PDA

View Full Version : Resort Bus to Water Parks?

IMADisneyFreak
05-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Just curious, are there buses that go directly to the water parks from resorts? I know we can catch a bus to Theme Parks and DTD, but is that the case for water parks as well?

BrerGnat
05-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Sort of.

The bus that goes to Animal Kingdom also goes to Blizzard Beach (the loop is Resort-Blizzard Beach-AK-Resort).

The bus that goes to Downtown Disney also goes to Typhoon Lagoon (the loop is Resort-Typhoon Lagoon-Downtown Disney-Resort).

It's handy on the way TO the water park. It's a bit of an annoyance on the way back to the resort, as you have to endure the stop at the AK/DtD first, and if you are in wet bathing suits, on a chilly air conditioned bus, it feels like a LONG ride.

Maleficent's Dad
05-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Sort of.

The bus that goes to Animal Kingdom also goes to Blizzard Beach (the loop is Resort-Blizzard Beach-AK-Resort).
Just an FYI, Disney is experimenting with new routes to BB. They're trying out a route that goes from resorts directly to DAK. Then guests have to transfer to a BB bus at DAK.

This does not apply to buses from CSR and All Star Resorts.

BrerGnat
05-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Just an FYI, Disney is experimenting with new routes to BB. They're trying out a route that goes from resorts directly to DAK. Then guests have to transfer to a BB bus at DAK.

Are you serious? That's horrible! Ew...we are SO renting a car for our August trip. Water parks are going to be a big part of it and I don't want to have to deal with that.

Thanks for the heads up!

buzznwoodysmom
05-06-2013, 11:10 AM

I read about this last week and I think it's horrible! We always have our car, and sometimes drive to the water parks when we go. Not fun for those who rely on Disney transportation. I hate this idea.

Polynesian Dweller
05-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Are you serious? That's horrible! Ew...we are SO renting a car for our August trip. Water parks are going to be a big part of it and I don't want to have to deal with that.

Thanks for the heads up!

First, keep in mind its just a test at this point and not permanent so don't be making plans yet. If it gets too much bad feedback, and it certainly could, then it won't go ahead. But they have to test to find out.

I can understand why they want to test though. AK gets 5 times the daily attendance, about 27000 to BB's 5400 based on recently available figures. If those proportions are close to the bus traffic it makes sense to see if overall between the two parks on the route its better customer service to make things easier for the 5 times more AK folks or if some other solution needs to be found.

MOJoe
05-06-2013, 12:52 PM
First, keep in mind its just a test at this point and not permanent so don't be making plans yet. If it gets too much bad feedback, and it certainly could, then it won't go ahead. But they have to test to find out.

I can understand why they want to test though. AK gets 5 times the daily attendance, about 27000 to BB's 5400 based on recently available figures. If those proportions are close to the bus traffic it makes sense to see if overall between the two parks on the route its better customer service to make things easier for the 5 times more AK folks or if some other solution needs to be found.

Yeah, the first thing i thought of was, "Well that will make it a little faster to AK now."

But how will the masses of folks who don't have this information know which bus to take? I see some unhappy campers at a bus stop near you!

IMADisneyFreak
05-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Sort of.

The bus that goes to Downtown Disney also goes to Typhoon Lagoon (the loop is Resort-Typhoon Lagoon-Downtown Disney-Resort).

It's handy on the way TO the water park. It's a bit of an annoyance on the way back to the resort, as you have to endure the stop at the AK/DtD first, and if you are in wet bathing suits, on a chilly air conditioned bus, it feels like a LONG ride.

Thanks for the information! I was hoping to avoid renting a car for the trip this June but riding back on a long bus ride from the water parks does not thrill me at all. I guess I will weigh my options! :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
05-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the information! I was hoping to avoid renting a car for the trip this June but riding back on a long bus ride from the water parks does not thrill me at all. I guess I will weigh my options! :thumbsup:

Seriously. I mean, are people supposed to take a bus from BB to AK and then sit there and wait for a resort bus to show up? Talk about inconvenient.

We are renting a car. I don't even like the current system the way it is set up and with only 4 days on property, I don't want to be spending hours on trips that should only take 5 minutes.

FLKatie912
05-07-2013, 07:03 PM

Disney just announced that this test is postponed until further notice.

VWL Mom
05-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Disney just announced that this test is postponed until further notice.:thumbsup:

Sweetpea29488
05-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Just want to get this straight in my head :blush:
We would catch a bus from our resort for BB that will read AK/BB and when we're done we'll just look for a bus that is for our resort?

tinksmom02
05-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Just want to get this straight in my head :blush:
We would catch a bus from our resort for BB that will read AK/BB and when we're done we'll just look for a bus that is for our resort?

Yes. :mickey: We were just there last week and the AK/BB bus stopped at BB first, then went on to AK. We went from AK to Epcot so I don't know how the return route went, but you would just find your resort bus queue and wait there for it. As others have said, you might (or definitely will have to?) stop at AK before heading back to your resort.