PDA

View Full Version : Tony's Town Square?

DizMagic
05-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Has anyone tried Tony's Town Square lately? I'm thinking about making a reservation but I've read mixed reviews. I thought it might be a good choice for one of our Magic Kingdom days since it's more convenient than leaving the park. Thanks for your help!

ledudes
05-07-2013, 09:17 AM
I've never heard anything good about it, but I've never actually been. You could try Liberty Tree or a nearby resort.

Mickey'sGirl
05-07-2013, 09:31 AM
Tony's Town Square has some very good dishes (though I would personally avoid the lasagna). I think their meatballs are tremendously good, and my oldest son enjoyed the Seafood Diavolo. This is my review from last summer.

Tony’s Town Square – Magic Kingdom

Atmosphere: You can’t beat the cool comfortable beauty of Tony’s. Tables are well spaced, and the Lady and the Tramp artwork is displayed throughout the restaurant. 5/5

Food: The boys shared Calamari to start. It was lightly coated and not greasy, so very nice. Neither cared for the marinara it was served with. For our mains, Harry had Seafood Diavolo - Linguini pasta with Clams, Mussels, Calamari, Shrimp, and fresh fish of the day in a spicy Tomato sauce . He enjoyed this food immensely, especially the Mussels. Brian had Lasagna, which he said was all right (that was my impression of it when I had it a couple of years ago too … just all right). Euan and I both had Spaghetti and Meatballs. I honestly never expect much when I order Spaghetti and Meatballs when we’re out. I make my own sauce and balls o’ meat at home every week, and I am usually disappointed when I order this out. Well, Tony’s has made a believer out of me! The linguine was hot and al dente, and the meatballs were FABULOUS. Honestly, Tony’s really knows how to make a good meatball, all flavourful and moist. This was a great surprise! Euan ordered an ice cream sundae for dessert, Brian had cheesecake, and Harry and I opted for some Cappuccino’s , served with biscotti, which our server remembered to leave off of my saucer due to my noted tree-nut allergy. 4/5

Service: We had been served by our waiter in the past, and remembered him to be efficient and friendly. For this visit, again he was both. The simple act of thinking to NOT include the biscotti demonstrates the quality of his service. We noticed and commented to the Hostess that we saw everyone in the restaurant helping each other out. Servers were picking up dishes at other tables when they passed, or offered refills of drinks. Real quality service. 5/5

We had fabulous service and other than the mediocre lasagna, terrific mains then some good coffee to finish up. This was a terrific first night’s meal at Disney! Overall rating - 4/5

mickeyman42
05-07-2013, 09:34 AM
we've gone, once, last August. we didn't have a bad experience, it was just ok, which for the price made it a disappointment. we were seated outside which was nice to sit and watch main street while eating dinner, but the food was below average. Would I use a free DDP credit if we were in MK and hungry, probably, but would I pay OOP for it, or make a special trip there for it, not a chance.
I would rather pay OOP and eat at the plaza restaurant than Tony's (we enjoy the plaza for what it is). now co-workers of mine ate there 2 weeks after we did and they enjoyed it, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-07-2013, 10:51 AM
We ate at Tony's a couple of trips ago, and have an ADR for our upcoming trip.

Despite all of the negative reviews, our meal was just fine. The food was good, the service excellent and overall we had a good time.

paymerich
05-07-2013, 11:47 AM
We just ate there on April 20 2013. Biggest complaint is that the table they placed us at was way to small for 5 people (ME,DW,DS 15 tall, DD 12 small, DS 9 Small) . They served us very tasty roll and olive oil to start . We had the Mozzarella Triangles to start. DW had the Mushroom Ravioli which she rated as good but a bit too oily. DS 15 , DD9 and myself spilt 2 order of Chicken Parm and it was way more than enough for us it was very tasty and sauce was not too sweet. DS9 had Spag and Meatballs with a meatball big enough to choke a horse!.
Overall a fairly good meal . Service was not stellar , it was not terrible but not the best ever.

