PDA

View Full Version : Shop in Japan at Epcot?

DizMagic
04-29-2013, 09:23 AM
It seems like by the time we reach the Japan pavilion at Epcot that we run out of time and end up bypassing that area.

We are thinking about eating at Teppen Edo this time around and taking time to explore the shop that's there. Do you know if it's one or two stories? Also, I read something about pearls at the store. Do you know anything about that? Is there a can't-miss souvenir at this store? Thanks for your help.

barbiegirl314
04-29-2013, 09:59 AM
Yes, they have a water tank where you pick out an oyster and they have a pearl in it (one time when we were there the woman next to me got two pearls in her oyster, I guess that is VERY rare)

You can then have your pearl set into a piece of jewlery if you'd like. One time I had mine set into a pendant.

My boys like to shop there because they have all the toys from Pokemon and Mario Bros there b/c that's where those brands were created

DisneyDINK
04-29-2013, 11:40 AM
In an age where there are 500 gift shops at WDW and they all have the SAME STUFF the store at the Japan pavilion is a really nice change of pace. I recommend checking it out at least once.

Capt_redshirt
04-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Its one story but its rather big there are a few different sections to it and by far one of my favorite shops to be in. i usually start in the far back entrance to the store. thats where you will find a sake tasting and all the snacks and drinks that make japan different. (my favorite is pocky or pretz) they also have tea pots and sake sets there too. in the next area there are prints and bonzai trees followed by kimonos and yukatas (a summer version of a kimono) there is also books and current fashions in the next area... the find a pearl is near the window followed by kids toys (hello kitty and pokemon being most popular there)

teppan edo and tokyo dining are above this store so as soon as you get out take the stair up to get to the restaurant

Main Street Jim
04-29-2013, 07:47 PM
The store is owned and operated by Mitsukoshi - one of the oldest (founded in 1673!) and largest department stores/chains in Japan (with stores all over the world), from what I understand. The musical clocks are absolutely *beautiful* - some even play some Disney tunes :mickey: I also like the "toy" section - plastic model kits from Tamiya and others, even some failry high-end radio controlled stuff. The food/snack store is pretty cool for some different stuff.