PDA

View Full Version : Points increase for new purchases

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Hello, not a DVC member (would like to be, but not feasible) but just passing along an email that I got a few minutes ago. A DVC promotion to lock in current prices of $145 a point, as of June 19 it will raise to $150 a point (for AKV or Aluani).

VWL Mom
05-05-2013, 07:43 AM
I really don't understand why they're raising AKV of all places. The resale market is saturated and they've been passing through in the $60-$70 range. While other resale prices are slightly up this one keeps coming down.

TheHD
05-05-2013, 04:50 PM
I really don't understand why they're raising AKV of all places. The resale market is saturated and they've been passing through in the $60-$70 range. While other resale prices are slightly up this one keeps coming down.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. We just purchased resale at SSR and AKV was our second choice due to cost and availability.

At $150, isn't that close to the cost of BLT now?

Ian
05-05-2013, 08:10 PM
I have no clue why Disney is pricing DVC where they are. Their prices are about double what the resorts are selling for on the secondary market. At this point, you'd need to have your head examined if you buy DVC direct from Disney.

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-05-2013, 08:16 PM
I have no clue why Disney is pricing DVC where they are. Their prices are about double what the resorts are selling for on the secondary market. At this point, you'd need to have your head examined if you buy DVC direct from Disney.

Or be an impulse buyer that doesn't take the time to find out there are lower-cost options easily available. :shake:

MarkC
05-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Yep- Hubby is correct. I'm guessing a lot of people buy while they are on a Disney vacation and don't realize what they could find elsewhere. Too bad for them but that's life and that's capitalism. Impulse buying is never good.