PDA

View Full Version : best desserts

steph436
04-27-2013, 08:50 PM
My DS really wants to try the lava cake while at WDW and I couldn't remember if it was offered and what restaurant serves this treat. So this started me thinking...does anyone have a dessert that they crave each trip? If so, please share it here! :thumbsup:

olivegirl
04-28-2013, 07:05 AM
Without a doubt it's the Bananas Foster from Ohanas!!!!!!! :cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-28-2013, 08:09 AM

:ditto:

steph436
04-28-2013, 10:11 AM
Yummm! :mickey:

We are looking at ADR's for the following restaurants...any special dessert we should try?

O'Hanas
Chef Mickeys
Cinderella's Royal Table
Sanaa
Mama Melrose (undecided on this one :confused:)
The Wave

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-28-2013, 11:23 AM
The bread pudding is the only dessert at Ohana's and its too die for...be sure to leave room

mom2morgan
04-28-2013, 01:14 PM
Yummm! :mickey:

We are looking at ADR's for the following restaurants...any special dessert we should try?

O'Hanas
Chef Mickeys
Cinderella's Royal Table
Sanaa
Mama Melrose (undecided on this one :confused:)
The Wave
'ohana's bread pudding is definitely my favourite in the whole "world". Or maybe in the whole World! ;-)
Chef Mickey's - a buffet, so no stand out desserts. Try a sampling and see what you like. My kids like the sundae bar. Meh.
Cindy's - has a caramel cheesecake we really enjoyed.
The others I haven't been to - but I generally find Creme brulees and cheescakes the best bet. Honestly, we were talking about this the other day, and I'm not sure Disney really excels at desserts...

Katzateer
04-28-2013, 07:08 PM
California Grill and Kona's have great desserts. And 1900Park Fare at GF and Cape May at Y&B Club have great bite size choices.

jillluvsdisney
04-28-2013, 07:16 PM
The Bread Pudding at Raglan Road is fabulous!!!

SBETigg
04-28-2013, 10:09 PM
The Bread Pudding at Raglan Road is fabulous!!!

Oh, yes, it is! Raglan Road's Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding, amazing. Also, California Grill is changing with the refurb, but I love their valrhona chocolate cake (a lava cake served with gelato). And the almond cherry cheesecake at Narcoossee's, so good.

DANAM
04-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Yet another vote for Ohanas bread pudding. Best I have ever had and I m from New Orleans

MyDisneyworld
04-29-2013, 11:47 AM

I agree, we always get 2 dishes brought out of this. They bring a half size one for the 2nd one.

Enjoy.

BriarRose0708
04-29-2013, 12:01 PM
I love the Chocolate Wave at Coral Reef, Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch only), profiteroles at Chefs de France, and the bread pudding at 'Ohana!

For counter service desserts I really enjoy the carrot cakes, cupcakes (especially the chocolate peanutbutter!) and chocolate mousse cups.

cer
04-29-2013, 01:23 PM
I can be silent no longer! I was certain that my favorite dessert would have been mentioned by now, but since it is oddly absent, here you go.

I too am a big fan of the bread pudding at 'Ohana ...

BUT

My most memorable dessert experience at the world has been from Yak & Yeti.

Fried Wontons! Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey-vanilla drizzle

Yum.

steph436
04-29-2013, 05:05 PM
Wonderful! Thank you for responding. They all sound delicious. :cloud9: I haven't tried Yak & Yeti so this would be something new. I also like the sound of the caramel cheesecake, bread pudding at Raglan Road and O'hanas. Now I have to decide which one...;)

Gayle
04-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Love the green tea pudding at Teppen Ido, wish I had the recipe:mickey:

Katzateer
04-29-2013, 07:48 PM
Fried Wontons! Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey-vanilla drizzle

Yum.

:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
04-30-2013, 09:30 AM
The creme brulle at Kona is amazing. We also like the desserts at Sanaa. The chai creme reminded DH of some desserts he had in India.