PDA

View Full Version : Reaching out

JMTStone
05-13-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm having a real hard time at work. It was a horrible weekend. As many of you know, I'm in Information Technology and I support many end users across the globe. Something went wrong this weekend and I'll be babysitting many people for the next few days. Some people who aren't familiar with PC/desktop who I will have to walk through steps already documented in a great users guide I created at Midnight Saturday. Others will be angry and even though its not my fault I'll be the person they take their frustrations out on. And I'm almost out of Valium. I'm feeling quite alone as my at work support system is: a good boss who doesn't ask me to do anything he wouldn't do but is too busy to help and a co-worker who doesn't pick up their slack and leans on me for things they shouldn't after 5 years with the company. (I know - its partially my fault but I'm working on fixing it)

Needless to say I WISH there were a kickboxing class tonight (almost 30 pounds lost but I probably gained some back working all weekend and only kickboxing Saturday morning - no elliptical since Thursday.)

I've been up since 4 AM. 66 Days until Disney. I just need to get through the next few days.

Melanie
05-13-2013, 06:50 AM
Awww, I'm sorry Mel. :( Best of luck getting through these next few days. Concentrate on the positive, like your Pens advancing and WDW. :puck: :mickey:

stephicakes
05-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Sorry you're having a rough time at work :( But hang in there and concentrate on your Disney countdown! Can you play some Disney music while you work? That seems to always help me relax.

One day at a time!! :pixie:

AgentC
05-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Hang in there! I hope the days go by fast and you can get back to normal soon.

Dopey's Girl
05-13-2013, 08:14 AM
BOO!!! Sorry that you are having such a rough time. Keep focused on that countdown, and hopefully things get better really quickly!

faline
05-13-2013, 09:07 AM
Just take one day at a time! Hope it gets better for you soon!

azcavalier
05-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Count your blessings and remember it could always be worse. You have a good job, which it seems you are very capable at. You have a WDW trip planned! And you could always have troubles like an old high school friend who texted me out of the blue this morning to tell me that she just pressed charges against her boyfriend for assaulting her 15 yr. old daughter, and then paying her to keep quiet (which she used to get high).

It could always be worse.

JMTStone
05-13-2013, 09:31 AM
I appreciate the support. And I know, I'm lucky. Some people have it much worse. I'm only addicted to Mickey.

I've already fielded a few calls. One angry and one who wanted to know why we didn't do this when they had more time.

I've already listened to the latest podcast. Disney music between frantic calls from end users it is!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-13-2013, 04:44 PM
As a fellow IT support person, I've been there, and know I'll be there again too.

It is rotten, people are horrible, they really thing that we're out to ruin their days.

But, it will pass, you'll do a great job, and Disney will be that much closer.

Sending positive, calm thoughts your way ... and to those you support.

TheVBs
05-13-2013, 08:19 PM
I am so sorry you are going through this. DH used to often be in the same position so I understand, if only in a secondhand way, what you're going through. I hope that overall your job isn't normally this stressful. In the meantime, hang in there, try to keep your cool and find some of your best Disney moments to remember.

JMTStone
05-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Its getting better. I went to cardio kickboxing last night and used the bag to vent. Cheaper than therapy and lawyers!

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

BriarRose0708
05-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Its getting better. I went to cardio kickboxing last night and used the bag to vent. Cheaper than therapy and lawyers!

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Glad to hear things are turning around and you were able to get back to the gym! Still sending you lots of good vibes!

faline
05-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Its getting better.

Good to hear!

minnie04
05-15-2013, 09:59 AM

Hang in there it will be over soon and you have the perfect way to celebrate it DISNEY!!!! just keep kicking your way through it ..lol:mickey: