PDA

View Full Version : RFID Question

birdsell
05-08-2013, 02:47 PM
If we have 5 day tickets and are staying off site, can we still get RFID bands or are we going to have to be content with the paper tickets?

PopPhan
05-08-2013, 03:33 PM
If you already have the tickets in hand, that is what you will be using.

The RFID bands are not in complete roll-out yet. Those who are getting them are staying on property......

eandrsmom
05-08-2013, 08:41 PM
I will be picking our tickets up from the ticket booth at Disney Quest when we get there in July. Will they be giving us the bands or regular paper tickets? Can we request the bands instead? We will be staying off property.

Tekneek
05-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Once this is officially unveiled, you should be able to choose. In the meantime, Disney gets to choose if you have the option or not.

MickeysBestPal
05-09-2013, 08:18 PM
If we have 5 day tickets and are staying off site, can we still get RFID bands or are we going to have to be content with the paper tickets?

If you already have the tickets in hand, that is what you will be using.

I will be picking our tickets up from the ticket booth at Disney Quest when we get there in July. Will they be giving us the bands or regular paper tickets? Can we request the bands instead? We will be staying off property.

They have stopped issuing "paper" tickets at WDW.
(Except for a very few locations still issuing "paper" Annual Passes.)

All new Magic Your Way tickets are plastic "credit card" size, with an imbedded RFID chip.

These RFID tickets allow access to the RFID entrance gate readers.

Anyone heading to WDW who currently has older "paper" tickets can trade them for new RFID plastic tickets (at no charge) at any ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW.

Anyone heading to WDW between now and May 19 who currently has older AP's can trade them for new RFID plastic AP's (at no charge) at The Odyssey (former) Restaurant between FW and WS in Epcot.

After May 19, anyone heading to who currently has older AP's can can trade them for new RFID plastic AP's (at no charge) at any ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW.

andypooh
05-19-2013, 11:47 AM
I do not really know much about the new RFID stuff disney is doing

We just purchased our plastic park tickets from AAA. I assume that we will be using these to get into the parks?

We are staying at BLT. What will we be using to get into our room and for park purchases?

Thanks

MickeysBestPal
05-19-2013, 05:18 PM
1- We just purchased our plastic park tickets from AAA. I assume that we will be using these to get into the parks?

We are staying at BLT. What will we be using to get into our room and for park purchases?

Thanks

1- I don't know if the tickets you received from AAA are "RFID" or not.

But, it doesn't matter.

2- When you check in at your resort, you will EACH (anyone 3 years of age and over) be issued an RFID key-card for your resort room door. When you check into the resort, offer your AAA tickets to the check-in clerk.
(S)he may put those AAA tickets "onto" your RFID room key-cards at that time.

-OR- (if (s)he won't do it)

Take your room key-cards and your AAA tickets to the resort Concierge Desk and have the concierge combine the tickets and key-cards for you.

You can then use the same RFID key-card for entering your resort room, entering the parks, and (if you choose) to "pay for" items at WDW.

If all else fails (or you just don't want to combine your park tickets and your room keys)
you can take your AAA tickets to any ticket booth or Guest Relations at the parks, TTC or DTD and have the CM check to see if those AAA are already RFID enhanced.
If they are not, that CM can exchange those AAA tickets, free-of-charge, for plastic RFID enhanced tickets.