PDA

View Full Version : insight into how fastpasses will change

taleasoldastime
05-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Maybe I am behind on how all these changes to fastpasses will go but I thought I would post this anyway since it is news to me.

I have not been able to find information on if the fastpass kiosks in the park will close once the online advanced reservation fastpasses open. It has been something I have been worrying about. I talked to my mom this morning though snd founf out dome info.

My mom had taken a trip to wdw this past weekend with her cousin. Her cousin lives in florida so she needed to get her season pass switched to the rfid one. While she was getting it switched my mom chatted with a castmember who was explaining some of the changes. Apparently the kiosks will be done with completely. They will only be doing the online fastpasses. You will get three of them as of now but they are open to change if that number doesnt work out. You will be able to change your fastpasses you chose while you are in the park by going online on your phone or ipad. (My concern with that is I dont anticipate there being that much wiggle room with fastpasses for major attractions like peter pan. Maybe im wrong.) Also, this means fastpasses will no longer be available at all for people not staying on property. (Obviously a way for disney to force more people to stay on property) the cast member did claim that the will help the stand by line not take as long because there shouldnt be as many fastpass riders holding up the stand by line but idk how much im trusting this.

Opinions/insight?

taleasoldastime
05-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Excuse my bad spelling. Im typing on my phone and im obviously not good at it. Haha

DizneyFreak2002
05-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Going with what we know already:

You will book your fastpass online, 60 days in advance... You can only book one park per day, so while it won't truly stop park hopping it will change the way people park hop (some people will probably stop altogether)... The current fastpass system will go away, including the current FP machines...

At one point, on the Terms of Service, Disney stated 3 FP+ tickets a day... However, they have since removed the number 3... Whether that means they are rethinking the amount or not, who knows? Once you are at the park, yes, you are supposed to be allowed to change out a FP, either via your smart phone app, or a centralized kiosk (which will probably have massive lines cause not everyone has a smartphone nor does everyone use the apps)...

No one knows how this will work for people staying off property... I have a hunch off site guests will be left out in the cold... There is also talk that this system MAY wind up being tiered, meaning you stay in a deluxe you get more FP tickets than someone staying in a value... But no one has been able to confirm that, and Disney hasn't stated anything to that affect...

As for the lines, I don't see how this will make stand by go faster... it just won't... FP killed the stand by lines.. FP+ will only make standby worse... Someone on another site did an number comparison, and he projected the stand by lines will increase by 30 minutes, if not more (for the more popular rides)...

Ian
05-09-2013, 04:03 PM
I can't ever recall a more botched, PR disaster of a new program rollout than this one. The stupid thing is live and no one even knows how it works or will work ... even the people rolling it out!

I can't fathom how Iger and his senior leadership team haven't fired every idiot in WDW management over this debacle. It was a huge waste of money to begin with and now it's just foundering ... just a total mess.

DizneyFreak2002
05-09-2013, 04:58 PM
I can't ever recall a more botched, PR disaster of a new program rollout than this one. The stupid thing is live and no one even knows how it works or will work ... even the people rolling it out!

I can't fathom how Iger and his senior leadership team haven't fired every idiot in WDW management over this debacle. It was a huge waste of money to begin with and now it's just foundering ... just a total mess.

If this flounders once 100% implemented, heads will roll... But, will the right heads roll or will the poor cast members earning $7.00 an hour suffer the blame?

Aurora
05-09-2013, 05:24 PM
As for the lines, I don't see how this will make stand by go faster... it just won't... FP killed the stand by lines.. FP+ will only make standby worse... Someone on another site did an number comparison, and he projected the stand by lines will increase by 30 minutes, if not more (for the more popular rides)...

There's no way anyone knows right now or can predict how the stand-by lines will be affected because no one knows how many FPs guests will actually use. The system is so different that predicting its usage now is futile.

Some people who use the current system may be put off by the need to make advance "reservations" for rides and may not use it at all; others who used it for more than 3 FPs per day may be reduced; there may be more than 3 FPs per day allowed; people who used FPs at more than one park may be reduced to one park; some who never used current system may like this one and use it; and on and on.

There are just too many variables to predict any of this until it's rolled out completely, with everything spelled out: all of the restrictions, number limits, park limits, accommodations limits, AND the old system is phased out completely. Any projections right now can only be based on "what-ifs." No reason to worry about stand-by lines yet.

Just read something really interesting about the money aspect. This is from an article published today on qz.com:

Here’s how [CFO Jay] Rasulo explained it to analysts who were listening to the company’s post-earnings conference call, according to a corrected transcript published by FactSet CallStreet:

"We have known for a really long time that getting our visitors to Walt Disney World to make decisions about where they spend their time before they leave home is a powerful driver of visits per guest. When they get into the Orlando market and their time isn’t yet planned, they can be subject to everything you see down there, which is a lot of in-city marketing for all the many products that people have put there to basically bleed off the feed that we fundamentally motivate. So if we can get people to plan their vacation before they leave home, we know that we get more time with them. We get a bigger share of their wallet. So that’s one thing for you guys to think about.

"And the second thing is, what happens to purchases when they become much more convenient and you don’t spend time queuing up for a transaction, queuing up to get in the park and you actually have more time to enjoy the entertainment and subsequently spend more money doing things other than standing in line which, of course, you can’t spend any money while you’re doing that."

Nothing at all about guest satisfaction. Yes, the context was that it was a conference call with analysts about company earnings, but ... yuck.

BriarRose0708
05-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Nothing at all about guest satisfaction. Yes, the context was that it was a conference call with analysts about company earnings, but ... yuck.

It still cracks me up that they think by implementing FastPass people spend more money when they're not waiting in line. Whether I have a FastPass option or not, I'm not in a gift shop in my spare time. Granted, I may be eating but what I pay for a counter service meal is still less than what they want me to spend on their low quality and generic merchandise.

DizneyFreak2002
05-09-2013, 05:48 PM
There's no way anyone knows right now or can predict how the stand-by lines will be affected because no one knows how many FPs guests will actually use. The system is so different that predicting its usage now is futile.

There were people on another board better in numbers than I am who ran numbers based on what we know (17 million people a year, 47000 a day, 3 FP per person) and came up with an increase in standby lines of 30 minutes or more (more for the popular attractions)... Could they be wrong? Sure, I guess they could be... But, would Disney be building interactive queues if your wait time on rides which should be walk on were going to drop? Nope... Everything they are doing points to increases in standby wait times...

Some people who use the current system may be put off by the need to make advance "reservations" for rides and may not use it at all; others who used it for more than 3 FPs per day may be reduced; there may be more than 3 FPs per day allowed; people who used FPs at more than one park may be reduced to one park; some who never used current system may like this one and use it; and on and on. If you don't book your FP+ time, then you will stand in stand by.. if guests are turned off by this and do not book, then they will go to the stand by line, thus increasing the wait time.. If more than half the guests use this, then stand by lines increase on rides which would be walk through... There really is no way to think otherwise...

Nothing at all about guest satisfaction. Yes, the context was that it was a conference call with analysts about company earnings, but ... yuck.Because Disney no longer cares about guest satisfaction... Not as much as they used to... Rasulo sure don't... It is all about bottom line numbers and value to shareholders, guests come last...

It still cracks me up that they think by implementing FastPass people spend more money when they're not waiting in line. Whether I have a FastPass option or not, I'm not in a gift shop in my spare time. Granted, I may be eating but what I pay for a counter service meal is still less than what they want me to spend on their low quality and generic merchandise.
This was the reasoning for the original FP program: If we let guests get a time to return, and spend no time in the queue, then they will spend more time in the shops buying merchandise... This failed... People were not spending more time in the shops.. of course, the merchandise became generic garbage at the same time...

They think this new system is now the fix it to the broken system... it won't be... Which is why you will eventually see this system become a pay for play type system... Watch, just watch... Magical Disney vacations are going the way of the dodo...

Wayne
05-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Watch, just watch... Magical Disney vacations are going the way of the dodo...

Which is why my family has probably taken its last trip to WDW. I go on vacation to relax not to stress out 6 months in advance where I am going to eat or now, what rides I am going to ride with the hope that the weather will co-operate.

waymickey
05-09-2013, 08:10 PM
all of this makes me sad.:(

CuteAsMinnie
05-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Very :(

The only thing making me happy is it seems very unlikely this mess will be implemented for our July trip.... Our LAST trip with the kids as kids (they are 17 & 20). No idea when we will be back. Will it be with the grandkids one day? A weekend trip during flower/garden? When DS runs in the Disney marathon after collegiate running? Any way we look at it it will be vastly different for us after this summer. I keep praying this trip will go smoothly.

On another note...

Another piece of the puzzle to consider is this....

I think it stands true guests have not been spending $$ on merchandise and such while not waiting in line so, perhaps their main way to make $$ on this is:

WDW has X number of hotel rooms which on most days are booked at or less than 80% - sometimes more, often times a whole lot less. If FastPass+ is only available to Resort guests as a "perk" (and no one knows if this will hold true) that missing 20% is a whole lot of hotel rooms with a whole lot of families in them spending a whole lot more money than THEY otherwise would.

OUR family has always stayed on property and would never visit WDW otherwise, but not everybody does.

I wonder what the percentage of WDW guests stay on property????

Disney wants a bigger piece of the Orlando pie and this may be the way to get it.

You don't stay on site.... They may not give you the FP+ 'perk'

Just some thoughts coming from the NextGen (DS 17)

Ian
05-09-2013, 09:00 PM
This is the one thing the silly suits never seem to grasp ... maybe because they have too much money themselves?

The vast majority of people go on vacation with a fixed budget and that's what they spend. Whether they spend it on rooms, food, souvenirs, or whatever ... the guy who budgets $5,000 for his vacation spends $5,000 for his vacation. He's not going to spend $6,000 just because he's not waiting in a line. You know what he's going to do? Go ride another ride.

Duh. :doh:

DizneyFreak2002
05-09-2013, 09:57 PM
This is the one thing the silly suits never seem to grasp ... maybe because they have too much money themselves?

The vast majority of people go on vacation with a fixed budget and that's what they spend. Whether they spend it on rooms, food, souvenirs, or whatever ... the guy who budgets $5,000 for his vacation spends $5,000 for his vacation. He's not going to spend $6,000 just because he's not waiting in a line. You know what he's going to do? Go ride another ride.

Duh. :doh:

You are 1000% right... The problem Disney sees with this though is half of that $5000 (maybe more than half) is now going to Universal (thanks to Potter)... Disney wants all of that $5000... Now, they figured out a way to sucker rubes out of that $5000 and more...

Aurora
05-09-2013, 11:49 PM
There were people on another board better in numbers than I am who ran numbers based on what we know (17 million people a year, 47000 a day, 3 FP per person) and came up with an increase in standby lines of 30 minutes or more (more for the popular attractions)... Could they be wrong? Sure, I guess they could be... But, would Disney be building interactive queues if your wait time on rides which should be walk on were going to drop? Nope... Everything they are doing points to increases in standby wait times...

If you don't book your FP+ time, then you will stand in stand by.. if guests are turned off by this and do not book, then they will go to the stand by line, thus increasing the wait time.. If more than half the guests use this, then stand by lines increase on rides which would be walk through... There really is no way to think otherwise...

They can run the numbers any way they want to -- that's my point. The only way to know for sure is to have all the data about how people use FP now and how people will use it in the future based on Disney's restrictions, which aren't even written in stone yet and haven't been tested. Simply multiplying numbers of guests x FPs held (even if you're assuming 3 per person) is not going to tell you anything. There are just too many assumptions.

For example, take Splash Mountain. If the same number of FPs are given out as now and they're all taken, the only way the standby lines would increase is if there are more TOTAL people wanting to ride the attraction, and that's a function of guest attendance, not FP.

Standby lines could also increase if more FPs are allocated for any given attraction (but I haven't read or seen anything that would imply this) OR if all the FPs for an attraction that currently exhausts its allotment are NOT used up for the day (because people can only have 3, for example, and don't pick this one, moving their waiting spot to standby instead).

All I'm saying is that there are a lot of "ifs" about how it's implemented and guest behavior, not just how many FPs will be given per guest. We really have to wait and see.

c&d
05-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Maybe I missed this, but if you can book 60 days out, what happens if all the FP's are gone when I go to book? I can see that happening when it's super busy.

I love going to WDW but it's becoming work to go, I have to make dining reservations 6 months out, and now I have to know what rides I want to do 2 months out. Take me back to the days when I could go eat at a restaurant without a reservation a million days before, and yes even the waits. It just put everyone on a level playing field. :soapbox:

Ian
05-10-2013, 09:27 AM
It really boggles my mind that they think this is the way to combat the rise of Universal.

It's about kindergarten level logic to go, "Universal opens new Harry Potter section. Universal begins kicking our tail. We open new, uber-cool rides and attractions. We go back to kicking Universal's tail."

Instead oh no ... we'll over-complicate our vacations so much that people will be too confused to leave property! By the time they've finally navigated the maze of our mind-boggling admission options, dining reservation system, and advance ride/parade/fireworks/character meet-and-greet scheduling their vacation will be over, we'll have all their cash, and they'll be on their way home broke!

Turble. :ack:

DizneyFreak2002
05-10-2013, 10:02 AM
It really boggles my mind that they think this is the way to combat the rise of Universal.

It's about kindergarten level logic to go, "Universal opens new Harry Potter section. Universal begins kicking our tail. We open new, uber-cool rides and attractions. We go back to kicking Universal's tail."

Instead oh no ... we'll over-complicate our vacations so much that people will be too confused to leave property! By the time they've finally navigated the maze of our mind-boggling admission options, dining reservation system, and advance ride/parade/fireworks/character meet-and-greet scheduling their vacation will be over, we'll have all their cash, and they'll be on their way home broke!

Turble. :ack:

Hit the nail on the head again... Who needs new attractions in WDW? Just put them under MouseArrest (complete with MouseArrest wrist bands!!!)...

MizMissy
05-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Hit the nail on the head again... Who needs new attractions in WDW? Just put them under MouseArrest (complete with MouseArrest wrist bands!!!)...

I'm really hoping that is just your name for the wrist bands ... I mean, WDW marketing can't have fallen that far off the deep end???

cer
05-10-2013, 10:56 AM
This whole thing is making me weary.

This part is not about the fast passes, but still confusing to me.

Like now, I just purchased annual passes for my husband and myself. In June, when we turn in our vouchers we will get the RFID cards (I think). My children will have Magic Your Way tickets. I am already confused as to if we will be able to enter through the same turnstyles, or will they have to go one direction and we go another? Since everything is not converted to fast pass +, I think the fast pass situation will be ok, but I am not sure. Will the tickets I get for the kids have the RFID chip in them or can their tickets be put on their room card?

Such a mess.

But truly I agree that Universal is looking better and better and I have never even been! It is a real draw to know that major attractions are being announced and coming online within a year. It seems that Disney needs to work on their turn around or releasing information in a way that is more timely.

I am certainly not the authority on any of this, but it is exhausting. There is so little information and so much speculation. :(

DizneyFreak2002
05-10-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm really hoping that is just your name for the wrist bands ... I mean, WDW marketing can't have fallen that far off the deep end???

It is a name used by many in the community spread out over several fan sites... Disney is calling them Magic Bands... As bad as Disney marketing is at times, I don't think they would be that bad... :)

I've even seen some fans refer to these bands as Tragic Bands... I prefer Mouse Arrest...

DizneyFreak2002
05-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Like now, I just purchased annual passes for my husband and myself. In June, when we turn in our vouchers we will get the RFID cards (I think). My children will have Magic Your Way tickets. I am already confused as to if we will be able to enter through the same turnstyles, or will they have to go one direction and we go another? Since everything is not converted to fast pass +, I think the fast pass situation will be ok, but I am not sure. Will the tickets I get for the kids have the RFID chip in them or can their tickets be put on their room card?

I do not believe there will be separate entrances... There are right now because not everyone has RFID tickets yet, there are still paper tickets out there... Soon, the paper tickets will be all gone and everyone will have an RFID chip card (and when live, a Magic Band)... The turnstyles as we know them are gone... Instead, you'll tap your RFID chip card to a stand and do the biometric thing with your finger... As for putting the room key on your tickets, I'd ask Guest Services... I cannot see why that would be an issue...

But truly I agree that Universal is looking better and better and I have never even been! It is a real draw to know that major attractions are being announced and coming online within a year. It seems that Disney needs to work on their turn around or releasing information in a way that is more timely.

Universal Decade... That is all that needs to be said... They are going for it.. They will be a player... I can see IOA and Uni overtaking DHS and DAK, and challenging Epcot in 2 to 3 years...

MizMissy
05-10-2013, 11:05 AM
It is a name used by many in the community spread out over several fan sites... Disney is calling them Magic Bands... As bad as Disney marketing is at times, I don't think they would be that bad... :)

I've even seen some fans refer to these bands as Tragic Bands... I prefer Mouse Arrest...

LOL. It is a marketing disaster already ... just wasn't sure if they had nailed their own coffin shut with the name (although they seem pretty close anyway).

Ian
05-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Like now, I just purchased annual passes for my husband and myself. In June, when we turn in our vouchers we will get the RFID cards (I think). My children will have Magic Your Way tickets. I am already confused as to if we will be able to enter through the same turnstyles, or will they have to go one direction and we go another?All new tickets will have the RFID embedded, so you'll all be able to use the RFID enabled entrances.

cer
05-10-2013, 01:14 PM
All new tickets will have the RFID embedded, so you'll all be able to use the RFID enabled entrances.

So, in our circumstance, would you all recommend that I purchase the kiddos tix at the park when we arrive? I know we could save by going through a ticket place, but would it be more of a headache to pre-purchase them ? Basically, are they even converting pre-purchased paper tix to rfid tix?

(We have always done the vacation pkgs, so this is kind of new for us.)

MOJoe
05-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Here's my take on all this, for what it's worth.

If the old FP system was designed to keep people from standing in line so they would be free to buy more, drink more and eat more, then from my experience it has been an overwhelming success. I love the current system, because it works. I rarely stand in line, giving me extra time to go back to my resort and have a drink, or park hop or eat, or play mini golf, or do any number of things that add to Disney's bottom line. So why the change?

I do not believe the new system is fixing an old system that wasn't working. Instead, the new system is being designed to enhance revenue even further. The boardroom conversation probably went like this..."We have these pieces of paper we dispense in the parks that are literally worth their weight in gold! How can we use them to make more money? Charge extra for them? Well maybe not right away. But we should definitely control them, limiting access, and use them as resort guest perks. We have to get away from the current system where anyone can get one, because only by controlling access can we continue to add to the bottom line."

In my opinion, all that stuff about people staying in the parks because they have pre-planned their vacation, is smoke. Disney is not going to come right out and say this is all about controlling access to Fastpasses in order to make more money. But clearly that is the direction the Next Gen stuff is taking.

Butters
05-10-2013, 03:57 PM
i've read this thread, and tried to follow every other thread out there on this. And I'm completely lost on how this will affect my Sept trip.

My wife and I both have AP's we will be using, we are going with other family members who will be buying 9 day Park Hopper passes. If we convert our AP's to the new passes with the chip, or a magic band would we be forced onto Fastpass+ and not be able to use the old Fastpass and get passes to ride with our family that will be staying in the same villa as us?

Ian
05-10-2013, 07:43 PM
So, in our circumstance, would you all recommend that I purchase the kiddos tix at the park when we arrive? I know we could save by going through a ticket place, but would it be more of a headache to pre-purchase them ? Basically, are they even converting pre-purchased paper tix to rfid tix?

(We have always done the vacation pkgs, so this is kind of new for us.)I think (although I'm not 100% certain) that if you buy from a vendor like INTERCOT sponsor The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/default.aspx?affid=TC21LBC) you just get a voucher that you exchange for a regular theme park ticket when you arrive. I don't think that will affect you RFID/not RFID.

My wife and I both have AP's we will be using, we are going with other family members who will be buying 9 day Park Hopper passes. If we convert our AP's to the new passes with the chip, or a magic band would we be forced onto Fastpass+ and not be able to use the old Fastpass and get passes to ride with our family that will be staying in the same villa as us?Honestly, due to the complete and total lack of information from Disney, I really have no idea how to answer this. I truly don't know.

DizneyFreak2002
05-10-2013, 08:46 PM
My wife and I both have AP's we will be using, we are going with other family members who will be buying 9 day Park Hopper passes. If we convert our AP's to the new passes with the chip, or a magic band would we be forced onto Fastpass+ and not be able to use the old Fastpass and get passes to ride with our family that will be staying in the same villa as us?

Like Ian said, Disney has been so noncommittal with any information, a lot of things are still unknown.. However, if you go to the My Disney Experience app/website, I think things are stated in the ToS...

For some reason I cannot copy/paste... But, here is what is says, word for word:

You can make and modify FastPass+ selections for yourself, your Managed Friends, and your Connected FriendsDid you join My Disney Experience yet? Once you do, you can add friends to your reservation... You can then, if I understand this correctly, book FastPass+ for those friends... The downside is, those friends can also log in and cancel and change reservations because, I believe, you have to invite them to be part of your itinerary... Which you may have to do in order to book FP+ for them...

They also state this:

You are required to convert your paper tickets and passes in order to make and use FastPass + selections. Once you convert a ticket or pass you will no longer be able to participate in the standard FASTPASS service upon arrival at the parks.So, once you convert to the RFID card, you can not use Fastpass anymore...

PirateLover
05-10-2013, 10:21 PM
I think (although I'm not 100% certain) that if you buy from a vendor like INTERCOT sponsor The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/default.aspx?affid=TC21LBC) you just get a voucher that you exchange for a regular theme park ticket when you arrive. I don't think that will affect you RFID/not RFID.

If you order through Official Ticket Center, you get a regular paper ticket that you can go right into the parks with. This may change in the future, but we just ordered tickets last month and received traditional tickets.

FLKatie912
05-13-2013, 12:12 AM
They can run the numbers any way they want to -- that's my point. The only way to know for sure is to have all the data about how people use FP now and how people will use it in the future based on Disney's restrictions, which aren't even written in stone yet and haven't been tested. Simply multiplying numbers of guests x FPs held (even if you're assuming 3 per person) is not going to tell you anything. There are just too many assumptions.

For example, take Splash Mountain. If the same number of FPs are given out as now and they're all taken, the only way the standby lines would increase is if there are more TOTAL people wanting to ride the attraction, and that's a function of guest attendance, not FP.

Standby lines could also increase if more FPs are allocated for any given attraction (but I haven't read or seen anything that would imply this) OR if all the FPs for an attraction that currently exhausts its allotment are NOT used up for the day (because people can only have 3, for example, and don't pick this one, moving their waiting spot to standby instead).

All I'm saying is that there are a lot of "ifs" about how it's implemented and guest behavior, not just how many FPs will be given per guest. We really have to wait and see.

I am totally in agreement about the "wait and see". I understand the confusion and the frustration, and I don't agree with all of the Disney Company's decisions, but I believe that this will work itself out and we may offer us a different way to enjoy the parks. :mickey:

FLKatie912
05-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Maybe I missed this, but if you can book 60 days out, what happens if all the FP's are gone when I go to book? I can see that happening when it's super busy.

I love going to WDW but it's becoming work to go, I have to make dining reservations 6 months out, and now I have to know what rides I want to do 2 months out. Take me back to the days when I could go eat at a restaurant without a reservation a million days before, and yes even the waits. It just put everyone on a level playing field. :soapbox:

I don't think the FP's are going to be gone like people think they will be. You have to think about the amount of people that get FP during a given day currently. Those aren't all resorts guests, they also include day guests, school groups, passholders and CMs also. Day Guests will not have the opportunity to book ahead of time. In addition, with booking earlier, allows you to pick your time, which means there will be less FP's that go unused like with the current system.

FLKatie912
05-13-2013, 12:18 AM
This whole thing is making me weary.

This part is not about the fast passes, but still confusing to me.

Such a mess.

I am certainly not the authority on any of this, but it is exhausting. There is so little information and so much speculation. :(

Are your children's tickets pre-purchased with your travel package or did you buy them from a third party? If they are from the WDW Travel Co, they will automatically be on your children's room keys and those will have the RFID in them and you will proceed through the same turnstyles.

FLKatie912
05-13-2013, 12:21 AM
Like Ian said, Disney has been so noncommittal with any information, a lot of things are still unknown.. However, if you go to the My Disney Experience app/website, I think things are stated in the ToS...

For some reason I cannot copy/paste... But, here is what is says, word for word:

Did you join My Disney Experience yet? Once you do, you can add friends to your reservation... You can then, if I understand this correctly, book FastPass+ for those friends... The downside is, those friends can also log in and cancel and change reservations because, I believe, you have to invite them to be part of your itinerary... Which you may have to do in order to book FP+ for them...

They also state this:

So, once you convert to the RFID card, you can not use Fastpass anymore...

Right now the current KTTW cards are RFID and they regular FP system still works, including for those AP holders that have converted to their new tickets as well.

Ian
05-13-2013, 08:10 AM
So, once you convert to the RFID card, you can not use Fastpass anymore...This is definitely not right. We have RFID annual passes and they worked fine in the existing FP machines.

cer
05-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Are your children's tickets pre-purchased with your travel package or did you buy them from a third party? If they are from the WDW Travel Co, they will automatically be on your children's room keys and those will have the RFID in them and you will proceed through the same turnstyles.

We are purchasing everything separately this time. (No vacation package.)

KylesMom
05-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Am I the only one whose head hurts just trying to understand the basics of this new system?!!! Whatever happened to the premise of KISS?!

DizneyFreak2002
05-13-2013, 05:48 PM
Right now the current KTTW cards are RFID and they regular FP system still works, including for those AP holders that have converted to their new tickets as well.

This is definitely not right. We have RFID annual passes and they worked fine in the existing FP machines.

Disney's own words:

You are required to convert your paper tickets and passes in order to make and use FastPass + selections. Once you convert a ticket or pass you will no longer be able to participate in the standard FASTPASS service upon arrival at the parks.

I think it is obvious this goes into effect once FP+ comes online... Since FP+ is not active yet, obviously the current FP will be used with RFID...

Butters
05-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips ... At least I don't feel alone in not having a clue in how to plan a trip now... Amazing how Disney managed to confuse the heck out of all of their most knowledgable and frequent customers so they can't even plan a trip anymore... Let alone for newbies...

Gregandmel
05-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Dear Lord....I am still confused even after trying to understand it all. Had it down to a SCIENCE with the old way our past 2 trips. Nervous to even book another one in the next 12 months due to not understanding all of this. So...what is with the 3 FP's you get (or can "reserve" on line?) Is that ALL you can get for the day? Or just "pre-reserve?"

When we have gone in the past, we probably made use of 6-8 FP's the whole day (always tried to have one in hand) but with the FAst Pass +... you can only get 3? For the whole day? Is the "old way" completely obsolete (or will be?). I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in all these threads, but I find myself starting to glaze over stuff. Thanks for any insight on what is "right" right now. :mickey:

FLKatie912
05-16-2013, 07:11 AM
Dear Lord....I am still confused even after trying to understand it all. Had it down to a SCIENCE with the old way our past 2 trips. Nervous to even book another one in the next 12 months due to not understanding all of this. So...what is with the 3 FP's you get (or can "reserve" on line?) Is that ALL you can get for the day? Or just "pre-reserve?"

When we have gone in the past, we probably made use of 6-8 FP's the whole day (always tried to have one in hand) but with the FAst Pass +... you can only get 3? For the whole day? Is the "old way" completely obsolete (or will be?). I'm sure this has been answered somewhere in all these threads, but I find myself starting to glaze over stuff. Thanks for any insight on what is "right" right now. :mickey:

Right now, everything is exactly the same. FastPass+ hasn't rolled out yet and who knows when it will. :mickey:

Gregandmel
05-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Well I realize that things haven't completely rolled out yet and it might still be a while, but based on some of the possibilities on how this would work, I'm just still confused. It would be nice to have some FP's already "pre-resevered" for some times throughout a part of the day - I just don't know how it relates to getting additional FP's, or if you are limited to ONLY the 3 or 4 you would initially get. If they end up doing away (at some point) with the FP machines entirely, I guess that ends up being my question.

DizneyFreak2002
05-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Well I realize that things haven't completely rolled out yet and it might still be a while, but based on some of the possibilities on how this would work, I'm just still confused. It would be nice to have some FP's already "pre-resevered" for some times throughout a part of the day - I just don't know how it relates to getting additional FP's, or if you are limited to ONLY the 3 or 4 you would initially get. If they end up doing away (at some point) with the FP machines entirely, I guess that ends up being my question.

Disney has stated on the TOS that you would be able to book 3 rides using FP+... The TOS page also states that, once FP+ is live, and you use FP+, and you have your paper ticket converted to RFID card, you'll no longer be able to use the current FP system...

As of now, nothing has changed other than you no longer have a paper ticket... You will have a RFID card... The RFID card allows you to use the current FP system as it is... Once FP+ comes online that will change...

When FP+ goes live is anyone's guess... testing hasn't gone as well as they had hoped, leading to blowing past the $1 billion budget...

Like everything else, this is something people will have to get used to... It just feels like too much of a chore, and really, it is... Disney vacations should be fun, magical, and easy, not a second job... Then again, with the way the prices are going out of control, you'll need a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th job just to afford to visit the parks...

Boost
05-19-2013, 08:57 PM
This whole thing sounds incredibly complicated and from what others have posted on here, this is going to have the unfortunate effect of turning away loyal guests.

We are a family of five and we are Florida Annual Passholders. If Disney will no longer be providing Fast Passes to those not staying on property, WE WILL NOT RENEW our annual passes.

Does anyone know if they have decided whether or not to shut out those not staying on property?

Aurora
05-20-2013, 03:07 PM
This whole thing sounds incredibly complicated and from what others have posted on here, this is going to have the unfortunate effect of turning away loyal guests.

We are a family of five and we are Florida Annual Passholders. If Disney will no longer be providing Fast Passes to those not staying on property, WE WILL NOT RENEW our annual passes.

Does anyone know if they have decided whether or not to shut out those not staying on property?

Under Disney FastPass+ Service in the Terms and Conditions of My Disney Experience:

"To make a FastPass+ selection for yourself or your Friends, you must either retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account." (Meaning the My Disney Experience account.)

"Magic Your Way ticket holders and annual passholders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets."

princessgirls
05-21-2013, 12:15 PM
This scheduling everything now including ride times has sucked all the fun out of the vacation.
Don't they think people will be turned off by this???
They have a good product already, why ruin it?
Seriously????

Maybe six flags has the right idea, just pay extra and you can be at the front of the line always. There are 3 tiers of pricing.

Julie:mickey:

joonyer
05-21-2013, 12:43 PM
. . . .
Maybe six flags has the right idea, just pay extra and you can be at the front of the line always. There are 3 tiers of pricing.

I fear that's exactly where the Disney Parks are headed in the long run.

DizneyFreak2002
05-21-2013, 02:12 PM
This scheduling everything now including ride times has sucked all the fun out of the vacation.
Don't they think people will be turned off by this???
They have a good product already, why ruin it?
Seriously????

TDO's M.O. is "if it is broke, don't fix it, and if it isn't broke, then break it"...

Boost
05-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Everything is pointing in the direction of us not being a Disney family anymore...and that is unfortunate.

Boost
05-21-2013, 08:42 PM
What if we just hold onto our old passes until we absoutely have to change over?? Will we still be able to use the old FastPass system?

