PDA

View Full Version : Food at flower festival at EPCOT and beyond

Katzateer
04-26-2013, 10:25 PM
During my short trip to WDW I had some great food!:cloud9:

Made a list of things I wanted to try, but did not get to sample most of them - will have to save the list for future trips

At EPCOT I tryed some of the festival booths out. The brisket with collard greens and cornbread was very tasty. And the heirloom tomatoes in England were good also. In Germany I got the potato pancake with homemade applesauce and enjoyed it. I also got the dole whip - it was so good I had to go back the next day and get another!

In Germany I got some dark chocolate sea salt caramels to bring home and they traveled very well.

Went to France for breakfast - very good but the regular coffee was nothing special.

Katzateer
04-26-2013, 10:49 PM
Ate lunch at Flametree BBQ in AK - very good. The onion rings looked good and the desserts, so will have to try on another trip.

Columbia Harbour house at MK was great - got the fish and chicken with fries.

Beaches and Cream at Yacht and Beach club was a fun place to go solo - sat at counter with my burger and fries and a scoop of chocolate ice cream.

Kona at Poly was good - got the Teriaki steak, sticky rice and broccolini.

Katzateer
04-26-2013, 11:01 PM
A lot of snacks and small meals were eaten but I enjoyed them all. That is one nice thing about going solo and no dining AR's. Snacked my way around WDW and ate without time restraints.

Did not get to try any desserts I had on my list- it was too hot and dole whips and ice cream was a better choice. I also did not get to try as many of the EPCOT food booths as I would have liked.

And of course I got my mandatory popcorn - can't go to WDW without getting that treat at least once!:cloud9:

faline
04-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Making me hungry!!!

disney obsessed
04-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Mmmmmmmm

Kairi_7378
04-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Thank you for posting these reviews! So nice that you were able to snack around the World at your own pace. Hope to hear more about your trip at the Philly Meet!

January-2007
04-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Thanks for reporting!

jillluvsdisney
04-28-2013, 07:21 PM
I tried the chocolate sea salt caramels. WOW!

azcavalier
05-03-2013, 11:52 AM
We did this on Tuesday. We ate at:

Florida Fresh: Shrimp & Grits w/ Andouille sausage

The Cottage (UK): Baked Goat's Brie with kumquat chutney and the heirloom tomatoes with fresh mozzarella

L'Orangerie (France): Verrine charlotte au pèches
(Caramelized peaches and rosemary and light vanilla cream) and a Napoleon from inside.

That's as far as we made it. :)

TheVBs
05-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Yum! Sounds like you both had some great food!