PDA

View Full Version : Mickys halloween party

VaderGirl
04-29-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi,
just wondering how the halloween party works? do u have to wear a costume , do kids have to wear a costume? do they go trik or treating in park? thank u :)

Camping Mom
04-29-2013, 10:23 PM
No, you don't HAVE to wear a costume but it sure is fun! The first time we were there on Halloween, we didn't wear a costume because we didn't know anything about it. The next time was the night our son got married on the beach at the Swan and Dolphin. Instead of a reception, we all went to the Not So Scary party. We all dressed up because so many do. It is a lot of fun.

There are check point type areas all over the MK where you go thru a line and get candy. If you don't have a bag, one is given to you as you enter. It is a lot of fun and you get more than enough candy.

Enjoy!!

VaderGirl
04-29-2013, 10:29 PM
sounds fun! do grown ups get candy too? are the rides open? also i read its an extra ticket or something right? hank you again

DizneyFreak2002
04-29-2013, 10:49 PM
sounds fun! do grown ups get candy too? are the rides open? also i read its an extra ticket or something right? hank you again

MNSSHP is a ticketed event.. So even if you have theme park passes for that day, you need to purchase a MNSSHP ticket...

Yes, adults can trick or treat, many do... Rides are open...

Pirate Granny
04-30-2013, 07:31 AM
I always trick or treat...people at work wait for the candy after I attend the party! I've started to just wear a costume hat, rather than full costume...easier to get in and out of rides...unless you are a sweet young thing with those "mini costumes":confused:

TFrauts
05-01-2013, 10:12 PM
The last time we went to mnsshp, my husband and I were the youngest in our party(25ish)... We took my grandparents and uncles for my grandparents 63rd wedding anniversary. We all just dressed up "Hawaiian" with lots of glow sticks, etc. we weren't there to trick or treat... But we still ended up with a TON of candy without trying!
We have been to WDW MANY times, but by far Halloween is my VERRRRY favorite. I work at a school so it's really hard for me to take time off during that time... But I would go to the MNSSHP every year if I could! Lines are really small, and I am from Canada... So Halloween without snowsuits and/or winter coats is AMAZING!

linedropper
05-01-2013, 10:53 PM
My 2 cents,

Might be wrong but the first time we did it in 2008 it seemed to be more then 5 hours. More like 8! We were there 2 years ago and it did not seem worth it. there was not enough time to do anything. Guess thats the way they like it!:mickey:

KylesMom
05-07-2013, 10:20 AM
Attended the Halloween Party for the first time this fall during ICOT 15. Dressed up as Angelica from PoTC and had a blast. It's the one time during the year that adults can dress up, and there were many who did. It's not cheap, but I had gone with the expectation that I was there to see the parade, fireworks, and catch a few of my favorite attractions with my INTERCOT friends. While I didn't trick-or-treat, I sure had a good time! :mickey:

Main Street Jim
05-07-2013, 09:46 PM
My 2 cents,

Might be wrong but the first time we did it in 2008 it seemed to be more then 5 hours. More like 8! We were there 2 years ago and it did not seem worth it. there was not enough time to do anything. Guess thats the way they like it!:mickey:Well, what they've been doing the past several years is letting guests in to the Party nights starting at 4:00pm with *just* your party tickets (and not using up a day on your "regular" park tickets).

If you get in at 4:00, every guest with a party ticket will get a wristband, and at 7:00, every guest with*OUT* a band will be asked to leave the park. Between 4:00 and 7:00 is a GREAT time to hit up your bigger attractions (the Mountains, etc.) without having to use a Fastpass, as most day guests are aware they need to be out of the park by 7 and clear out after the 3:00 parade. Then, at about 7:45 or so, grab a spot for the parade, then fireworks later on. In between, hit up some of the trick-or-treating locations (when I last worked at the park, we had over a dozen locations throughout the park).

Costumes are NOT required, but sure do make it fun :) My son's "costume" one year was a Tower of Terror FastPass machine, and my (ex) wife and I went as Main Street Electrical Parade :mickey:

CanadaLovesDisney
05-11-2013, 02:06 PM
We had a blast the year we went! We hope to make it back for anothrr halloween party one day :mickey:
Highly recommend!

