PDA

View Full Version : Babymoon help!

Bethanymouse
05-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Hello!

My husband and I are expecting our first baby in September. We are very very very excited. All of our friends with kids have recommended we go on a babymoon- a vacation with just the two of us before baby's arrival.

My parents are renting a beach house for a week in late July and we will be joining them. Any other suggestions in the NJ/NY/PA/RI/CN/MA area? We are willing to travel (we live in NJ) but not too far--- (4 hours tops). I would like the trip to be about 3 or 4 nights.....any suggestions?

SBETigg
05-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Awwww! I have no ideas, but congratulations and best wishes. How sweet!

Oh, maybe one idea. My sister rents a house for two weeks every summer in Misquamicut, RI, and they love it. Beach and resort area. If you look it up, you might find a rental agent in the area. A day trip to explore the grand old houses in Newport RI would be doable from there, in case you want something more than just beach. Newport itself is lovely, lots of shops, restaurants, boating excursions.

Scar
05-12-2013, 07:36 PM
My standard answer when anyone asks where to vacation around here is Gettysburg. I know it's not for everyone, but if you or your husband are into history, it's about as good as it gets.

NJGIRL
05-12-2013, 08:33 PM
I love Newport.

How about Washington DC.

Niagara Falls is a great summer trip. Not sure how far it is from you.

Both are great 4 day trips.

cather74
05-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Check out the sagamore in lake George ny. Had our baby moon there. You won't be sorry.:)

BrerGnat
05-13-2013, 08:29 AM
My recommendation is to pick a place where you can sleep in, RELAX, eat some great food, sleep some more, RELAX some more, etc.

At that point in your pregnancy, and in the summer no less, you are not going to be feeling like being a tourist somewhere, walking around seeing sights, and the whole purpose of a babymoon is to take one last VACATION for awhile. Once you start traveling with kids, it becomes a tiring trip full of work. ;)

I would choose a really nice, high end resort hotel that you would probably NOT take a baby/kid to, because you will be looking for "family friendly" hotels from here on out.

In your case, I'd probably go to NYC, stay somewhere "fancy", eat at some great restaurants, see a couple Broadway shows, etc. That would be a lot of fun!

Bethanymouse
05-13-2013, 03:18 PM
I LOVE all of these ideas! You guys are great! Thanks! I am off to do some research:thumbsup:

jmj18
05-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Whiteface Lodge in Lake Placid! Awesome spa and just a nice place o relax!