PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs opinions

TiggersMyFriend
04-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Anyone have any comments on Coronado Springs? Good or bad. :mickey:

faline
04-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Terrific moderate! Stayed here several times and enjoyed each stay.

Melanie
04-25-2013, 10:12 AM
My favorite mod, hands down! Love the room decor (color scheme and dividing door), the theming, the beautiful landscaping and water, the main pool area, and all the deluxe amenities available. :sombrero:

barbiegirl314
04-25-2013, 10:14 AM
I am staying there next month w/my DS 7 and DS 16 next month. Stayed there about 13 yrs ago too and loved it.

When we were planning this trip I went on line with my 2 boys and we looked at all 4 hotels in this category and this is the one they picked

c&d
04-25-2013, 10:19 AM
I loved CSR when we stayed there.

I enjoyed all the different areas of the resort and it is a beautiful resort to walk around at night. There are so many little areas to see that are lit up. Lying in the hammocks at night was enjoyable.

The main pool never felt really crowded the way they do at some of the other resorts. It also has a spa like a deluxe which was nice.

People either like or dislike Pepper Market. We happened to like it because there were so many options. Same goes with the size of the resort itself, we didn't mind how large it was.

Some people think it's a drawback because it's a convention resort, we never had a problem. Once we did because we timed it wrong and they were getting their food when we were. Other than that we never saw them.

It has probably the best bus service at WDW and it also doesn't share with any other resorts. The buses during the day were never crowded.

I would definitely stay there again.

BelleBeauty
04-25-2013, 10:44 AM
We really enjoyed our stay here. Ended up getting upgraded to a King room and even with just the two of us there was limited space and limited places to store clothes (though this is par for the course with moderates).

We stayed in building 3 or 4. I would recommend anything near Bus Stop 2. We were very close to this and it is really the first place buses pick up and the first place they drop off. From here we found the pool a really far distance, but the main building was quite close.

Overall the resort is really nicely landscaped. It felt like no one was there (even though it was right before Thanksgiving). Bus service was very dependable. We decided that for the two of us we would probably rather stay at POFQ for the boat service to DTD, but otherwise it was great.

FantasmicJ
04-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Love it. Our favorite moderate. We've always believed that it being a convention resort is a positive, because it keeps the bus and pool crowds lower than the other moderates. It is large but I think it is comparable or maybe even smaller than Caribbean Beach or POR.

Ms. Mode
04-25-2013, 12:46 PM
It's my FAVORITE moderate...hands down!

Melanie
04-25-2013, 01:05 PM
It is large but I think it is comparable or maybe even smaller than Caribbean Beach or POR.

Yes, it's large, but that's what gives it it's beautiful perspective across the water at dusk or early in the morning. So pretty!

My favorite section is Cabanas, because not only do I like the beach and hammocks, it's close to both El Centro and the Dig Site. :thumbsup:

FantasmicJ
04-25-2013, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=Melanie;2348804]Yes, it's large, but that's what gives it it's beautiful perspective across the water at dusk or early in the morning. So pretty! QUOTE]

Definitely agree! I don't see it's size as a negative since I don't think it is any bigger than the other mods that I noted. I have seen a lot of posts from people citing the size as a reason they don't like Coronado. I happen to disagree with that. :mickey:

k10
04-25-2013, 04:45 PM
You're definitely getting raves here, so you don't really need my 2 cents...

...but I'll share anyway. :mickey:

I love CSR. So much so, that we stayed there for our Honeymoon. I love their Maya Grill. I have an ADR there in May, despite the fact that I'm staying at POP this time.

LOVE the pool there, too.

Kairi_7378
04-25-2013, 07:05 PM
Count us as a family who loves CSR. We've had two magical vacations there.

kakn7294
04-26-2013, 12:37 AM
We're one of the few families who isn't crazy about Coronado. We had a less-than-magical stay a while back and I can't get my family to even consider staying there again. It wasn't horrible but it was before the refurb and our room had stiff, stained carpet, the outer hallways and stairs had trash that remained there much of the week, our room location wasn't anywhere close to where we requested, and the staff just didn't seem as friendly as at other resorts. Our housekeeper didn't speak any English and it took 3 days to get replenishments for the in-room coffeemaker - even after calling. I'm ready to give it another shot but the rest of the family isn't there yet.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Love Pepper Market and there are bus stops spread around the resort so you don't have a long trek to get on the bus...negatives are it is a big resort could be long walk to gift shops/restaurants depending on where your room is located

AgentC
04-26-2013, 10:42 AM
We have always enjoyed our stays here. It is a beautiful resort. I especially love the doors dividing the bath area from the room and the views across the lake.

My favorite section is Cabanas. It is a large resort but comparable to CBR or POR. A room in Cabanas does allow you to be closer to both the main area and the pool. The pool and playground and great for children. I would not hesitate to stay at CSR again.

GoofyFan
04-26-2013, 10:59 AM
We stayed there in 2002 and absolutely loved it. One of the most beautiful and peaceful resorts at Disney. We hope to stay there again someday.

Interesting story, we had originally booked at Pop Century. However, it turned out that POP was behind schedule and wouldn't be open when we would be arriving. Disney called us and told us that we would be staying at CSR FOR NO EXTRA CHARGE!

Magical!

