PDA

View Full Version : Some rumors for your enjoyment

DizneyFreak2002
05-01-2013, 10:08 PM
A few Disney fan site feeds have sprouted out a few rumors on Twitter and their site.. Wanna chew on some juicy info? Remember, these are only rumors, not confirmed by Disney in any way, shape or form..

1. Wishes run will end in 2015/2016 with a new fireworks show starting in 2016... Working title: Dreams Come Alive

2. Festival of Fantasy will be performed twice daily...

3. The reason for the twice daily Fesival of Fantasy Parade is because MSEP will be taken offline for a major refurbishment/rebuild of the parade units...

4. Because of the height of the new floats in Festival of Fantasy, come the holiday season, the garland which drapes across Main Street will have to be removed or reconfigured, which could lead to the possibility that there will be no garland decorations at all...

5. Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade will end its run in October... Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade will only be shown during the weekends of the holiday season... This continues the entertainment cuts in DAK.. Eeyore was removed as a meet and greet character already (not a rumor, this has happened or will be happening very soon)...

6. The reason for the end of MJJ parade? Well, remember Countdown to Fun parade in DHS was ended? The funds were allocated to Festival of Fantasy... Well, rumor is, the same will be happening here... Mickeys Jammin Jungle parade ends and the funds allocated to Festival of Fantasy...

Feel free to discuss :)

buzznwoodysmom
05-01-2013, 11:03 PM
It will be a very sad day for me if they end Wishes! It is my all-time favorite! Just can't imagine a trip to Disney without Wishes.

I will also be unhappy with no garland draped above Main Street because of parade floats. That stinks. Kinda like the Epcot Christmas lights that never got replaced. You would think a company such as Disney would figure out a way to keep these holiday elements the guests love so much. Sigh, not that I am surprised tho!

Disney_pups2
05-01-2013, 11:20 PM
The MSEP, is there a rumored date as to it's retirement??

PirateLover
05-02-2013, 01:33 AM
While I like Wishes, it is a decade old now... although, Fantasy in the Sky ran for 3 decades, right? Still, I wouldn't be adverse to a new fireworks show. "Dreams Come Alive" isn't very original though... isn't the Disneyland show called "Dreams Come True?"

As for Festival of Fantasy, I would NOT be happy without a night time parade at MK! And I really would not be happy with no Christmas garland! It seems as if each year the Christmas offerings get reduced more and more. The garland is a huge part of the theme!

Dragongirlx
05-02-2013, 03:54 AM
I love the jammin jungle parade I would be very sad if it went.

BrerGnat
05-02-2013, 07:57 AM
It is about time they get rid of Wishes. I am so sick of that grating song with those children singing. The show itself is rather underwhelming by today's standards. I hope they do something more similar to what Disneyland did for the 50th anniversary...make the fireworks about the parks, and not so much the old movies. I loved hearing theme park/ride sound clips and then having accompanying fireworks. That was SO cool.

Melanie
05-02-2013, 08:08 AM
It is about time they get rid of Wishes. I am so sick of that grating song with those children singing. The show itself is rather underwhelming by today's standards. I hope they do something more similar to what Disneyland did for the 50th anniversary...make the fireworks about the parks, and not so much the old movies. I loved hearing theme park/ride sound clips and then having accompanying fireworks. That was SO cool.

Agreed! I'm glad for a Wishes replacement.

Now, where are those Illuminations replacement rumors? :D

Tygger7
05-02-2013, 08:21 AM

Interesting note: When my DD20 was in training for her role as a character attendant, the CM trainer gave some interesting history on Wishes. The kids singing are actually "Make A Wish" kids...one of the kids had a wish to be involved in a Disney "show". She was recorded to be part of "Wishes", but passed away before getting to see the final show. My DD & I tried to investigate to confirm/deny whether or not this was true, but haven't been able to find anything on the true origin of Wishes. I realize it could be an urban legend, however the trainer that related the story had been at MK long before Wishes started and everything else she told the CP's checked out. Whether or not it's true, I always count my blessings whenever I watch Wishes. There are a lot of "Make A Wish" kids and families out there, and I feel very fortunate to have a healthy & happy family. Wishes just reminds me of what's really important in life. :mickey:

BrerGnat
05-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Interesting note: When my DD20 was in training for her role as a character attendant, the CM trainer gave some interesting history on Wishes. The kids singing are actually "Make A Wish" kids...one of the kids had a wish to be involved in a Disney "show". She was recorded to be part of "Wishes", but passed away before getting to see the final show. My DD & I tried to investigate to confirm/deny whether or not this was true, but haven't been able to find anything on the true origin of Wishes. I realize it could be an urban legend, however the trainer that related the story had been at MK long before Wishes started and everything else she told the CP's checked out. Whether or not it's true, I always count my blessings whenever I watch Wishes. There are a lot of "Make A Wish" kids and families out there, and I feel very fortunate to have a healthy & happy family. Wishes just reminds me of what's really important in life. :mickey:

This is an urban legend. The "little girl" who sings the Wishes song is a child soloist named Charity Farris. Her name appears on the inside CD cover of the Wishes soundtrack. She is alive and well.

This rumor has been going around for YEARS now and it's not true, thankfully. I don't understand why someone would start this kind of rumor. I think it's in very poor taste.

Regardless, the sentiment of the show is indeed very moving. I just find the singing annoying, that's all.

BriarRose0708
05-02-2013, 09:14 AM
The Jammin' Jungle Parade is one of my favorites but I never seem to last that long in AK to see it. I'm done in that park well before 4 p.m. Still, it makes me sad to think it will be gone.

Goofster
05-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Good riddance to MJJ parade...made the park a nightmare to get around in when that was rolling through.

I loved Wishes when it first debuted, but now I'm kind of bored with it. Still enjoy it, but if something new came along, I would welcome it.

BrerGnat
05-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Good riddance to MJJ parade...made the park a nightmare to get around in when that was rolling through.

I totally agree! We have been trapped TWICE by that parade, at really bad times. That park doesn't seem like it's set up for a parade. They shouldn't have one there, IMO.

DizneyFreak2002
05-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Agreed! I'm glad for a Wishes replacement.

Now, where are those Illuminations replacement rumors? :D

Sky Dance was a rumored replacement for Illuminations a few years ago...

I like Illuminations... Not because of the fireworks, lasers, or globe, but because of the music... The music, to me, is EPIC... I can sit here and listen to Illuminations (including the 30 minute long pre-show loop) all day...

I wouldn't mind a replacement as long as the music is as awesome as it is now... if they used music like Wishes, I'd have a fit... :D

Ian
05-02-2013, 02:11 PM
I like Illuminations... Not because of the fireworks, lasers, or globe, but because of the music... The music, to me, is EPIC... I can sit here and listen to Illuminations (including the 30 minute long pre-show loop) all day...:ditto:

Melanie
05-02-2013, 02:22 PM
I like Illuminations... Not because of the fireworks, lasers, or globe, but because of the music... The music, to me, is EPIC... I can sit here and listen to Illuminations (including the 30 minute long pre-show loop) all day...

I like the music too. In fact, I listen to it often. No, the music isn't the issue I have with Illuminations.

Ms. Mode
05-02-2013, 02:32 PM
I like the music too. In fact, I listen to it often. No, the music isn't the issue I have with Illuminations.

Hey! Have you ever been sitting by the Tiki Torches on a 100+ evening when they light up during Illuminations? Ugh

Quadstriker
05-02-2013, 04:17 PM

I loved Wishes when it first debuted, but now I'm kind of bored with it. Still enjoy it, but if something new came along, I would welcome it.

I totally agree! We have been trapped TWICE by that parade, at really bad times. That park doesn't seem like it's set up for a parade. They shouldn't have one there, IMO.

Seriously this.

I've seen so many guests exasperated by that parade because they can't get by, so they walk a huge detour to find out... NOPE, can't get by here either. In fact, you can't get by anywhere! Sorry! GG no RE!

Tekneek
05-02-2013, 05:34 PM
I've only seen MJJ once, and I am glad it happened to be running when we stopped by that afternoon. It was the tail end of our only trip to WDW during December. Had it been weekend only, we would never have seen it. As such, I am sorry they've decided to deprive people of the experience who might only be there during a weekday.

Main Street Jim
05-02-2013, 06:40 PM
I totally agree! We have been trapped TWICE by that parade, at really bad times. That park doesn't seem like it's set up for a parade. They shouldn't have one there, IMO.It's not - and neither was EPCOT when Tapestry of Nations/Dreams rolled out. But, I'm not sure how you were "trapped" by the parade. Most, if not all (with the exception of the Tree) of DAK's attractions are on the outside of the parade loop...

