PDA

View Full Version : Festival of Fantasy Parade Coming to WDW in 2014

Melanie
04-26-2013, 09:06 AM
From Disney Parks Blog:

Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade Coming to Magic Kingdom Park in 2014

For many guests, a visit to a Disney Park wouldn’t be complete without catching a parade. Whether it’s the thrill of seeing which Disney character comes up next, or that moment when your favorite character waves right at you, there’s just something magical about a Disney parade.

Today, we’re happy to share that a new procession, the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade, will march into Magic Kingdom Park in spring 2014.

The Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade will bring a celebration of New Fantasyland to Main Street, U.S.A., through fantastic and innovative new parade floats, vibrant costumes, and an original soundtrack that will feature beloved songs from favorite Disney films, plus a parade theme song.

This parade will specifically highlight the stories of “The Little Mermaid,” “Sleeping Beauty,” “Dumbo,” “Pinocchio,” “Peter Pan,” “Tangled” and the Disney●Pixar film “Brave” among others. (Check out a sneak peek of the “Tangled”-themed float above).

dobby2010
04-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Those floats look really neat. Can't wait to catch the parade on our next visit.

DizneyFreak2002
04-26-2013, 09:47 AM
I believe this is the parade which was rumored to open with the new Fantasyland area... It is about time they get rid of the other parade... Now we need a replacement for SpectroMagic and MSEP...

BriarRose0708
04-26-2013, 10:28 AM
I've never given two hoots about seeing the 3:00 parade, but I think now I just might...

Hoot Hoot.

WDWdreamer87
04-26-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm so excited to see our little Dumbo making an appearance!

Also, any bets on if the mirrored Princess float from long ago will still make an appearance? :D

DizneyFreak2002
04-26-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm so excited to see our little Dumbo making an appearance!

Also, any bets on if the mirrored Princess float from long ago will still make an appearance? :D

I think you'll like the edit I made to this post... I know I do... BYE BYE GLASS CASTLE!!!

Some online are saying the current parade ends its run at the end of this year, so MK will not have an afternoon parade until Festival of Fantasy begins in spring...

EDIT: Steve Davidson, who created this new parade was asked on Facebook about the glass castle float... here is what he said:

James Malin (https://www.facebook.com/james.malin.3114)A new Parade is just the start of things we've been asking here for WDW Steve. Please also don't let them put that ugly glass castle float in this new Parade.
Steve Davison Fan Page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Davison-Fan-Page/159947717349286?ref=stream)James I can promise you no glass castle.

PirateLover
04-27-2013, 12:55 PM
I agree with Nikki. Can't remember the last time I purposefully watched the afternoon parade in full. But this intrigues me. I'll be sure to catch it at least once.... :thumbsup:

Jeany031
04-28-2013, 09:00 AM
awesome! I can't wait to watch it on Sept 2014!:mickey:

JPL
05-01-2013, 09:13 AM
It's about time a new parade was created it was pretty pathetic seeing the same floats for the last 12 years with just a few changes. Now onto a new nighttime parade!

crltkcagle
05-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Love the new floats! Can't wait to see this parade! I disagree please leave spectromagic alone. I love that parade!