Boost
05-21-2013, 09:13 PM
OK, I just called the main WDW resort number and asked for clarification on all of this madness. The cast member listened to what I was asking and then asked if she could put me on hold. I said yes, and stayed on hold for about fifteen minutes.

When she got back on the phone with me, she said that they are STILL IN THE TESTING PHASES for all of this garbage and that the information that they have at this point for usage of both the RFID cards and/or the RFID bracelets both indicate that AP guests may still obtain Fastpasses on the day of admission in any given park, including multiple parks when going from one park to another.

"Nothing has been set in stone" and she said "don't pay any attention to any discussions about having to reserve 60 days in advance."

I asked the lady who assisted me to communicate up her ladder to anyone in any decision making authority to advise them that making decisions to exclude locals from Fastpass access if they are not staying on WDW property is not a wise marketing direction for the company. She said that she would do so. I plan also to send an email on this matter.

I will reiterate that we are seriously considering just not renewing in November.

The trouble's not worth the trouble.

FLKatie912
05-22-2013, 09:20 AM
OK, I just called the main WDW resort number and asked for clarification on all of this madness. The cast member listened to what I was asking and then asked if she could put me on hold. I said yes, and stayed on hold for about fifteen minutes.

When she got back on the phone with me, she said that they are STILL IN THE TESTING PHASES for all of this garbage and that the information that they have at this point for usage of both the RFID cards and/or the RFID bracelets both indicate that AP guests may still obtain Fastpasses on the day of admission in any given park, including multiple parks when going from one park to another.

"Nothing has been set in stone" and she said "don't pay any attention to any discussions about having to reserve 60 days in advance."

I asked the lady who assisted me to communicate up her ladder to anyone in any decision making authority to advise them that making decisions to exclude locals from Fastpass access if they are not staying on WDW property is not a wise marketing direction for the company. She said that she would do so. I plan also to send an email on this matter.

I will reiterate that we are seriously considering just not renewing in November.

The trouble's not worth the trouble.

First of all, unfortunately, you cannot rely on that resort line to give consistent information. They are removed from the park and some are even in Tampa and they only know what they are told and are in a call center away from the "real world" of Disney vacationing.

Second, Official word being told to my CM friends from WDW Leadership, as this has been a hot topic for them as well, since CMs spend much free time in the parks, is that resort guests will be able to reserve first 60 days in advance, but CMs and APs will be able to reserve 10-15 days in advance. The people that should be frustrated are day Guests that by their One Day Pass the day of. Though, I really do think that attractions will not run out by the day of because so many people won't know to do this process or won't want to.

Boost
05-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Katie,

Thank you for the info and clarification! I guess there really is no choice other than to just wait and see how this all shakes out.

I agree with those of the opinion that, at first glance, this sounds more complicated than just taking the existing paper tickets to a Fastpass kiosk.

I suppose that if this does work out in the end and if it alleviates the problem of having to break the land speed record to Toy Story Mania in the morning and/or Soarin', etc., then it may work out to be beneficial.

justice11
05-23-2013, 01:25 PM
What about people like me who do not have a smart phone and am not about to carry my kindle fire around just for fast passes.:confused:

PopPhan
05-23-2013, 01:54 PM
What about people like me who do not have a smart phone and am not about to carry my kindle fire around just for fast passes.:confused:

Guess you'll just have to wait in the Stand-By queues.... :(

I think there is a lot to be worked out on this system before it can be fully implemented.

Aurora
05-23-2013, 02:05 PM

You know, one thing I hadn't thought of is the number of people who will now be encouraged to look down at their smart device while walking around the parks just to check wait times, FPs or restaurant ressies. Ugh. It's hard enough to navigate around people now who are looking down while walking or stopping dead in their tracks to check their phones.

I'm suddenly reminded of the scene in Wall-E where people are riding vehicles just looking at screens, not even noticing that there's a swimming pool on their ship. :stop:

DizneyFreak2002
05-23-2013, 10:45 PM
You know, one thing I hadn't thought of is the number of people who will now be encouraged to look down at their smart device while walking around the parks just to check wait times, FPs or restaurant ressies. Ugh. It's hard enough to navigate around people now who are looking down while walking or stopping dead in their tracks to check their phones.

I'm suddenly reminded of the scene in Wall-E where people are riding vehicles just looking at screens, not even noticing that there's a swimming pool on their ship. :stop:

You know, I mentioned this before, and was basically laughed at by the defenders of the rat, I mean mouse... This will become a problem, mark my words...

And as for those without smartphones, rumor is (I say rumor because no one knows for sure) Disney will have a device for you to rent... yes, rent... hey they need to recover the $2 billion for this mess somehow... :)

BuffaloJason
06-26-2013, 11:47 AM
So much borrowing worries from the future on this thread. Everyone acknowledges that we don't know how this is going to work or what impacts it will have. I don't get why so many are choosing to assume that it will ruin the whole WDW experience. The fact that you don't yet know what the plan is doesn't mean they can't possibly develop a system that will work out well.

Clearly is being very cautious and patient will the role-out process. Doesn't seem like the same can be said for the fan community at all.

AndrewJackson
06-26-2013, 12:46 PM
So much borrowing worries from the future on this thread. Everyone acknowledges that we don't know how this is going to work or what impacts it will have. I don't get why so many are choosing to assume that it will ruin the whole WDW experience. The fact that you don't yet know what the plan is doesn't mean they can't possibly develop a system that will work out well.

Clearly is being very cautious and patient will the role-out process. Doesn't seem like the same can be said for the fan community at all.

:thumbsup: Amen, brother!

Mrs Bus Driver
06-26-2013, 01:26 PM
:thumbsup: Amen, brother!

Ditto :thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
06-26-2013, 07:00 PM

Well let's see... it takes away a spontaneous vacation... Um, it will increase stand by wait times DRAMATICALLY... Um, hmmm it makes booking a stress free and fun vacation STRESSFUL and LESS FUN and NO WAY MAGICAL... Oh, let's toss this on out there... Did you know that there will be FP+ only experiences that, unless you get the FP+ for it, you WON'T be able to experience said, um experience??? I know for a fact there is a meet and greet being designed (maybe already getting built, but not sure, cannot confirm) where only guests who book it through FP+ can experience this meet and greet.... All others? Nah... Now, hmmm, I thought WDW was about all guests being treated as equals once you pass through the gates??? Guess that goes out the window...

