PDA

View Full Version : Refund Check from Hotel manager??

lawgirl
05-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Hi all! We just got back and had a lovely stay at the AKL, minus the last night, where our a/c unit started making a horific noise around 4:00 am. And basically, the issue didn't get resolved until after 6:30 that morning. The manager called and apologized profusely, and offered to comp our room that night. Since we were guests of DVC member (DVC rental), she took all of my information and said they would be mailing us a refund check.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? How long does it take to get the check in the mail? If I need to call to follow up on that, who do I call? AKL directly and ask for that manager? Or WDW Customer Relations?

Thanks!

VWL Mom
05-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Very interesting, I'm surprised she said they would mail you a check, with DVC they would normally credit the points back to the owner. As a renter, guest relations may tell you to take it up with the owner so any follow-up should be with the person at AKL that you spoke to. If you rented though a company I suggest you let them know what occurred.

WRWDisney
05-31-2013, 10:30 AM
Hope this has resolved and that you have received the check. Just to let you know, we have received a room credit while staying there on points. Basically, we had a savanah view room and the balcony was overrun by bees. They tried to deal with it, but couldn't make them go away (they couldn't use the normal spray you or I would buy at Home Depot; something to do with either Florida regulations or the savanah, can't remember). ANyway, they offered to move us, but that would have taken a half day to repack and unpack again. So they credited our room with one nights equivalent, so when we charged back to the room, the first several hundred dollars were taken care of. Not the same as a check, but sort of.

lawgirl
05-31-2013, 08:19 PM
It was resolved, and I'm so impressed with how they handled it...even though they put it on a gift card and I didn't know it! The mgr had told me she was entering the info and we would receive a check in the mail. However, they ended up putting one night credit onto the gift card that I used for the DDP...and I had no idea, because the g/c was all used up, and I thankfully had saved it. I called the AKL front desk, and the mgr on duty transferred me to the accounting dept, and the lady was shocked that they put it on the g/c. She said she had been there for years and never heard of that happening. I had no clue they had done it that way, and she asked if I happened to have saved any of the g/c from our trip, and sure enough we went through a couple of them, and they had transferred the credit to the g/c. I probably would have preferred a check, but either way, we were extremely well taken care of!

WRWDisney
05-31-2013, 09:28 PM
Glad to hear it. I think the CMs at AKL are the best on property:thumbsup:

lawgirl
06-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Glad to hear it. I think the CMs at AKL are the best on property:thumbsup:

I agree. We have never had a bad experience there. All of the managers I encountered have been so apologetic and so pleasant to work with!