PDA

View Full Version : The 24 hours of Disney fun!

Terra
05-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Did anyone do it solo last year? Get a room, and all that jazz?
Since I live close, I'm seriously considering it just as some "me" time. My husband has been encouraging me to take an overnight for myself and hey, what better way since I love Disney!
They have rooms open. It would be nice being on property so I don't have to worry about driving tired.
I realize it will be busy, but just to grab a drink and people watch would be half the fun!

Tell me more if you went last year!

Cheshire_Girl
05-06-2013, 02:23 PM
I went last year, didn't stay over night...
We got there around 10pm I think...and let me tell you-by 2am that was the most unhappy place on earth.
I was absolutely shocked at the anmount of parents who kept their kids out/up way past bedtime just because they (the parents) wanted to have fun...but the tired cranky little ones were not the worst of it...
It just seemsed to me that people were cranky and rude more so than usual..including myself I'm sure.
I won't do it again.
This year I plan on being in the park bright and early on the 25th and hope everyone holds true to form from last year and will be tucked in their beds while I'm zooming thru the parks!

Melanie
05-06-2013, 02:49 PM
I went last year, didn't stay over night...
We got there around 10pm I think...and let me tell you-by 2am that was the most unhappy place on earth.
I was absolutely shocked at the anmount of parents who kept their kids out/up way past bedtime just because they (the parents) wanted to have fun...but the tired cranky little ones were not the worst of it...
It just seemsed to me that people were cranky and rude more so than usual..including myself I'm sure.
I won't do it again.
This year I plan on being in the park bright and early on the 25th and hope everyone holds true to form from last year and will be tucked in their beds while I'm zooming thru the parks!

Wow Cody, we couldn't have had a more different experience. I tried to find my mini report from that night, but I remember everyone being in wonderful spirits, because after all, it was truly the die hard Disney fanatics who toughed it out that night. Everyone was happy and excited about being there on that unique day. We had a great time! And like I said on an earlier post, I remember us comparing tweets with folks who were at Disneyland at the same time, and WDW was dead crowd-wise compared to out there. After midnight, the crowds really thinned out, and I don't remember any whiny kids. Now on EMH nights, that's another story.

To the OP, I went with a fellow INTERCOTee from the Tampa area (AgentC), and we met and drove together, then drove home about 5am that next morning. So glad we did it, but would definitely get a room if I were doing it again this time.

ISLE39
05-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Was there at the original one. I flew in tues night landed at midnight. Slept in the airport til 430 am rented my car n drove to Mk. The morning opening was awesome. Went on some rides no wait. Left the Mk at 830. Went to ak for a while. Left there went to MGM. Then we went to pop century since I usually stay there i knew there were showers by the pool. Took a nap by the pool on a lounge hair. Took a shower and left for Epcot around 7. After illuminations went back to Mk. Didn't get in Mk til after 11. Monorail was crazy the park was now crazy packed. Rides were ridiculously long. Parties were going. It wasn't the highlight but I enjoyed the experience. I would do it over again. I left Mk at 4am as I had an early flight home and I had work at 2pm. Best experience of my life

mechanic
05-07-2013, 05:39 PM
we are night shifters and we have done the 2 and 3 am late nights several times. Would love to be there when sun starts to come up. Then head off to bed until noon.

Terra
05-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Thanks for all the input! I think with a room, if it did get too packed and just not fun, at least I could go back. But yeah, wow seeing a Disney sunrise...!! That would be awesome!

I do agree about kiddos probably getting cranky. I can't imagine taking my 4 and 6 year old. But as a "mommy needs a night away"....oh yes! ;)