Sorry Lisa, you cannot meet Minnie Mouse cause we booked FP+ for Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride and Rock N Roller Coaster, and we had to stand in a 2 hour stand by line for TSMM... So, nope.. Sorry, no magic for you!!!

Mrs Bus Driver
06-27-2013, 08:22 AM
The more I find out the more I agree with DisneyFreak. Don't want to be a downer but the more I hear about the fp part of nexgen the less I like it. I like the idea of doing cs and other things with my phone, very nice at least for me. But yeah no more everyone is equal at the parks. I do think this will hurt them in the end, money wise which is the only thing they will understand but it will be a long time coming.

waymickey
06-27-2013, 09:32 AM
I said it before and I will say it again. I don't like this idea not one bit. :mad:

BuffaloJason
06-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Well let's see... it takes away a spontaneous vacation... Um, it will increase stand by wait times DRAMATICALLY... Um, hmmm it makes booking a stress free and fun vacation STRESSFUL and LESS FUN and NO WAY MAGICAL... Oh, let's toss this on out there... Did you know that there will be FP+ only experiences that, unless you get the FP+ for it, you WON'T be able to experience said, um experience??? I know for a fact there is a meet and greet being designed (maybe already getting built, but not sure, cannot confirm) where only guests who book it through FP+ can experience this meet and greet.... All others? Nah... Now, hmmm, I thought WDW was about all guests being treated as equals once you pass through the gates??? Guess that goes out the window...

Sorry Lisa, you cannot meet Minnie Mouse cause we booked FP+ for Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride and Rock N Roller Coaster, and we had to stand in a 2 hour stand by line for TSMM... So, nope.. Sorry, no magic for you!!!

Thanks for the response. I'm interested in understanding other perspectives. I personally don't understand why one would choose to assume loss of spontaneity, increased standby wait times, etc. are the inevitable result of having the option to book fastpasses in advance. Doesn't that all really depend on what percentage of each rides capacity Disney chooses to allocate for FP+ advance bookings. It seems to me like they'd be able to "tune" that for whatever leads to guest spending as little time in line as possible. Yes, of course at least one of their motivations for minimizing your time in line is so you'll spend more time doing things that cost money. They're a publicly traded corporation with an obligation to maximize their profitability so I can't really hold that against them. Fortunately, minimizing time spent in lines is also consistent with improving my guest experience. WIN-WIN as Steven Covey would say. I'd also like to spend less time running to attractions so I can get fastpasses to ride them later. Having the ability to do that from my phone or even from home also seems like a major improvement. Again, I'm just not feeling the doom and gloom on this one, but I still seem to be in the minority (or are we perhaps just a relatively silent majority).

Anyway, cheers. I truly hope this all turns out to be better than you expect. It would certainly be a shame if Disney ends up alienating fans as enthusiastic about their product as you and the others on this forum.

:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Anyway, cheers. I truly hope this all turns out to be better than you expect. It would certainly be a shame if Disney ends up alienating fans as enthusiastic about their product as you and the others on this forum.

:mickey:

I'm already alienated... They lost me... They have to EARN my business back.. But Disney is to ego driven.. They don't feel they have to earn anything... They EXPECT you to just bow down and accept their garbage... Sadly, too many are willing to just accept their mediocrity... Universal lost me before but now, they won me over... Why? They are doing what they have to do to EARN it... That is why I am waiting for D23 to see what Disney has planned for WDW... To me, this year's D23 is make it or break it..

I said it here before, I would love to come back here in a year or two and eat crow... I just don't think I have to worry about that... There is nothing that I read or hear about that will make me change my mind... And it isn't even the bands,. which I don't like either... But I can live with the bands.. That isn't my issue...

I say loss of spontaneity because there will be... This new system will reward those obsessive compulsive planners, not the people who decide last minute to take a trip.. You will need to book the popular rides 60 days in advance... if you don't, you will be shut out... Just like the ADRs... Book the popular places first thing in the morning at 180 days or explain to Little Sally why she cannot dine with Cinderella... It really does make booking a WDW vacation much more of a chore...

What is wrong with the system currently in place? Nothing... At least EVERYONE who steps into the park (the obsessed planners and the spontaneous/local visitor) will have access to the same FP for the same rides as everyone else... What is going to happen if, say, you decide to book a trip to WDW 3 weeks out, compared to 6 months to a year? And you go to book FP+ for TSMM, and lo and behold, they are sold out? You turn to a FP+ for ToT.. Ooops, sold out... Rock N Roller Coaster? Gone too.. What's left? Well, maybe you can get a FP for Indiana Jones Stunt Show (which is a waste since you don't need one), Star Tours (again, not needed) and a meet and greet... Does that sound magical to you? In order to secure a TSMM FP+, you will need to know 2 months out that you are going to be in DHS at this time on this day... Yea, you can stand in the stand by line, but you'll be waiting longer than 2 hours now... Magical? I agree with you that it stinks you have to run around the park to get a FP now... The easy answer and fix would have been a centralized FP machine/kiosks so people didn't have to run from Splash to Space and back again... Blame Disney for that... Oh, the new system? Will have centralized kiosks... Something they should have thought about for this current system, those idiots LOL... May have to say good bye to Sid's One of a Kind Shop in DHS for that park's centralized kiosk location...

I hope I am not coming off sarcastic.. I truly don't mean to... The examples I am giving above is exactly what will wind up happening... The casual first time visitor may think this is great... Until they miss their 60 day mark... And now they cannot get any FP+ for any major rides... Imagine the complaints? People complain now about the FP system, and they CAN get one.. What are they going to do when they can't and are forced to wait 1 hour for Pirates, when the stand by would only be 10 minutes? Or instead of walking onto Haunted Mansion, you'll be waiting 45 minutes in that awful noisy queue... Everything is pointing to this being a major disaster...

waymickey
06-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Disney cruise line here I come! Crowds are limited to the number of rooms and no FP+ needed. The ocean view is the same for everyone all you need to do is head to the top deck. Restaurant reservations are made automatically and it is always all you can eat. Low stress High Fun! Just embark onto the ship and let Disney do all the rest. Magic oozes out of every porthole. And I don't wake up 180 days before my cruise in a cold sweat. If they change the cruise line I will hang up my ears!
:(

bxrluv
06-27-2013, 10:16 PM
:confused:I have been checking the boards again as I always start doing several months out before our next trip. This is the first that I noticed this issue. I absolutely love the planning stage of vacation especially to WDW but this seems more like work without the fun :ack:

This will be only our second trip during peak time due to my second daughter coming with the Marching Band.
There is no way any group of kids deciding to venture out for the day is going to be able to have a FP with this system. How do you get several teens to decide and stick with a plan 60 days in advance? They usually split up into groups less than 6 but, of course, that group could and will change. They are already rushed enough by their chaperones/leaders trying to cram too much into short period of time.
I feel bad for this daughter. At least the rest of us will be able to attempt to use this system.
The only positive I see from this is not standing behind representatives from a Brazilian tour group of 60 people who are taking up all the FP machines!

DizneyFreak2002
06-27-2013, 10:38 PM
Disney cruise line here I come! Crowds are limited to the number of rooms and no FP+ needed. The ocean view is the same for everyone all you need to do is head to the top deck. Restaurant reservations are made automatically and it is always all you can eat. Low stress High Fun! Just embark onto the ship and let Disney do all the rest. Magic oozes out of every porthole. And I don't wake up 180 days before my cruise in a cold sweat. If they change the cruise line I will hang up my ears!
:(

Wait until you need a FP+ to board the ship.. BOOK 60 DAYS IN ADVANCE TO MAKE SURE YOU GET ON THE SHIP FIRST.. ok, no, they won't do that.. Maybe they will just make you buy FP+ to book cruise experiences LOL... :)

**joking and in jest of course...

DizneyFreak2002
06-27-2013, 10:41 PM
:confused:I have been checking the boards again as I always start doing several months out before our next trip. This is the first that I noticed this issue. I absolutely love the planning stage of vacation especially to WDW but this seems more like work without the fun :ack:

This will be only our second trip during peak time due to my second daughter coming with the Marching Band.
There is no way any group of kids deciding to venture out for the day is going to be able to have a FP with this system. How do you get several teens to decide and stick with a plan 60 days in advance? They usually split up into groups less than 6 but, of course, that group could and will change. They are already rushed enough by their chaperones/leaders trying to cram too much into short period of time.
I feel bad for this daughter. At least the rest of us will be able to attempt to use this system.
The only positive I see from this is not standing behind representatives from a Brazilian tour group of 60 people who are taking up all the FP machines!

I give Disney garbage, but at the same time I have to say, i don't think they are that daft as to not think about tour groups like this, and how FP+ will affect them... I'm sure they have something planned for situations such as you described... But, the question you have to ask is, how much MORE will this mess with people when tour groups wind up factored into the equation.. Right now, we are only factoring in regular guests, not tour groups, and already we see a disaster in the making...

Cheshire_Girl
07-06-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm so confused... I read through this entire thread and no one is talking about what this mean for AP holders once FP + is on line. Are we forever stuck in standby? Are we going to be allowed so many per month that we "schedule" on line? Is there going to be an allotment of FP's fir APH's so we actually have a chance at getting any? No local AP is going to schedule their FP 6months in advance and if we don't have an alotment just for us we will never be able to get any good ones
Seems like Disney doesn't want Florida Pass Holders to visit the parks regularly anymore
I haven't been to Universl in 12 years. My Ap is up in October. I will going to Universal so I can decide where my fun money goes for next yr... I'm really feeling like it won't be Disney

Bethis26fan
07-09-2013, 03:17 PM
Between this, the new mug & adr's my vacation is becoming more work than my actual job.

I'm think this maybe my last Disney trip for sometime. It's just more stress & not as much fun as it once was. I like to think of Disney as a happy place but right now all I am seeing is stress level going up.

bxrluv
08-23-2013, 09:17 PM
I give Disney garbage, but at the same time I have to say, i don't think they are that daft as to not think about tour groups like this, and how FP+ will affect them... I'm sure they have something planned for situations such as you described... But, the question you have to ask is, how much MORE will this mess with people when tour groups wind up factored into the equation.. Right now, we are only factoring in regular guests, not tour groups, and already we see a disaster in the making...

I really hope they figured this in! :crowd:

DizneyFreak2002
08-23-2013, 10:25 PM
I really hope they figured this in! :crowd:
Honestly, groups are the one thing I never read about or hear about discussed with this new system... Someone mentioned one time that groups would not be included... But then all went silent on that front...

GoBlueLacheta
09-11-2013, 12:25 PM
If it was really about getting people to stay on property, why not just do what Universal does with their EXpress line?

It will take some time for Disney to be fiscally hurt by this. People still go in droves. I do think you'll find more people spreading their time all over Orlando or other parts of Florida rather than going to Disney exclusively for a week.

People are going to plan 3 day trips and then relax somewhere rather than have to WORK to essentially plan a vacation. Handing out excel spreadsheets to their children with Itineraries that rival the busiest work schedule.

Maybe there will be a Shock option on the Disney Cuffs to alert you when you forgot about a FP, ADR, or that you were due in the Dole Whip line 20 minutes ago.

Opus X
09-11-2013, 04:13 PM
We always stay at WDW one week and buy 6 day myw base w/no park hopper.
I have each day planned accordingly...say...day one A.k. day two M.K. and so on...those days do not change. I pick them by using a web site that shows historical attendance averages...and to this day...it works perfectly.
If F.P.+ turns out to let me pick up to 3 or more fast pass. by staying at a Deluxe or Mod resort...then GREAT.:thumbsup:
Planning for WDW is easy..and planning a Fast Pass is even easier..I think it will be nice to know on each day..when you can have a F.P. for a given attraction...and, Add even more while you are there...(no one knows exactly how it will work)
But, As for F.P. choosing in advance....I WISH THAT WAS AVAILABLE IN 1985!!! I remember going for my 15th birthday....2 hour wait for any major attraction.:ill: Well, not all but the main ones..I look forward to F.P.+ I also look forward the the BEST value in a vacation destination....WDW and our next trip in 2015.
Vegas is a close second...but no kiddos allowed on that getaway!!:thumbsup:
But this response if to those who think planning is stressful or work...I mean, what do you do for a living...?
Disney planning is extremely easy and picking a ride or a time of day to ride..is like pushing the "easy" button. No different than ADR's..Never an issue there..pick a day, pick a restaurant...pick a time and eat. The further out..the better time.
One little caveat...We goto WDW in early May, Honestly...F.P. isnt really needed much then.
I mean, 20 min was maximum wait time...except for Peter Pan and Toy Story Mania.
Those ALL had MINIMAL lines close to closing. So, thats when we did them.
But...as for picking a fast pass in advance...Oh, that will be nice.