PDA

View Full Version : Which Park do you by more souveniers in?

barbiegirl314
05-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Was wondering if folks have one park that they typically end up buying more souveniers in?

For me in would probably be Epcot b/c I usually like getting keepsakes from each of the different countries and my DS16 likes to get soccer jerseys from his favorite countries.

Anyone else?

BigB
05-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Unless we see a must have, we wait until the day before we leave to buy souvenirs. We go to Downtown Disney to buy them at the "Disney Depot".

Terra
05-08-2013, 11:48 AM
EPCOT by far! :mickey: So many amazing things there. I think I could easily spend a couple of thousand if I were rich!

Plus with MouseGear, I love that everything is pretty much in one place [Disney themed].

I think I really want to start a coffee mug collection with one from each country. I usually get one that is Disney themed, or at least the yearly one.

And I love my coffee, so they are put to good use!

BrerGnat
05-08-2013, 11:49 AM
Epcot!

I think Mouse Gear is the best merchandise shop on property.

And, I always have to get a new Epcot tee each trip.

#1donaldfan
05-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Probably Dtd, at the World of Disney. We browse all the shops throughout the week and end up buying it all (nearly all) at the end. There are occasional items that we know will not be downtown, so we'll get it at that time, otherwise, it's at the end ..... :cool:

BuddyL4
05-08-2013, 12:38 PM
I have to agree we buy most of our souviners at Epcot. I also have a tradition of picking up a Christmas pickle ornament in Germany.
:tree:

Ms. Mode
05-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Parks: Epcot (pin station)

DTD: World of Disney

snuggs30
05-08-2013, 01:04 PM
I love mouse gear and the big store in Downtown Disney. That store just goes on and and on.. haha :mickey:

k10
05-08-2013, 01:50 PM
I have to reiterate: Epcot / Mouse Gear. Not to mention the goodies you can find in the World Showcase.

Next favorite: The Villain Shop in DHS.

Next favorite: The new one in MK in Storybook Circus: Big Top Souvenirs. :mickey:

TheHD
05-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Mouse Gears and World of Disney for me. I usually look around for the best coffee mug and choose one the last or second to last day at one of these two locations.

ANG
05-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Mostly MK.

ASweetLov
05-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Usually buy things in Epcot (Mouse Gears and World Showcase) at Downtown Disney and at my resort! :mickey:

MrPeetrie
05-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Epcot, mostly for MouseGear. My wife loves the Wotld Showcase, especially Italy.

When Mouse About Town had nice men's apparel, I used to love to shop there. Now, it's the same generic variety you see in every store.

KAJUNKING
05-09-2013, 01:10 AM
well I guess Magic kingdom at the Emporium or mouse gear at EPCOT! Really I wish they would start to offer park or attraction specific merchandise! Maybe even some resort stuff!

taleasoldastime
05-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Magic kingdom. I love shopping on main street. I love walking through the stores and listening to the music loop! Now that there is a beauty and the beast store, thats a whole other issue! I spent way too much money in that store my last trip, but it was worth it!:D

ThanxForNoticin
05-09-2013, 12:37 PM
Years ago, it absolutely would've been EPCOT. But the last few years we've enjoyed a lot more time in the AK, and I just find it very difficult to get my wife away from that park without some fun souvenir she finds!!

TheHD
05-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Really I wish they would start to offer park or attraction specific merchandise! Maybe even some resort stuff!

I completely agree.

minnie04
05-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Unless we see a must have, we wait until the day before we leave to buy souvenirs. We go to Downtown Disney to buy them at the "Disney Depot".

I always tell everyone let’s wait. This way we are not carrying bags around the park. Now that they are older and we don't have the stroller space anymore. We take a night/day either last or during the trip to hit DTD. I prefer to go during the trip this way it never feels like the last night. lol :mickey: Plus I don't like to be rushed when im strolling around the stores just taking in all the cool Disney stuff. We used to go the last day and it always felt to rushed and knowing we have to hit the road home is a downer in the stores...

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-10-2013, 11:49 AM
We buy a lot of our little generic souveniers like key chains, magnets etc...at Downtown Disney at World of Disney and we always go to the Christmas store there for an ornament as well....otherwise I would say Epcot for unique gifts

indytraveler
05-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Seems to be the Emporium in the MK. But Epcot is very close. However, Downtown Disney is an entire day shopping.

tjstrike
05-14-2013, 01:44 AM
Probably Dtd, at the World of Disney. We browse all the shops throughout the week and end up buying it all (nearly all) at the end. There are occasional items that we know will not be downtown, so we'll get it at that time, otherwise, it's at the end ..... :cool:

:ditto:

waymickey
05-14-2013, 02:15 PM
I don't buy souveniors for the most part anymore. Most of the stuff is so generic I can get it anywhere. Our drink mug becomes the souvenior for the most part. I only buy something if I can't get it anywhere else.

I really wish they would return to resort specific, theme park specific ,attratcion specific merchandise. I would be more likely to buy then.

SandmanGStefani24
05-14-2013, 08:53 PM
easily Epcot. Partly bc it's my fave park, and mostly bc of the World Showcase. I love finding items from around the world, rather than seeing "Made in the USA" on it like I find closer to home. Plus the WDW items that are made for the WS and Future World are just plain cool.