PDA

View Full Version : Character Meal

thejens
04-29-2013, 12:22 AM
In the past I have scheduled lots of character meals. Now that my boys are getting older (sniff, sniff) they are not excited about character meals. I'd like to do at least one (for me, really) during our upcoming trip. Any suggestions for best boy-friendly character meal? We are staying at Wilderness Lodge. I think on our Magic Kingdom Day we will do the counter service at Be Our guest.

Does Animal Kindom still have the characters at Tusker House for breakfast? I love Tusker House. The kids like Sci Fi the Studios. It seems there aren't as many character dinners as breakfasts?

AgentC
04-29-2013, 12:36 AM
Tusker House has characters for breakfast and lunch. It is one of my favorite characters meals. Classic characters and a nice variety of food.

For boys , I'm assuming you don't want a princess meal. For breakfast that leaves you with Chef Mickey's , Tusker House, Cape May or Ohana. Lunch would be Tusker House. Dinner Garden Grill or Chef Mickey's.They all have a mix of Mickey or other fan five characters except Ohana also has Lilo and Stitch.

Other non princess options include the Crystal Palace but it is Winnie the Pooh characters or 1900 Park Fare breakfast which is Pooh & Tigger, Mary Poppins, Alice, & the Mad Hatter.

Pirate Granny
04-29-2013, 07:43 AM
1900 park Faire, has Alice in wonderland and the Mad Hatter...great breakfast,

Davy Crockett
04-29-2013, 02:45 PM
I would suggest either the Tusker House or Ohana's for Breakfast (since they're boys) and Tusker House for Lunch.

For Dinner have you ever thought about the Mickey's Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness Campground it features Mickey, Minnie, Chip 'n' Dale, and Goofy, along with a live country band and line dancing. It about the same price as any other Character dinner with Adults costing $49.91 and Children 3-9 $28.74. Since you're staying at the Wilderness Lodge just take the boat / launch straight over to the campground.
And when you're done (time permitting in your schedule) you could wander over and roast marshmallows and watch a movie at Chip & Dales campfire sing a long.
I think your entire family might enjoy this if you've never done this.