PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours Weekend~Meet & Greet ?

cathendricks
05-09-2013, 04:20 PM
We have been to Star Tours weekends the past 2 years. We have NOT ever tried to meet any of the stars that are there those weekends. This year we do want to see Ray Park. I know before I have seen posts that talk about the meet & greets and getting FP's for them (I think?)

Could anyone tell me about this process and what I need to do to ensure we could meet him? My son would love it!

Thanks so much!:mickey:

Kenny1113
05-09-2013, 04:37 PM
I don't know if the process has changed (or that I remembering it correctly). On the weekend he is there, you would arrive to DHS early and stand in line to recieve your FP time for the meet and greet.

Strmchsr
05-09-2013, 04:43 PM
That's correct. And by early, you probably need to be there by 6 am or so. There will be a specific line for the FP separate from the regular get in the park line. Some folks camp out overnight for the meet n greet FPs so make sure you're there early and look for the signs to point you to the correct line.

cathendricks
05-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the great info.

When we get a FP I assume it will have a return time to meet him? Also, would I have time to buy something for him to sign or should I buy something in advance???

Thanks!!!! :mickey:

Strmchsr
05-12-2013, 05:37 PM
When we get a FP I assume it will have a return time to meet him? Also, would I have time to buy something for him to sign or should I buy something in advance???

Yes it will have a time for you to get in the autograph line. And you should have time to buy something, but if you have something specific in mind you want him to sign - buy it in advance. If you have done it before you have no idea how crowded it gets and even trying to buy something can involve waiting in a crazy long line.

cathendricks
05-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the info.

I'm curious if they give the bracelets out to people waiting in line or does none of that happen until 7:30 am or whenever they hand out the FP's? I assume Disney has people there to "police" the line?

Also I guess Disney will have people there at the gates and stuff so we can park? I have no clue about all this so I just want to be as prepared as I can be since I have 3 kids with us :)

Strmchsr
05-17-2013, 07:57 PM
The Fastpasses for the autographs are handed out beginning when the park opens. You can get in line well before that, though (and people do - some folks camp out most of the night). If you're not in line by 6-6:30 in the morning you can pretty much forget about getting one of the Fastpasses.

This morning they started letting folks in at 7:30 and actually opened the park about 7:48, prior to the published 8:00 opening.

Yes, there's CMs at the gate so you can park.