PDA

View Full Version : Soarin' ?

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
05-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Do you think they should change up Soarin' to include different places like it could be Soarin' Over Florida, Soarin' Around the World, Soaring Over Europe? What do You think? I would kind of like it if they would but I would still want them to have Soarin' Over California.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
05-09-2013, 02:13 PM
I personally think that It would be really cool if they had multiple versions in different theaters in the building. One could be the original Soaring Over California, One could be Soaring Over Florida, And One Could Just be something really different!

goofy-4-disney
05-09-2013, 02:21 PM
I voted yes. Its a ride I enjoy, but its not one that I have to do every trip. If they could change up the parts of the world you're going over that would be great!

Itchy
05-09-2013, 05:04 PM
I think they should do it like Star Tours and mix up the video so you get a different experience on various rides.

I don't know about scenes from around the world as we have so many beautiful places in our country.

MrPeetrie
05-09-2013, 05:50 PM
I've only ridden it a handful of times so I'm fine with it in its current state.

DizneyFreak2002
05-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Change it... change the destinations... Change it over from film to digital (so those dirt spots which ruin the projections are gone)... Soaring over California ending in Disneyland while in central Florida and WDW kind of throws off the story...

dkmwong
05-09-2013, 07:42 PM
We have only been once, but I think it would be great if they did different parts of the country or even the world.

indytraveler
05-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Soarin' over Indiana would be great! Cornfields and barns with basketball goals on them!

Oh that wasn't one of the options. Florida or around the US would be different. Mix it up a little. Just as long as you end up at WDW at the end so you know where you are.

epceddie
05-09-2013, 10:08 PM
It would be nice to get a fastpass sometime with a return time of less than three hours. We haven't been on the ride since 2011.

DizneyFreak2002
05-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Soarin' over Indiana would be great! Cornfields and barns with basketball goals on them!

Oh that wasn't one of the options. Florida or around the US would be different. Mix it up a little. Just as long as you end up at WDW at the end so you know where you are.

Around the world fits Epcot so much better than just California or Florida...

But hey, if we cannot get that then Soarin over Hoosiers works, as long as Gene Hackman gets a role :)

thejens
05-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Oh, yes! It would be awesome to have different shows. Are there two different "theaters?" Maybe a different one in each?

gueli
05-10-2013, 03:51 AM
I like this ride, but they should change it up.

I dislike that sometimes it is not a smooth transition from one scene to another...

how about a trip from NYC to Florida ending at the world. Lots of cool things in between.

They should update it to have a random selection of scenery, at least 5 different versions so you can get different experiences.

You know it should be like that show aerial America (highlighting different states) but on a worldwide theme- each different movie could end at a different Disney park...

azcavalier
05-10-2013, 09:09 AM
how about a trip from NYC to Florida ending at the world. Lots of cool things in between.

This is what I was thinking. You could have New England, New York, Niagara Falls, Washington D.C., the Chesapeake Bay, The Outer Banks, the Shenandoah Valley, the Smoky Mountains, Hilton Head, Atlanta, the Pan Handle of Florida, the Space Coast, and on to Orlando!

Mitzie
05-10-2013, 09:31 AM

:funny: As a fellow WDW fan from Indiana..too funny. I love Soarin..IMHO..best ride ever in the best park ever! I would love to see video from around the world since world locations are featured in the park.

#1donaldfan
05-10-2013, 12:02 PM
I voted yes. I love the ride, the smells and the sights, but it does need a change !! I agree that a multi version ride would be great, it'll keep us coming back even more than we already do ..... !! :cool:

bruin1344
05-10-2013, 01:06 PM
Yes - I like the ideas for Soarin over FL, USA, or the World.

DizneyFreak2002
05-10-2013, 03:34 PM
In 2017, you'll be Soaring over Pandora...

KAJUNKING
05-10-2013, 08:41 PM
I voted yes, how awesome would it be if all the people waiting in line could text in a vote between a few choices and whatever the majority voted you would get that show! So you would have a vote In it but it would be a total surprise to you once you got on

TheHD
05-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Definitely yes! Incorporate some kind of randomizing, like Star Tours.

I don't ride Soarin' often, because it isn't that exciting to me, especially when I've seen most of the scenes first-hand and lived in Cali most of my life.

Gator
05-11-2013, 03:27 PM
I think they should do it like Star Tours and mix up the video so you get a different experience on various rides.

That's a great idea. And then expand it so that it can absorb more people per hour.

LudwigVonDrake
05-11-2013, 08:58 PM
While I love it the way it is now I'd love a Soarin' Around The World...

darthmacho
05-11-2013, 10:39 PM
I can't bear the thought of Soarin' with a different soundtrack. I love the music so much, I just don't want it to change. I suppose I'd accept something like the new Star Tours, that has multiple combinations making each experience almost unique, but I'd miss the music if they changed it. :mickey:

EvilQueen2006
05-13-2013, 08:51 AM
Soarin around the world, visiting the different countries of Epcot, would be great.

DisneyDINK
05-13-2013, 09:40 AM
I like the idea of a new film, going digital and/or some randomization to the attraction, but I don't see it happening. The ride currently operates at capacity most every day. I know, this is a "what if", so I voted yes; it would be cool.

CU Tiger
05-13-2013, 04:43 PM
I would enjoy an update. The video is starting to get dated an worn. :mickey:

tjstrike
05-14-2013, 12:51 AM
This is what I was thinking. You could have New England, New York, Niagara Falls, Washington D.C., the Chesapeake Bay, The Outer Banks, the Shenandoah Valley, the Smoky Mountains, Hilton Head, Atlanta, the Pan Handle of Florida, the Space Coast, and on to Orlando!

And you could have "God bless the U.S.A" playing for the background music. :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
05-15-2013, 05:25 PM
I like the idea of having multiple shows. One the original and another of perhaps world wide sights.