PDA

View Full Version : Vegan food suggestions?

stephicakes
05-02-2013, 05:25 PM
Anyone know of good vegan dishes in either the parks or resorts? Being a vegetarian myself, I have never had a problem finding a meal at Disney, but my DD17 is vegan and would like some suggestions. We are staying at Beach Club this summer so any suggestions around the EPCOT resorts or WS is especially appreciated. Anyone with experience know of anywhere good? :idea:

TIA!!
steph :D

Tekneek
05-02-2013, 06:13 PM
The food court area (Sunshine Seasons) at The Land is probably the best choice on property for counter service vegan options. The veggie burger, available at some locations like Pecos Bill's and Cosmic Ray's, should be the vegan gardenburger. Some things can be modified to be vegan, like the Grilled Vegetable Sandwich at the Backlot Express in DHS.

For table service meals, just advise them when making the reservation, call ahead that day, and remind them when checking in that a member of the party requires a vegan meal be prepared. They should be able to accommodate and I've heard that sometimes the rest of the party is jealous of the custom creation made by the chef.

sorarail
07-10-2013, 08:43 AM
and have no problems. I check "other" for an allergic condition on our ADR's and most hosts/hostesses are relieved when we tell them we are vegan.

That being said:

Tusker House always has vegan items on its buffet. The chef will come and walk it with your daughter to let her know which items are vegan.

At Teppan Edo, they will fix her vegetables first, before any meat is put on the grill.

Saana has a vegan menu.

I would guess that Boma also has vegan items, but I haven't eaten there since I stopped eating animals.

Tangine Cafe has vegan items, hummus, tabbouleh, etc.

There is a Babycakes at Downtown Disney. They are vegan.

Breakfast is a bit harder. I stick with oatmeal and fruit.

LauraF
07-10-2013, 02:46 PM
The chef at Jiko's (not sure if she's still there) is a vegan and made some amazing stuff for me when I went several years ago.

The others mentioned below are some of my places I go. Both Boma and Ohana have vegan options, or did last I was there for breakfast.

Otherwise, I've seen chefs come out at any of the table service in the parks to help you. A couple of memorable ones:

CSR - they made me an amazing 'vegetable flight" when I asked for vegetarian options

Canada @ Epcot - the chef came out personally to my table and he asked me what things I couldn't eat.

Most places are also very amenable to 'mixing' things. If you say 'I want this sauce on that food or change this side' I've never had an issue. I am very careful however at quick serve as most of that is not as flexible, and what may look vegan/veggie is often not (*cough* China, *cough*)

Good luck!

NJGIRL
07-10-2013, 07:22 PM
This is only the Magic Kingdom, but I hope it helps a little.

http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insider/archive/2012/11-01.asp