PDA

View Full Version : Personalized ornaments at Disney's Days of Christmas at DTD....

ASweetLov
04-30-2013, 06:18 PM
I wanted to have a couple of ornaments personalized for me on my next trip. How long does it usually take them to personalize an ornament?

Strmchsr
04-30-2013, 08:52 PM
It depends on how busy they are. Sometimes it's that afternoon and sometimes it can be a day or two.

ASweetLov
05-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Thank you very much for responding! Since I will be there 10 days and going to DTD for dinner several times I will be getting a few ornaments personalized :mickey:

Capt_redshirt
05-01-2013, 12:16 PM
since you are staying at a resort (and correct me if im wrong) but they could just resort transfer your items to POP once they are done. they are very good about fragile items. ive never had a broken item come to me

ASweetLov
05-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Thank you for letting me know that Capt_Redshirt ! I will ask if they are able to do that for me

Sylvia
05-11-2013, 12:16 AM
On several occasions, I've purchased personalized ornaments and had them sent to my resort. When I picked up my package at my resort gift shop and checked the ornaments, I was very pleased. The personalization was great, and they were wrapped carefully. They were in perfect condition. I re-wrapped them and carefully packed them in the middle of my suitcase, and they made it home safely.

Make sure you purchase them well before your check-out date. It usually takes a day or two, so you will want to be sure that the package arrives at your resort by the day before you check out.

doombuggy
05-11-2013, 07:00 AM
I work there but am not one of the artists.
My best advice to you is to go early in the morning to place your order. There are usually 2 artists on duty and they take turns going to lunch - one at 12 and one at 1pm. The "night shift" comes in late3r in the afternoon (usually 3 or 3:30, depending on store closing time) so there is a short period in the day when we have 4 artists on duty at a time. Pick your ornament with a smooth surface to write on and head up to the register where the sign says "Personalization." Place your order to pick up later or if you choose shipped to your resort. We require an extra day for resort shipping because the item(s) goes to the artist then needs to be wrapped up before going to the area staged for ship outs pick up. Say you were staying on property and at a store on property today, with a check out date of Monday. Today would be the last day for you to be able to ship to your resort, as the items should show up at the gift shop tomorrow afternoon. However because of the nature of personalization (as described above), we would not ship to the resort in this example, in case it did not make it to your resort prior to check out.

Last weekend we did have the wedding ornament, not sure about currently.

ASweetLov
05-11-2013, 08:24 AM
Thank you so much for all the information doombuggy! I am planning on putting in the order on the first day I go to DTD, which should be my second day on property. Not sure if I want the ornamennt to be delivered to my resort or I would pick up at a later date since I will be going back to DTD 2 times after that! :mickey:

disneymom2000
06-10-2013, 05:57 PM
I have had this done each visit to Disney. I like to pick my ornaments up because then I can inspect them at that time. The only problem I have ever had was that once I saw them I wanted to get more. :blush:
Usually if it is a really fragile ornament, I take it back on the plane with me in a carry on shopping bag.