VaderGirl
05-11-2013, 04:34 PM
thank you all so much for responding
just curious, what type of candy do they give out?:party:

thejens
05-11-2013, 11:34 PM
What am I missing? For 59.00 each, we get to dress up and trick or treat (something I can do for free in my neighborhood) and there are special fireworks? I am not really a big parade person. Just wondering why I would want to do this? I am leaning against it, but just wondering if there is something I am not thinking of?

MrPeetrie
05-12-2013, 07:17 AM
The firework show is NOT Wishes. It is done to Halloween music, (which is available on their Events CD).

The Halloween Parade is our favorite parade. And it's preceded by a jaunt from the Headless Horseman through the Magic Kingdom.

The Atmosphere is electric throughout the park and I suggest doing it at least once. For us, it's a "must-do" event if we're there in October.

Main Street Jim
05-12-2013, 01:31 PM
What am I missing? For 59.00 each, we get to dress up and trick or treat (something I can do for free in my neighborhood) and there are special fireworks? I am not really a big parade person. Just wondering why I would want to do this? I am leaning against it, but just wondering if there is something I am not thinking of?Yeah, but how often do you get to Trick-or-Treat *at* the Magic Kingdom, at Splash Mountain, at Carousel of Progress, at Tomorrowland Speedway, *at the Haunted Mansion* ON Hallowe'en? :thumbsup: :mickey:

The firework show is NOT Wishes. It is done to Halloween music, (which is available on their Events CD). "Happy HalloWishes" is probably my *favorite* "holiday" fireworks. During the parade is the best time to either hit your bigger/favorite rides, or hit up some candy! But - again, the Boo-to-You parade is probably my favorite holiday parade - especially with the Haunted Mansion zombies and grave-diggers and their "shovel dance" routine! The Headless Horseman adds a nice ambiance as well!

It's also not very often that the Disney Villians get their own Castle show and meet 'n greets!:thedolls::thedolls:

thank you all so much for responding
just curious, what type of candy do they give out?:party:All kinds :) Chocolate, Sweetarts, Airheads...you name it...

vamaggie
05-12-2013, 01:41 PM
THe last time we were at the MNSSHP(07) it seemed to be much less crowded than other nights at MK. The kids really loved to trick or treat, see the different characters who aren't always out (villains especially) and ride the rides with the added "spookiness". The fireworks and parade were worth it for us (does Think still take the night off and have a "sub" fly down?). Yes it's a bit pricey but would rather do the party and skip something else if needed.

mom2morgan
05-12-2013, 06:03 PM
What am I missing? For 59.00 each, we get to dress up and trick or treat (something I can do for free in my neighborhood) and there are special fireworks? I am not really a big parade person. Just wondering why I would want to do this? I am leaning against it, but just wondering if there is something I am not thinking of?
Hoping I don't spontaneously combust or something, but my daughter and I went last year and...well, I could probably find something else to do with the money. It WAS fun seeing all the costumes, but I found it very crowded. It didn't help that it was pouring rain - absolutely ridiculous, had to close a couple rides. Ordinarily if I'm at a park and the weather is foul I do something else and return on a sunnier day. With the party, you're kinda locked in. I'm not saying we didn't have fun - we DID - but once was enough.

Main Street Jim
05-13-2013, 08:55 PM
THe last time we were at the MNSSHP(07) it seemed to be much less crowded than other nights at MK. The kids really loved to trick or treat, see the different characters who aren't always out (villains especially) and ride the rides with the added "spookiness". The fireworks and parade were worth it for us (does Think still take the night off and have a "sub" fly down?). Yes it's a bit pricey but would rather do the party and skip something else if needed.Great thing about the parties is, the number of tickets to the parties *are* limited - to about what a good summer daytime crowd is (normally about 30,000). There are *some* nights that don't sell as well (mostly early in the week - Mon or Tue), so it doesn't seem as crowded as a sold-out night. Halloween night nearly *always* sells out as soon as dates are announced; most of the time, any date *after* Halloween (early November) are usually very light.

As far as I know, the witch flies during "Happy Hallowishes".