JPL
04-26-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm another person on the neigh side for CSR. I stayed there on 3 different occaisions and had negative experiences each time. Everything from a broken AC unit that was never fixed to rude staff members not willing to help. Not a fan of Pepper Market don't like the setup and it's really not very family friendly in terms of ordering & getting your food

DVC2004
04-26-2013, 01:29 PM
We just got back from our 2nd stay there. It's a great moderate resort. The sit down restaurant, Maya Grill, is excellent. They are run by the same group (restaurant) that runs Hacienda and San Angel over in Epcot. There is a nice lounge with a DJ spinning/club style called Rix Lounge if you are interested in that. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are fantastic. Service was great while we were there and every one was so friendly. We did not use the pool this trip but it is one of the best themed pools on property. There is a huge hit tub, too. I consider it to be very much more like a Deluxe Resort than a Mod. Very enjoyable stay.

#1donaldfan
04-26-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't care for it at all !! We have eaten there too and it was just Ok. It's very large and it's a haul to the pool....my DD stayed there for an extended stay while working at Disney and didn't like it either.....I will say it's very beautiful and the water is inviting, but so is the hourglass lake at POP. :cool:

Kenny1113
04-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Another one for leave it.
On my trip we also experienced the CMs not as friendly. Did not care for Pepper market AT ALL (especially the included tip that the waitress told me was for something else :mad: ).
This is the only WDW resort (or any hotel for that matter) where I had found a cockroach in the room. It was huge and I was so disgusted. Thank goodness it was on our check out day.

Angelgirl65
04-29-2013, 07:31 AM
CSR is my fav! Love the feel of being in Mexico and Disney.

FenwayGirl
04-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Excited to try this one out next month. Adult only trip....:cloud9:

MrPeetrie
04-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Since it is the first resort at which we stayed on property it is our sentimental favorite.

It is picturesque, well-themed, with great food and activity options. The Pepper Market seems to be a love-it or hate-it destination; we love it. The Maya Grille is an excellent dining option. Their main pool, The Dig Site, is quite large and never seems too crowded.

If I had a drawback it would be the convention center. All those conventioneers, focusing on work, can take you out of your Disney-induced stupor.

We plan on staying there in 2014 and I can't wait to return.

ThanxForNoticin
04-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Another big thumbs-up for CSR - we have enjoyed several stays there. It's quiet, well-themed, and we really like to food choices (especially the Pepper Market).

MNNHFLTX
04-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Love Coronado Springs! It would be my resort of choice, as far as the moderates and several of the deluxes too. My favorite area would also have to be the Cabanas. During my last stay there I was in building #8B and it was ideal--a short walk to main buildings and with a sandy beach and quiet pool right around the corner from my room.

I do have to say that while I am not a fan of the setup for the Pepper Market, I do think the variety and quality of the food there is usually very good.

Disnini
04-30-2013, 02:36 PM
We love Coronado Springs! It's beautiful, relaxing and convenient to all Parks. The busses were never crowded and we never waited a long time. The bus stops are also some of the closest at the Parks! The pool was never very crowded.( We were there in the summer.) Enjoy!!

BhamWriter
05-01-2013, 01:20 PM
My next trip is scheduled for CS. A few years ago, my wife and I stayed at both POFQ and CS. POFQ was, at that time, my favorite moderate; but my wife much preferred CS. It seemed much fresher. The grounds are gorgeous. I like Pepper Market, but haven't tried Maya Grill (perhaps this coming trip). It's a bit farther out for bus-riders, but I have a car at WDW, so I don't mind (I can't really speak to how well the bus system works from CS). Overall, I like CS a lot and hope to say the same thing when I get back.

Imag1neer
05-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Coronado Springs is my favorite moderate. Personally, I loved the Pepper Market. It let my wife and I get completely different food quickly and easily.

I thought the overall resort has a great atmosphere. The bar on the waterfront is very relaxing and the Mayan pyramid pool is one of my favorites.

mrte62
05-10-2013, 07:15 PM
DW and I stayed October 27th through November 3rd. We stayed here in 2011 and really liked it, so we came back for another week at the Food & Wine Festival.

Our random thoughts/comments:

1) Took a while to check-in. The young lady was training. Quite pleasant.

2) We had requested a room (king bed) in Casitas 5. We wound up in in Casitas 4446 facing the parking lot. When told that that our request could not be granted, a supervisor came over and apologized several times.

3) Room was clean and comfortable. A bit dark and the lighting needs to be improved. Plenty of hot water and a high enough shower head were a plus. We stocked our fridge. Really a nice location - close enough to El Centro with the gym and laundry in the same building.

4) Laundry is expensive - $2.75 to wash and $2.75 to dry.

5) The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. Fountains and lights were working and maintenance done daily.

6) The stairways and outer hallways were in rough shape. Desperately need a good cleaning and painting. The elevators were beat and scratched up as well.

7) A really great location if you have a car. Once we got our bearings, it was easy to get to any park or hotel. We did find that there are very few signs that actually mention CSR by name.

8) The buffet at the Pepper Mill was quite a pleasant surprise. All you-can-eat buffet with fresh fruit, pastries and a made to order omelet station. $14.99 for adults or 1 QS meal. We understand that this option no long exists. :confused:

9) This year we found our how this pleasant peaceful resort can change when a convention of 3,500 life insurance agents from around the world descend. The last two days the resort was frenetic and any place to get food or drink was overwhelmed.

10) We really liked and used the free refillable resort mug.

We truly like staying here and will do so next year as well. Even with the large convention, we still had a great stay and found it a great place to relax and recharge.