PDA

View Full Version : Groceries

Carol
05-06-2013, 09:07 AM
We would like to purchase groceries for our next trip since we'll be staying in a villa. It's getting harder to bring stuff with us with all of the luggage restrictions and unfortunately strollersandgroceries.com doesn't deliver to California.

So - my question is ---- Is there a grocery store near Disneyland? I'm open to a taxi ride. It doesn't have to be within walking distance.

We've done the on-site shopping in the past but selection is SO limited when staying for a week. We're looking to buy laundry stuff, breakfast items, fruit, beer, water ... etc.

LuvsTigger80
05-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Hi there!!

There is a Ralphs on Ball and Brookhurst. A short ride from the resort. :mickey: We drove there on our short staycation in April!

Sam

BrerGnat
05-06-2013, 11:02 AM
There is a Target on Harbor Blvd in Garden Grove. That is closer than the Ralph's mentioned. You should be able to get what you need there. This location carries fresh grocery items and wine/beer. This is the address: 12100 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove, CA, 92840

There is also an Albertson's supermarket at Katella and Brookhurst.

FWIW, Ralph's is the most expensive supermarket in the area. I used to frequent Albertsons when I lived there. Ralph's will rob you blind. :eek:

Carol
05-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Excellent. Thanks. I knew there had to be something nearby.

DisneyDINK
05-06-2013, 11:20 AM
My friends own the 7-11 on Harbour & Katella. They might not have everything you need, but you'd be surprised how much they do have. I actually worked ther one summer WAY back when.

tinkwest
05-06-2013, 11:24 AM
If you are willing to use a taxi there are several choices for you.

About a mile and a half down Katella there is a Food 4 Less. That's the closest I know of.

There's also a Target on Harbor, about two blocks past the Toy Story parking lot. Vons, about the same distance, on Chapman off of Harbor. Or the Ralphs on Brookhurst. These three are all maybe 2.5 - 3 miles from the Resort.

Of the four I've only been to the Target. It was a typical Target and did have a grocery department.

frozman
06-13-2013, 02:54 AM
The Target that everyone has mentioned is on the same OCTA bus route that stops at Disneyland, I'm wanting to say it's route 43, so you can hop down there for just a couple bucks round trip if you don't want to pay for a Taxi. It would be about a 5-10 minute ride, and the buses run frequently enough that you don't have to check a bus schedule... just show up at the stop and one should be by within 20 minutes.