PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip within 6 months

fanofdisney
05-11-2013, 07:29 AM
I am the "trip planner" for the family and the other day my husband says let's go to Disney in November. We were there last July and several times before that so my planning isn't from scratch but each time we have gone I have had a year to run over where we would like to eat, what park to be at each day etc.... well in advance of the 180 ADR date.
So to any fellow type A Disney planners have you ever put together a "last minute" trip? We are not 180 days out yet, but will be next week, and I have been testing the online reservation system to see if an ADR would be available for BOG and nothing is ever available. Is this the only restaurant that is booked completely this far out?
Help I am having a bit of anxiety (with a mixture of excitement :secret:) :help:

eandrsmom
05-11-2013, 08:36 AM
We were there last May, and were planning on going to the mountains for our summer vacation. A few weeks after we returned home from Disney, my family vetoed the mountains and said they wanted to go back to Orlando instead. I had to plan everything in two months! I'm typically a super planner with spread sheets indicating anticipated crowd levels, ADR's at 180 days, etc. I have to admit, that our last trip was the most relaxing time we ever had. This summer, I've nixed the planning. We will decide which park to go to according to the crowd levels predicted, and I only have two ADR's at our favorite restaurants. No worries!

fanofdisney
05-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Oh my gosh that is what I do with the planning, so funny. So, it all worked out and you didn't have any anxiety attacks? How have you taken on this new sense of freedom, what is your secret? So do you think it was the last minute planning that made it the most relaxing trip or the fewer ADRs? I think I could go for relaxing instead of making myself crazy :crazy:

MOJoe
05-11-2013, 09:32 AM
I'm 9 days out from a trip i started planning 6 weeks ago. I have an ADR for each evening, and had no problems getting ressies for places we like. So you have plenty of time to plan.

That said, there may be a couple of your favorites that are already booked, but you can just use that as an opportunity to try something new. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-11-2013, 01:24 PM
if an ADR would be available for BOG and nothing is ever available. Is this the only restaurant that is booked completely this far out?

You still have lots of time! You'll be able to book ADR's at or close to the 180-day mark, so even though it feels like a shorter planning time, (and I agree, I plan forever), you have some wiggle room to get what you'd like.

BOG is very hard to get right now. Since it is new, everyone wants to eat there and it is a real pain to try and get. If you're interested, I'd jump on it, but remember you can have CS lunch, so you still get the cool experience without the ADR craziness.

Otherwise, little books up right at the 180-day mark!

Enjoy the planning. :mickey:

faline
05-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Goodness, I've gone to Disney one week after deciding to go! You've got lots of planning time - no worries!!

fanofdisney
05-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Oh my that is amazing :thumbsup:

WDWCrazyKaren
05-21-2013, 09:37 AM
I would think you can any ADR you can think of with the exception of BOG. We hit the 180 day mark last week, and there is not one single ADR available the entire week of our trip. I will try once or twice more in the next month or so, but if nothing, I'll just try it next trip.

We were able to get every other ressie we wanted, at every time we wanted. Don't worry!

fanofdisney
05-21-2013, 03:02 PM
You are right on the money!!! I got on the computer at 4:55 am to be ready for BOG at 180+10 days and there was nothing :( I was so disappointed. I guess we will be going for lunch... What I don't understand is we are able to make the 180+10 ADRs so how do the extra 10 days go so fast? Are people making them and then canceling them? If so that is really selfish. Well, I am going to keep trying in case a cancelation comes through but if not lunch here we come...