DizneyFreak2002
05-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Then what do you hate about Illuminations? The music is 99% of the show.. Without the music, you just have fireworks, lasers, and a giant globe... ;)

SBETigg
05-02-2013, 11:16 PM
I just want to thank Nat and Melanie for making me feel like my heart isn't two sizes too small because of my dislike for the Wishes music, or at least I'm not the only one. I've always found it cloying.

Melanie
05-03-2013, 06:42 AM
a giant globe...

Yeah, that thing. You know the one, along with all the other barges, that messes up World Showcase Lagoon every afternoon sitting there looking BROWN? Oh, and the most thrilling (sarcasm!) part of the show is it's sloooooooow movement out to the middle of the lagoon with video on it teaching us to be all peaceful and harmonizing. :sleepin: Thing is, I can't even make out the video anyway. :doh:

But really, as with anything in this department (parades and fireworks), it's time to move on to something new. 13 years is long enough.

BrerGnat
05-03-2013, 08:35 AM
It's not - and neither was EPCOT when Tapestry of Nations/Dreams rolled out. But, I'm not sure how you were "trapped" by the parade. Most, if not all (with the exception of the Tree) of DAK's attractions are on the outside of the parade loop...

We wanted to LEAVE the park. And, we couldn't. We literally had to stand inside a gift shop, with about a thousand other people who ALSO wanted to leave the park, and wait for the parade to pass so we could access the way out.

One of our sons was in meltdown mode, and it was bad. :( It just got worse when we were in a small, claustrophobic space surrounded by people.

BrerGnat
05-03-2013, 08:38 AM
I just want to thank Nat and Melanie for making me feel like my heart isn't two sizes too small because of my dislike for the Wishes music, or at least I'm not the only one. I've always found it cloying.

We are not the only three. My husband, sister, friend I often travel with. They ALL hate that stupid song. I'm sure there are many more among us...

I often listen to WDW music through Live365 while I'm doing housework. Whenever that song comes on, I change the channel. I just can't handle it.

BrerGnat
05-03-2013, 08:40 AM
...with video on it teaching us to be all peaceful and harmonizing...

Wait...there is a VIDEO being shown on that globe? :confused: All I see is the pretty lights.

:rotfl:

I do love Illuminations, but I admit, that is the part of the show where I whip out my cell phone and check my Facebook, play a couple levels of Bejeweled, etc.

BriarRose0708
05-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Wishes is cute and I'm always into fireworks of any kind, but the music is outdated. Although I will wholeheartedly admit I love to belt out the totally 90's R&B-ish version of the post-show music :sing:

DizneyFreak2002
05-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Yeah, that thing. You know the one, along with all the other barges, that messes up World Showcase Lagoon every afternoon sitting there looking BROWN? Oh, and the most thrilling (sarcasm!) part of the show is it's sloooooooow movement out to the middle of the lagoon with video on it teaching us to be all peaceful and harmonizing. :sleepin: Thing is, I can't even make out the video anyway. :doh:

But really, as with anything in this department (parades and fireworks), it's time to move on to something new. 13 years is long enough.

My personal wish: remove the globe and add in water features from World of Color... Would probably be much clearer, much larger, and they can do some wonderful things with the video technology...

azcavalier
05-03-2013, 11:44 AM
My personal wish: remove the globe and add in water features from World of Color... Would probably be much clearer, much larger, and they can do some wonderful things with the video technology...

Amen. Just look at what they do to Cinderella Castle every night. I'm amazed at the projection system used in Celebrate the Magic. They project onto what might be the most complex surface possible...curves, angles, protuberances, cones, etc. And there is no bleed-over, and it's HD. It's stunning. They could do something so much better in the World Showcase Lagoon. I mean, 17 years ago, I saw Fantasmic at Disneyland, and they projected onto spraying water. I'm certain that they could do something like that here, and it would be much easier to see.

kakn7294
05-03-2013, 11:50 AM
I like the Jammin Jungle parade BUT I hate how it clogs up half of AK and if you get stuck in the wrong place when it's going through, forget about going anywhere - you're stuck where you're at until it's over. I wouldn't miss it.

