PDA

View Full Version : Ellen's Universe of Energy

barbiegirl314
05-02-2013, 12:36 PM
With all the times my family and I have been to Epcot we have never done visited this attraction. I was wondering if we've been missing anything?

Is it a ride or show? About how long is it and is it worth putting on our list of do's for this upcoming trip

ChiefFlyingEagle1996
05-02-2013, 01:05 PM
It is a humorous show that I believe needs to be done at least once on a trip... However if you don't have enough or don't think that you can fit it in, then it is nothing to worry about.
My family does it and they fall asleep just because its chilly and extremely dark in the attraction.
It is basically a 45 minute show that you ride through with Bill Ni ( I really don't know how to spell his name) telling Ellen about energy. It's humorous at some points but nothing major.
If you miss it, don't worry about it:)

Have fun on your trip, and I hope this helps!:mickey:

PrincessJadesMom
05-02-2013, 01:22 PM
We love that ride/show, but it is pretty long.

Ms. Mode
05-02-2013, 01:26 PM
My DH and DD rate it 100% for nap value: Dark, cool, moving, off your feet! Second only to Spaceship Earth to them. :thumbsup:

Tigerinvestigator
05-02-2013, 01:56 PM
It is a ride and a show. I've always thought it is a must see at Epcot, at least once. It is a long attraction, but it's fun and the ride through the Dinosaur portion of the ride is very detailed and one of the few remaining original parts of Epcot (except for the animatronic Ellen). I think everyone should see it once.:thumbsup:

epceddie
05-02-2013, 02:18 PM
We like to time it so we miss as much of the preshow as we can. We've been on the ride so much that we don't need to sit through the long story setup. The ride is a little dated, but we always enjoy it.

k10
05-02-2013, 02:54 PM
If you're anything like me & my family, you're going be saying, "Stupid Judy!" for the rest of your life. You'll see.

Aside from that, I agree w/ everyone in that it's dated but humorous. Worth the little break where you can sit inside and just relax. Definitely worth seeing. :mickey:

DVC2004
05-02-2013, 02:57 PM
You should try it at least once. I like it, but it hasn't been updated in years and the first part of the attraction is very long video with Ellen. I mean, long like 45 minutes or something. Too long in my opinion. We haven't went on it in years now because we feel it takes up too much of our time. I'll be back to visit it when they update it.

SBETigg
05-02-2013, 03:38 PM
I would definitely do it at least once. It's hard to do more than that because it is so long (45 minutes or so) but well worth a visit. There's a cute/funny preshow, then a ride through, then you sit through an energy movie (which usually makes me sleepy, but it isn't really bad). The ride through is really cool, but 45 minutes is a lot of time to spend in one attraction. You are comfortably seated through most of it.

EvilQueen2006
05-02-2013, 04:13 PM
If I am there at a particularly hot and humid time of year I try to time it as a nice break during the hottest part of the day. It's about 45 minutes, but it goes by quickly. It's funny and educational and everyone likes dinosaurs!

Tekneek
05-02-2013, 05:36 PM
One of the few things left in Future World that reminds me of what it once was (yet, it is only a shadow of the original). I would miss Test Track and Soarin' for a ride on this, personally. The whole family can go.

PETE FROM NYC
05-02-2013, 06:20 PM
IMHO, the original version was an educational experience not to be missed, but since they added Ellen, it was turned into more of a joke.
I used to go in the newer show until both DW and I became disabled. Now they will not let us in with our scooters, but in the past, scooters were allowed in. I don't know why they changed, but I don't like it.
BTW, DW and I are both too big for the toy wheelchairs the provide.

dkmwong
05-02-2013, 08:48 PM
I agree with the rest of the posts. It is dated but humorous. We do it every time we are down. It's a great way to get off your feet and relax.:)

Katzateer
05-03-2013, 09:25 AM
My girls were huge dinosaur fans so it was always a must. Now not so much and with Wonders of Life closed we don't go to that section of EPCOT.
Nice place to get out of the heat and relax and worth going to at least once.

Found it interesting that Ellen mentioned on her show she has never been to that attraction. Seems like she would be curious to see it...

EJS-Houston
05-03-2013, 03:49 PM
I usually do this once a trip when I need to get off my feet and into the air conditioning for a while. It's fun and funny and a nice 45-minute diversion. Recommended.

Gator
05-03-2013, 05:05 PM
What you have missed is NOTHING! OK, maybe you missed out on a nap. It's 45 minutes of really really really bad comedy. It tries to implement a story on energy, but Ellen fails to make it very interesting. I find myself rooting for the dinosaurs to eat her about 30 minutes in. With everything to do at Epcot, you can continue to skip this one. I've hit it once out of our 7 trips. It'll never happen again unless they change it.

TheVBs
05-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Like others have said, if you've never done it before, it's worth doing at least once. We think it's cute, but don't shoot for it on every trip. As long as you're aware how long it is, you can plan for it. Have a great trip! :mickey:

eandrsmom
05-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Like others have said, it's dated. There are dark portions of the attraction that may frighten young children, but it isn't scary. I usually take our younger ones through while my husband takes the older ones to Mission Space. It is a great option mid afternoon in July when it's hot and humid.

disneymom2000
05-04-2013, 10:25 PM
I like the preshow as much as the ride itself. It is very interesting but the actual ride is very slow moving. And of course the ending is very funny.

Terra
05-04-2013, 10:36 PM
My boys and I love it!! My 6.5 year old is very science oriented so he can't miss it!
The only time we don't catch it is when my MIL goes with us because she won't see if for religious reasons.
I must be a geek though, because I chuckle every time!

mcjaco
05-06-2013, 11:39 AM
If you like Ellen, Jeopardy, Science, Bill Nye, and have 45 minutes.....do it!

bruin1344
05-06-2013, 01:01 PM
I dislike it because its too long without breaks, boring, I am not an Ellen fan, too dated, and Bill Nye reminds of doing homework when I was a kid. Everyone should experience an attraction once but if you are short on time, do not panic if you skip this attraction. The only positives are its a nice place to relax and the dinosaur scenes are interesting.