PDA

View Full Version : Mermaids in PotC

TracyL
05-06-2013, 10:35 PM
Maybe I'm the last kid on my block to see them, but I'm not seeing a thread about it here or elsewhere on INTERCOT, so I thought I'd throw it out here. Mods can feel free to move this or point out where it's discussed elsewhere.

Have been on Pirates twice in the past week, and it has a few new additions since the last time I rode (which can't have been more than a few months ago). After the Blackbeard "waterfall" effect, approaching the beach, watch the water beside your boat for some interesting effects. Also check out some additions on the beach itself, keeping ol' seagull-head company.

Anyone else seen these new nods to the most recent PotC movie? What do you think?

DizneyFreak2002
05-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Talked about it here:
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=197010&highlight=pirates+mermaids

And in a few others I believe... They aren't that new.. They were added end of last year...

KylesMom
05-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Yep, saw them at ICOT15 after the discussion to "find" them. But if you aren't looking overboard you'll miss 'em!

Melanie
05-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Yes, the changes were definitely in place during ICOT15 in October. I like the addition of the mermaid song as well.

TracyL
05-07-2013, 08:55 PM
Huh. I didn't think it had been that long since I'd last been on the ride, but if I was on it with someone talking or something I suppose I could have missed it. I was there for ICOT 15 but had to miss the MK meet due to a conflict that day.

Sorry for the duplication, then -- nothing to see here, move along.....

azcavalier
05-15-2013, 12:14 PM
Actually, the mermaids in the water were shut off when we were there a few weeks ago. Everything else was up and running.

As a side note, I preferred the Davy Jones projection to the Blackbeard projection.

Melanie
05-15-2013, 12:31 PM
As a side note, I preferred the Davy Jones projection to the Blackbeard projection.

I wish WDW would do like Disneyland and take turns playing both.

CaptSmee
05-20-2013, 09:26 AM
I absolutely love the subtle addition....only some people were noticing last year & I had to point them out to my boat :secret:

EJS-Houston
05-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Actually, the mermaids in the water were shut off when we were there a few weeks ago. Everything else was up and running.

Yeah...I had seen a thread on this site warning me to look out for them before my last visit in November of last year, but I didn't see anything, and assumed they were "turned off."

LudwigVonDrake
05-26-2013, 10:26 PM
I want to see the mermaids in the water for myself :mickey:

#1donaldfan
05-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Sweet !!! I cannot wait to see them !! I thought the one washed up on the shore was a great effect and missed the one in the water !! I'll catch it next time !! :thumbsup: