PDA

View Full Version : Staying off site

disneydementia
05-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Never thought I would use those words, "Staying off site'" but on a strict budget and wondering about reliability of transportation to the parks at hotels that offer it. Any input?:confused:

kakn7294
05-09-2013, 10:29 AM
My parents, in-laws, and sister recently stayed at Best Western Lake Buena Vista. They didn't have any issues with the offered transportation except that there was none to DTD until late afternoon but the hotel was chosen because it was within walking distance of DTD in case there were issues with the buses. In doing much research to find them a place to stay, I found that most places that offer transportation were very limited in the times their buses ran - some only once or twice a day. The best offerings were at the DTD / Hotel Plaza Blvd hotels. We stayed at the Residence Inn SeaWorld which didn't offer Disney buses at all but we had our own buses (with a school group).

magicofdisney
05-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Anytime I stay off-site (which is rare) I've had my own transportation. From what I've read from others, that's the BIGGEST downside to staying off-site. As mentioned, bus times can be few and far between. You're pretty much at their mercy. I hope you find something that works well for you.

Terra
05-09-2013, 11:37 AM
On our quick weekend trips, we stay off site and I agree, it's honestly more of a downfall and hassle. Most of the time the shuttles seem to run back in the late evening [but before the shows/fireworks]. So in many cases you'll have to miss them to take the shuttle :/

Is it possible to rent a car within budget?

eandrsmom
05-09-2013, 11:44 AM
We've stayed offsite the last few years, but we've always had our own car. I'd be hesitant to rely on transportation from an offsite hotel. I know that the Wyndham Bonnet Creek does offer buses to the park but we didn't use them. We drive to Disney, so we save on airfare which cuts down on expenses. I don't know if that 's an option for you. With a large family, driving saves a substantial amount of money, and we have the benefit of having our own car.

#1donaldfan
05-09-2013, 12:03 PM
I've never done it, but staying very near DtD you could either walk over to catch a bus, or drive over and walk from the parking lot to the busses....You'll not get a direct route, I don't think, but it beats waiting on an offsite shuttle that may run only twice a day ??? !!!!