I'd love to see MSEP go bye-bye. I HATE it.

I do love Illuminations but it could probably use some sprucing up too. I am ready for a change with Wishes.

PirateLover
05-03-2013, 01:38 PM
DisneyFreak, good thinking!!! Generally I'm not a fan of the parks just copying ideas/attractions, but I would LOVE for WDW to have some kind of version of World of Color. I never thought about how elements could fit into lluminations/World Showcase Lagoon before.

While I like Illuminations on the whole, I totally agree with Mel about the barges and globe being an eyesore when not in use, and with Nat about the globe being pretty much useless.

I fell head over heels for World of Color when we went to Disneyland. Watching it on YouTube gives you a good idea but nothing compares to watching it in person. Love love love World of Color!!! :D:cloud9:

waymickey
05-03-2013, 02:29 PM
I am ready for all new parades and fireworks. I have not stayed for any of them in recent years.

I did enjoy one parade a few years back that ended in front of the castle at MK and the characters came down and danced. Streamers in many colors floated down and there was an oppurtunity to do more than just see a character. I do not know the name since I happened past it one afternoon leaving the park.

I like the idea of not copying World of Color but creating something that used some of that technology In EPCOT.

DizneyFreak2002
05-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Amen. Just look at what they do to Cinderella Castle every night. I'm amazed at the projection system used in Celebrate the Magic. They project onto what might be the most complex surface possible...curves, angles, protuberances, cones, etc. And there is no bleed-over, and it's HD. It's stunning. They could do something so much better in the World Showcase Lagoon. I mean, 17 years ago, I saw Fantasmic at Disneyland, and they projected onto spraying water. I'm certain that they could do something like that here, and it would be much easier to see.

I was skeptical of the Castle show, until I saw it in person.. it is fantastic... And has recently been upgraded/updated so it should be even better... The projection technology has come a long way since Fantasmic... Time to use it...

DisneyFreak, good thinking!!! Generally I'm not a fan of the parks just copying ideas/attractions, but I would LOVE for WDW to have some kind of version of World of Color. I never thought about how elements could fit into lluminations/World Showcase Lagoon before.

While I like Illuminations on the whole, I totally agree with Mel about the barges and globe being an eyesore when not in use, and with Nat about the globe being pretty much useless.

I fell head over heels for World of Color when we went to Disneyland. Watching it on YouTube gives you a good idea but nothing compares to watching it in person. Love love love World of Color!!! :D:cloud9:

I'm not talking about a version of World of Color for Epcot to replace Illuminations.. I mean just the technology: water based projections... Yes, they do they in Fantasmic... But, the technology used in Fantasmic is out dated...

Bring some of the technology for WoC to Illuminations, get rid of the globe, keep the epic soundtrack and it remains the best night time show in WDW...

Oh, and I don't know if I can agree with some here who think the Wishes song is stupid... Dated, yes... Am I tired of it? Sure... But it does hold a lot of sentimental value for a lot of people... I'd pick a better choice of words than stupid...

PirateLover
05-03-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm not talking about a version of World of Color for Epcot to replace Illuminations.. I mean just the technology: water based projections... Yes, they do they in Fantasmic... But, the technology used in Fantasmic is out dated...

Bring some of the technology for WoC to Illuminations, get rid of the globe, keep the epic soundtrack and it remains the best night time show in WDW...

I knew what you meant!!! I didn't mean bring the WoC show in full either. I just love the dancing waters and I agree, I think that technology could be worked into a new and improved Illuminations show. WoC is leaps and bounds better than Fantasmic with the water based projections.

Melanie
05-03-2013, 05:35 PM
WoC is leaps and bounds better than Fantasmic with the water based projections.

Agreed, and I love Fantasmic!. I also think this technology would be wonderful at Epcot.

Fangorn
05-03-2013, 06:30 PM
The music, to me, is EPIC... I can sit here and listen to Illuminations (including the 30 minute long pre-show loop) all day...

I'm with you on this. Throw in the soundtrack to Tapestry of Nations (same composer as Illuminations, BTW) and I'm very happy for over an hour :thumbsup:

Steve

DizneyFreak2002
05-03-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm surprised no one has questioned why Disney would spend the money on a refurb/rebuild of MSEP instead of SpectroMagic... We know floats are damaged beyond repair in Spectro, but since they will be rebuilding MSEP floats, couldn't they just rebuild Spectro damaged beyond repair floats?

