PDA

View Full Version : Making reservations when you dont know your vacation dates

taleasoldastime
04-29-2013, 01:02 AM
So me and my brother have discussed a trip in January but since he is in the military and could go under way at any time, we will not know when he can take leave until a month or two before.
Obviously, this can mess up ADRs. Especially since I am desperate to get him and his wife to experience Be Our Guest dinner. I was wondering, if you know you will be going SOMETIME in January, could you make an ADR 180 days out each week and then when January gets closer and you know exactly which week you will go, you cancel the ADRS for the weeks you wont be there?
Is this selfish and ridiculous? or is this possible?

DizneyRox
04-29-2013, 07:08 AM
It is possible to do what you are describing... Probably not going to make many people happy with it, but it's within the confines of the ADR process.

LVT
04-29-2013, 07:40 AM
Remember to cancel. The fees could add up. This sounds fine. It is not an abuse of the system like multiple reservations for 1 meal time.:thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
04-29-2013, 07:45 AM
If you book four weeks, and then cancel three, most likely you will make some people happy to snatch a last minute reservation for BOG...it's expensive if you forget to cancel though!

Strmchsr
04-29-2013, 07:48 AM
:ditto: The system wouldn't prevent you from doing that, but it's certainly not very courteous to others who might be desperate to get an ADR.

BrerGnat
04-29-2013, 08:08 AM
I bet you wouldn't even be able to get an ADR for every day like that. People are still having trouble scoring even ONE ADR in a week for BOG dinner.

I agree that it would be rather discourteous to do that. Maybe make ONE ADR per WEEK in January, because if you definitely go in January, you will be there one of those days. Maybe try to reserve for dinner every Wednesday in January, or something like that. It would be easier to keep track of the ones you need to cancel and much more courteous to others trying to eat there.

taleasoldastime
04-29-2013, 02:20 PM
I bet you wouldn't even be able to get an ADR for every day like that. People are still having trouble scoring even ONE ADR in a week for BOG dinner.

I agree that it would be rather discourteous to do that. Maybe make ONE ADR per WEEK in January, because if you definitely go in January, you will be there one of those days. Maybe try to reserve for dinner every Wednesday in January, or something like that. It would be easier to keep track of the ones you need to cancel and much more courteous to others trying to eat there.

yes, i was thinking one a week. definitely not one every day. thats a lot of work! haha

i know it is kind of discourteous to others trying to get reservations. I do feel bad about that. on the other hand, it does make someone else happy when I cancel the ones i wont use and someone unexpectedly gets a reservation there last second.