PDA

View Full Version : Disney Rewards Card

AirlineGuy07
04-28-2013, 04:13 PM
We will have our Disney Reward Card with us on a trip next month and was wondering if we need to have it with us all the time to pay for meals or can I just use it to pay off our meals at check out? Do you have to have a credit card down to have charging privileges on you key to the world card? I don't want the charges to go on my cc because I want to pay with rewards card at check out. We will be staying at AK and BC. Thanks!

MargaretMessler
04-28-2013, 05:02 PM
We will have our Disney Reward Card with us on a trip next month and was wondering if we need to have it with us all the time to pay for meals or can I just use it to pay off our meals at check out? Do you have to have a credit card down to have charging privileges on you key to the world card? I don't want the charges to go on my cc because I want to pay with rewards card at check out. We will be staying at AK and BC. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it has to be a credit or debit card, but I don't think they charge it every day or every purchase, just when you get to a certain amount. If you can't use your Rewards card as your "charging privilege" card, then maybe you can find out what the limit is where they process the charge and then just stop in to the front desk when you think you've gotten close to pay down your balance?

faline
04-28-2013, 05:39 PM
You need to put a credit card down in order to have chargining priveleges. However, you can pay your final bill by another means rather than having it go to your credit card. Depending on how much you charge and how long you stay, you may need to stay in touch with the front desk on this one. On a recent trip to a Disney resort, we put a credit card down, charged to our room during the stay, and then paid the balance owed when we checked out with a combination of Disney gift cards and travelers' checks.

LVT
04-29-2013, 07:47 AM
I pay each day or so in order to avoid the credit card being used. We stay at POP and the lower limit is easy to hit. I pay with rewards points first and when gone, I use gift cards. You can even put them in your account ahead of time, like a positive balance. Just don't over do that since it is not retrievable if unused.
Enjoy the trip!:party:

brivers222
05-07-2013, 02:53 PM
we go down every three days or so and pay off our charges with the disney rewards card in the past... this year though with the new benefit of being able to apply your rewards dollars to airfare, we are doing that!

KylesMom
05-08-2013, 12:35 AM
I believe they can apply the rewards card up front as a credit to your account, but I am not positive, as there have been so many changes in recent years. Make it clear at check-in what your intentions are on how you want to take care of the final bill.

As mentioned, It may be beneficial for you to go to the front desk each evening and pay the days' balance off to ensure that the proper charges have been added to your account and that the proper payment tool is on record. No different really than if you were leaving cash at the desk.