Gives me a funny suspicion that a new night time parade is in the works.. MSEP will be a place holder as more funds are diverted to MK night time entertainment (new fireworks and night time parade)... Yes, what I am saying is, it would be cheaper to rebuild MSEP than rebuild SpectroMagic...

taleasoldastime
05-04-2013, 02:15 AM
Wishes is one thing im ok with them NOT changing. I absolutely love it. I get choked up every time!
As for the parades, I would prefer anything over MSEP. The music is so horrific. I understand it has sentimental value, but spectromagic is way better. Im hoping at the least they redo spectro, and at the most, I hope they make a new parade.

Tekneek
05-04-2013, 04:45 AM
I like MSEP just fine. There will be a new one in the not-too-distant future and rebuilding MSEP gives them something to ship out for a tour of the newer parks when a new WDW parade is ready.

eandrsmom
05-05-2013, 10:48 PM
I guess I missed something, What caused the Spectro floats to be damaged?

DizneyFreak2002
05-05-2013, 11:14 PM
I guess I missed something, What caused the Spectro floats to be damaged?

Weather, termites...

TracyL
05-06-2013, 10:28 PM
... is it's sloooooooow movement out to the middle of the lagoon with video on it teaching us to be all peaceful and harmonizing.

Evidently you've never watched it from off-angle. If you're watching it come toward you (or away from you), it is gliding slowly and serenely, yes. If you are watching it from the side, that thing is HAULING across the water!

I think it does help if you can follow the story the globe is telling. The whole show is telling a story, just like Fantasmic! does -- and if you know the story, it makes an otherwise slightly bewildering and disjointed show come together a bit better.

I agree with others that the IllumiNations pre-show music, show music and Tapestry parade music are some of the best. (Although the parts of Tapestry of Dreams with the overly dramatic kids talking about "showing us your dreams" make Wishes look positively cynical by contrast!)

Terra
05-08-2013, 12:10 PM
I seriously must be a weirdo :blush: Everytime I read threads and similar things here, I'm in disbelief at the negative stuff said about Disney/Disney shows.

I go all the time [at least 2x a month], and I LOVE the shows!! Love Wishes, love Illuminations [even love the globe with the amazing pictures from all over the world], etc, etc.

I'm just transportated to another world full of magic as well as my children everytime we go.
And I agree with a previous poster about getting choked up sometimes. I seriously tear up everytime I see Wishes, Illuminations, or Fantasmic. I just don't see mucy negative about the Happiest Place on Earth :mickey:

The good news is diversity of opinion makes the world go around :D

ValenciaCalling
05-08-2013, 01:56 PM
'Dreams Come Alive'...kind of has a forboding sound to it...like a nightmare about zombies or something.. ;)

Melanie
05-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Evidently you've never watched it from off-angle. If you're watching it come toward you (or away from you), it is gliding slowly and serenely, yes. If you are watching it from the side, that thing is HAULING across the water!

I think it does help if you can follow the story the globe is telling. The whole show is telling a story, just like Fantasmic! does -- and if you know the story, it makes an otherwise slightly bewildering and disjointed show come together a bit better.

In the past 13 years, I've seen the show from many places throughout the lagoon, and actually don't think I've ever been in the position of it coming right towards me. That part of the show is just painfully slow for me. It is what it is.

I realize there is a story being told. I think it's just too heavy for me. I like light, happy, "Disney" on my Disney vacation. :D

But again, I go back to my original post on this. I like new shows/parades/etc. Some things just go on too long.

DizneyFreak2002
05-08-2013, 09:17 PM
But again, I go back to my original post on this. I like new shows/parades/etc. Some things just go on too long.

Totally agree... Which is the reason why i say WDW is stale... Been there, done that, nothing new? Why go back?

Fantasmic used to be my favorite show... now? I hope they rip it out, tear it to shreds and go with something new... Never mind that they have allowed the show to pretty much rot... it is old, and tired and needs to be replaced...

DizneyFreak2002
05-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Some more rumors to chew on:

A parade called Ring of Fire in the works for Animal Kingdom to replace Jammin Jungle...

A night time show to DAK which will get its own amphitheater and be similar to World of Color, but with a different theme...

cer
05-09-2013, 08:35 AM

A parade called Ring of Fire in the works for Animal Kingdom to replace Jammin Jungle...