#1donaldfan
05-07-2013, 12:14 PM
We have always had a great meal and great service there !! I guess we've been there at least 6 times !! I'm not saying it will be the best meal you have ever had, or that the spaghetti dishes will having you writing home about, but it is very good, reasonalby priced and within MK which is a total plus !!! Our last dinner there was this past November, one of the very last tables of the night and it was GREAT !! :cool:

ANG
05-07-2013, 12:48 PM
We won't eat there again. We dined last October. My mom and I got the spaghetti and meatballs. I couldn't believe an Italian joint with Lady and the Tramp theming had lousy spaghetti. On the other hand, DH had steak and he loved it. The service was decent, not bad or fabulous.

NewDVCowner
05-07-2013, 02:12 PM
I was there in November, 2011 with four other people. Every single one of our pasta dishes was overcooked and mushy (how can an Italian place NOT know how to cook pasta right?) and the cippino that my brother had basically was some seafood with tomato sauce (no flavor, just something from a can) dropped on top. The service was so-so. We'll never go there again. I recommend jumping on the monorai to the Contemporary and having dinner at the Wave. Excellent food and service and really easy to get to.

ransam
05-07-2013, 02:57 PM
I've been numerous times, I love it.
have been w/ my sister and it's one of our favorites.
I took my son and gf last Feb and as usual it was great.
Service was excellent, Food fantastic.
my son is very picky and he ate everything we gave him.

Ms. Mode
05-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Tony's Town Square is one of our all time favorites! We love the spaghetti and meatballs the best! My DH and I were there in October and it was just as great as ever. The service was EXCELLENT too.

Our first visit in 2004 was what set the stage; I will admit the second trip in 2006 the service was a little off (although the food was good). We were a little afraid that it would be going downhill from there so we skipped a trip. When we went in 2010 we were seated on the porch at around 5pm and they have the flag ceremony which we never knew about...it was just so great, good food, a show, very relaxing. Couldn't ask for more. :mickey:

Ms. Mode
05-07-2013, 03:36 PM
I was there in November, 2011 with four other people. Every single one of our pasta dishes was overcooked and mushy (how can an Italian place NOT know how to cook pasta right?) and the cippino that my brother had basically was some seafood with tomato sauce (no flavor, just something from a can) dropped on top. The service was so-so. We'll never go there again. I recommend jumping on the monorai to the Contemporary and having dinner at the Wave. Excellent food and service and really easy to get to.

Americans like the pasta cooked to mush...they give us what we ask for. :blush:

mechanic
05-07-2013, 03:48 PM
We do it for lunch on every trip. Last visit was april 4. Walked in with no adr. Seated immediately around 1130 am.
Our waiter was great, the place is nicely decorated and spotless clean.
3 adults, we had chicken parm, mozzarella salad, and panini of the day. (Eggplant and hummus). Everyone was very satisfied with their food. The wife did complain coffee was too strong and it was taken off bill. Total $42 plus $8 tip.
Great view out front windows, and a sentimental family tradition for our family.
Oh and from past experience, the meatball is great and so is the eggplant stack.

CynBeth
05-07-2013, 07:02 PM
We are a group of 3 adults and had a wonderful experience when we ate there a few years ago and plan to have dinner there again in December. The staff was wonderful especially the chef who was assigned to us for one person in our party with food allergies. We really liked our spaghetti and meatballs and they even let us get the kid size. The allergy person was able to get a non dairy dessert and I can't remember what dessert the rest of us had but it was good.

LudwigVonDrake
05-08-2013, 06:17 AM
I last ate there a couple of years ago and it was pretty good. I don't know how much it may have changed :eat:

Gator
05-09-2013, 11:26 PM
We tried it on our last trip and loved it. There's been a lot of bad reviews which scared us, but we're glad we went. I attribute the bad reviews to the folks from around New York and New England where authentic Italian is on every corner. It's like a Californian like me going to San Angel at Epcot. I don't like it, but that's because I get really good Mexican at home. But we don't get good Italian, so Tony's is great for us. I got the Eggplant Stacker, and it was as good as anything I ate the entire 10 day trip.

MrPeetrie
05-11-2013, 01:24 AM
We eaten there several times with our most recent meal being lunch in September 2012. We've never had a bad meal or service. Our recent lunch was very good and our waiter was excellent. I love the location, especially if a parade is coming by. I'd give it a shot.