this time. We made our ADR around lunch time right when they opened and they didn't have a band playing or a lot of people there (we were there in November). That may be good or bad depending on your preferences, but we want to check it out with entertainment next time.

mudpuppysmom
05-14-2013, 02:26 PM
It's a fun place! My kids love the band that plays polka music and we have even gone down to the dance flor and taken a few spins around! The food is decent. My husband, not at all thrilled with buffet food normally, just said the other day it was a place we could return to again because the food was dent there. Plenty of choices! I would go for lunch since it is less expensive and essentially the very same food as dinner (I believe there is one more meat at dinner). Also of note if you are not aware, tables seat 8 guests, so be prepared to sit with others.....sometimes a very fun and entertaining experience, sometimes awkward and quiet!

AmandaChan
05-15-2013, 12:26 PM
It's our must do. I love the atmosphere and the first time we went we sat with two other groups and it was fine. When you go that restaurant you have to anticipate sitting with other people and if you don't like sitting with other people then you probably shouldn't make reservations at a place that has that possibility you know what I mean? Other people are there to have fun like you are so usually you will encounter friendly people. As far as the food, you can look at the menu online but I am not a fan of heavy fried food and I find plenty there to snack on. I love curry ketchup and they have schnitzel (which is like chicken patty) so kids can eat that. And if they don't eat a lot of food bc they are picky (which was the case with my BIL and niece) they can just fill up on their desserts!! they are know for having a wide variety of AWESOME desserts. I have to say we love it most for the experience. I always get me a big stein of the lighter ale, can't remember the name of it.

DisneyDINK
05-15-2013, 01:19 PM
I always get me a big stein of the lighter ale, can't remember the name of it.

Maybe Spaten Pils or Lager, Paulaner Lager, Dortmunder or Bitburger - all of those are light.

My take: it is German food. Yes, it IS heavy.

I like the advice about being seated with other guests. I'm fine with the arrangement, but the last 2 visits I have been seated with non English/Spanish speakers which made conversation a bit tough or families who came directly from a lecture on stoicism. I wanted to tell them "Hey, we're in Disney World! Maybe you could scowl less?" but I don't think that would have made things better. I made the best of it, but...

Oh, in case it isn't obvious from my comments, I like Biergarten.

SBETigg
05-15-2013, 01:22 PM
It's a buffet, so there are a lot of choices, not all of them heavy and fried. Some of them, yes. And it is German food which tends to be heavy in a lot of cases. Potato salads, sausages, wieners, some fried stuff, some really good desserts. I suppose it's all up to you what ratio of heavy to not heavy foods that you consume, but it borders on predominately heavy though not all or even mostly fried. The atmosphere is fantastic and the band is a lot of fun. This one made our "glad we tried it once" list. But we probably won't return.

fanofdisney
05-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Ok we are going to give it a try!
Thanks for the replies :thanks:

NewDVCowner
05-15-2013, 03:59 PM
Are all of the entrees beef or pork? My sister doesn't eat mammel and I've wanted to try this place. I'm afraid, though, that there would be nothing for her to eat, ie chicken, turkey, etc.

Scott C
05-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Are all of the entrees beef or pork? My sister doesn't eat mammel and I've wanted to try this place. I'm afraid, though, that there would be nothing for her to eat, ie chicken, turkey, etc.
I always get some of the chicken schnitzel

Thanks
Scott C

PETE FROM NYC
05-16-2013, 07:06 PM
DW and I try to eat there at least once each trip. Last trip we did not b/c of her nephew.
Our next trip will be just us and we will maybe do 2 dinners there. Never did lunch, I want my sauerbraten.

EvilQueen2006
05-30-2013, 03:20 PM

I also don't eat beef or pork. I was worried I wouldn't find a lot to eat, but I found plenty. It's on my list of favorites now.

NewDVCowner
05-30-2013, 04:02 PM
I also don't eat beef or pork. I was worried I wouldn't find a lot to eat, but I found plenty. It's on my list of favorites now.

Thank you!