A night time show to DAK which will get its own amphitheater and be similar to World of Color, but with a different theme...

:thumbsup:

This sounds great. I would love to see that park stay open in the evenings.

Melanie
05-09-2013, 08:38 AM

Cue Johnny Cash.....

Actually, a nighttime "World of Color" technology type show would be cool here. I'd like to see AK stay open later, but there just isn't a draw after 3pm. A couple more TS restaurants and a nighttime show would certainly improve that.

BriarRose0708
05-09-2013, 09:13 AM

I. Love. This. Animal Kingdom at night is something I've only experienced once back when they did nighttime EMH. Riding Everest in the dark is SO much better than the daytime and the whole Asia area of the park is absolutely gorgeous when the lights are on. Nighttime entertainment there would be fabulous, but the one complaint I had about AK at night is that they shut down the Africa section. Understandably do because you can't ride the safari in the dark or walk the trek because they take the animals in. As a result, Asia and Dinoland were dang crowded since those are the only two places to go and neither FOTLK or Nemo were playing during EMH. Hopefully they will ad a show and like Mel said another table service place to spread out the guests. Once Pandoraland or whatever is open, I would see that being a draw at night, too.

DizneyFreak2002
05-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Cue Johnny Cash.....

Actually, a nighttime "World of Color" technology type show would be cool here. I'd like to see AK stay open later, but there just isn't a draw after 3pm. A couple more TS restaurants and a nighttime show would certainly improve that.

Some Johnny Cash music may add some life to DAK.. :)

CaptSmee
05-11-2013, 10:07 PM
They are so overdue for new fireworks at magic kingdom and parade as well

Gator
05-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Thing is, I can't even make out the video anyway. :doh:

Then you need glasses like me. Amazing what I can see with a thin piece of plastic in front of my eyes. I've never had trouble seeing it, even when it was the old screens. As for Illuminations, I like the "lull" in the show. It adds to the "art" of the show. You can't have blazing fire for 15 straight minutes.

As for Wishes, I'd hate to see it go. It was such a vast improvement over Fantasy in the Sky. I'm sure the replacement will be great, but I hope it's not full of theme park ride music. Then it's like a book report/recap of the day.

thejens
05-20-2013, 12:26 AM
I love Wishes so much, I can't bear to see it go. :( It is my happiest moment of my WDW trip. It is to me, the most "Walt" of WDW.
Illuminations and Spectro are cool, but not essential. Wishes has always been a necessity!!!

I also would have to say that the AK parade is the only parade I really like. I am not a big parade fan. Never a big fan of spectro. Seeing a parade once is PLENTY for me. I like them because they take everyone off the rides. But if they are coming up with a new one for AK I'll watch it.

I truly hope they will keep Wishes, maybe at least once a week?

PirateLover
05-20-2013, 01:01 AM
Then you need glasses like me. Amazing what I can see with a thin piece of plastic in front of my eyes. I've never had trouble seeing it, even when it was the old screens.

I think you have to be in the right spot. I have what my doctor has labeled "eagle eyed" vision (much better than the average 20/20). My family often makes a game of seeing how far away I can read an upcoming road sign; yet, I sometimes struggle to figure out what is happening on that darn globe. There are moments of clarity, sure, but if you are far away, most of it is what I would call visual gibberish.

Melanie
05-20-2013, 05:40 AM
As for Illuminations, I like the "lull" in the show. It adds to the "art" of the show. You can't have blazing fire for 15 straight minutes.

:sleepin: Sorry. 'Tis what makes the world go 'round. Time for something new!!

I think you have to be in the right spot. I have what my doctor has labeled "eagle eyed" vision (much better than the average 20/20). My family often makes a game of seeing how far away I can read an upcoming road sign; yet, I sometimes struggle to figure out what is happening on that darn globe. There are moments of clarity, sure, but if you are far away, most of it is what I would call visual gibberish.

Exactly! I have excellent vision far away, and always have. That globe is not clear.

BrerGnat
05-20-2013, 08:14 AM
You can't have blazing fire for 15 straight minutes.

Why not? That would be awesome. :D

The best part of Illuminations is when there is blazing fire, and so many fireworks erupting that you can read by the light they produce.

princessgirls
05-20-2013, 10:07 AM
I personally enjoy Wishes, and Illuminations, but that is just me...

