PDA

View Full Version : Are TS and CS meals interchangeable?

thetraveler
05-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Can we substitute a TS meal for a CS meal? I'm just not sure that we will include a TS meal every day. Apologies if this has been asked recently.

Capt_redshirt
05-12-2013, 11:00 PM
I dont think it has been asked recently ... but if you are doing the regular dining plan i believe the answer is no... i think the computer discerns between CS and TS restaurants if you are taking advantage of free dining you might want to consider an upgrade to the Deluxe dining plan (might cost you a little more but you wont have an issue of limitations) just an option

thejens
05-12-2013, 11:01 PM
If you are on a dining plan then you cannot have a table service meal in place of a counter service meal. I think you may be able to do it the other way around.

FLKatie912
05-13-2013, 12:03 AM
If you are on a dining plan then you cannot have a table service meal in place of a counter service meal. I think you may be able to do it the other way around.

You are correct. You can do it the other way around however it's up to the QSR locations discretion. Sometimes, just ask for a leader, because a CM may not realize they can do that.

Tekneek
05-13-2013, 04:32 AM
This was a concern I had as well. The process of trying to book ADRs is ridiculous, plus not sure we want to take that kind of time out of each day. It would be nice to pick out a few TS that have meaning for us and use the rest as QS if there isn't anything else.

Strmchsr
05-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Honestly, if you're not going to use your TS credits you're wasting a LOT of money by getting the DDP, even the so-called "free" dining promotion. You'd be much better off getting a room-only discount and paying for your dining OOP.

I don't know 100% for sure, but my understanding is that you used to be able to substitute 2 CS credits for a TS or a TS for a CS but they've stopped allowing that.

Pirate Granny
05-13-2013, 07:26 AM
We have witnessed many of NO, can't do that, even when people want 1 CS instead of 1 TS, and that is from the CS Manager (Cosmic Rays most recently). So, you may find a CM that will do it occasionally, but techically it's not allowed. Make those ADRs now....and I've never actually heard of anyone successfully swapping out 2 CS for 1 TS...

Possibly at the value food courts they may be more lenient about CS instead of TS, but not in the parks.

Tekneek
05-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Honestly, if you're not going to use your TS credits you're wasting a LOT of money by getting the DDP, even the so-called "free" dining promotion. You'd be much better off getting a room-only discount and paying for your dining OOP.

I don't know 100% for sure, but my understanding is that you used to be able to substitute 2 CS credits for a TS or a TS for a CS but they've stopped allowing that.

I booked well before I was offered DDP, and the "upgrade" to qualify was a total of $89 in order to get a free DDP with a retail value of nearly $2000 for my family. I'm not worried about getting the "full value" out of it.

We're a family of vegetarians, including 1 with a dairy allergy, so it isn't like we can just pick from the entire slate of restaurants and menu items. We're trying to book things that make sense for our dietary restrictions. Sure, we could go to a meat-centric restaurant with the requirement that they cook up special vegetarian and vegan meals. Does Disney really want that? We'd be doing them a favor by trading it for a CS meal that is already regularly prepared for vegans.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-13-2013, 10:20 AM
We're a family of vegetarians, including 1 with a dairy allergy, so it isn't like we can just pick from the entire slate of restaurants and menu items. We're trying to book things that make sense for our dietary restrictions. Sure, we could go to a meat-centric restaurant with the requirement that they cook up special vegetarian and vegan meals. Does Disney really want that? We'd be doing them a favor by trading it for a CS meal that is already regularly prepared for vegans.

Disney is super with allergies and diet requests/needs. If there is a TS that you're interested in, the chefs will be willing and able to work with you to have a great meal.

It is great that you're thinking about the ingredients that they will have on-hand, some places have more to work with than others, but Disney chefs make amazing vegetarian and vegan meals.

All this to say, there may be more TS meals you can enjoy, especially since they are "free" and you can maybe enjoy a place you wouldn't normally try.

Tekneek
05-13-2013, 10:25 AM
All this to say, there may be more TS meals you can enjoy, especially since they are "free" and you can maybe enjoy a place you wouldn't normally try.

I've reached out to the special dietary group at WDW to see if they can provide some additional guidance to help gear us in directions that make sense for both us and Disney. No sense in us wasting our time, or CM time, by getting reservations at places that won't be able to accommodate us at all. I hope they're able to come up with something that will make it easy for everyone involved.

In general, I wish they did allow for changing them if you end up in a situation where the restaurants can't take care of you but you know the CS across the way serves a prepared vegan meal. Not as a default choice, but for special circumstances.

Ms. Mode
05-13-2013, 01:45 PM
We wanted to trade CS for a snack at POP once and they told us "No". I just couldn't understand why not when they would make a profit off the deal...

Capt_redshirt
05-13-2013, 01:51 PM
sometimes the people that work at CS or snacks see things in black and white (same for those that guard the vinylmation trader boxes lol)