I know that all good things must come to an end, and a new and improved nighttime fireworks will be a welcome addition to the parks.

The Dream a Dream parade needs to go...I'm glad there will be a new parade next year.

Funny....My husband can't stand Wishes. He has a whole song that he made up for it..."Wishing I was back in my room" I have not let that deter me from seeing it. We divide and conquer often at night!! I found myself back in the Magic Kingdom for 4 of our 7 night stay in November. Love me some Wishes!!!
Julie

big blue and hairy
05-22-2013, 09:00 PM

I completely agree. I have the Illuminations show music as well as a bunch of the pre-show music and Tapestry of Nations on my ipod. :D

:sulley:

DizneyFreak2002
05-26-2013, 04:03 AM
I think we need some updating...

CarsLand for WDW, not going to happen... Instead, we may be seeing a huge Star Wars land instead... it would swallow up the area around Star Tours, including the Indy stunt show and up to Echo Lake... The land would be like CarsLand in DCA: you enter the Star Wars universe... One huge ride, a few smaller rides, a dining option... All encased in the star Wars world... (If this is the plan, I say YES PLEASE!!!)...

Ring of Fire parade in DAK rumor: seems like we may have to throw water on it... May not be an option anymore... Jammin Jungle Parade is still ending after this year though...

EPCOT: More dining/drinking could be coming...

Mrs Bus Driver
05-26-2013, 10:35 AM
First let me say that I would like a Star Wars Land. But I can only see that working if the next movie does extremely well. IMHO the prequels were awful movies and while I love the original trilogy its old. I believe the next one is going to have to knock everyone's socks off or it will kill the series. I know others feel differently but this is how I feel. There were too many special effects and not enough character development in the prequels. I never got to like any of the characters and the plots were confusing :confused:. So I guess I'll wait and see.

CuteAsMinnie
05-26-2013, 07:25 PM
I think we need some updating...

CarsLand for WDW, not going to happen... Instead, we may be seeing a huge Star Wars land instead... it would swallow up the area around Star Tours, including the Indy stunt show and up to Echo Lake... The land would be like CarsLand in DCA: you enter the Star Wars universe... One huge ride, a few smaller rides, a dining option... All encased in the star Wars world... (If this is the plan, I say

:ack:

Sorry.

Star Wars and Avatarland = no thank you for us.

CaptSmee
06-21-2013, 11:43 AM
It's not - and neither was EPCOT when Tapestry of Nations/Dreams rolled out. But, I'm not sure how you were "trapped" by the parade. Most, if not all (with the exception of the Tree) of DAK's attractions are on the outside of the parade loop...

....and in pure Disney fashion its very easy to navigate around the parade going through the empty gift shops during the parade. We never have had an issue getting from point A to point B during the parade

DizneyFreak2002
06-25-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm putting this in the rumor section since nothing has been confirmed... But:

EMH will continue to fade away through 2014 and be gone 2015, according to some...

Oh, and some wonderful (not really) news has come from someone regarding FP+... Let's just say, this is a disaster in the making... No, not a rumor...

Butters
06-26-2013, 10:08 AM
If EMH goes away they better come up with some other perk to entice guests to stay on property... If the only remaining perk is transportation it'll be even harder to justify Disneys inflated prices.

Stu29573
06-26-2013, 06:36 PM
I always preferred Fantasy in the Sky to Wishes. I liked the way snippets of ride music were used. Great stuff!

DizneyFreak2002
06-26-2013, 06:56 PM
If EMH goes away they better come up with some other perk to entice guests to stay on property... If the only remaining perk is transportation it'll be even harder to justify Disneys inflated prices.

Let's see what will be the perk once EMH goes away... How about a nice shiny plastic house arrest band???? Not good enough since even off site guests will get them too??? ok, then how about... BOOKING YOUR FP+ AN EXTRA 10 DAYS BEFORE OFFSITE GUESTS?????? Does that tickle your funny bone?? Does that make you say GEE WHIZ BOOKING FP+ 60 DAYS PLUS 10 IS TOTALLY WORTH $800 A NIGHT!!!!!!!

Truth is, you won't get any perks anymore... Now, tell me, is WDW still worth the price??? See how you continue to pay more and get less???