PDA

View Full Version : Any BWV Tips?

MOJoe
04-24-2013, 09:46 AM
My oldest son was home from college last weekend, and we discussed scheduling a summer vacation. After all the dates and options were hashed out, everyone decided our first choice was an Epcot resort, the week before Memorial Day. 28 days out. :oops: :blush:

Anyway, the Y&B Club was booked, but i was able to reserve a one bedroom villa at the Boardwalk. Never stayed in a DVC room, so i am asking for your advice.

Is there anything i need to know in advance? Are there any tips you can give me? We will have a car. So i will be able to get a few groceries. But what else do i need to know so we can make the most of the BWV?

Thanks.

VWL Mom
04-24-2013, 02:27 PM
I think you'll be very happy in a BWV 1 bdrm. Remember, you'll have a washer and dryer in the room so no need to overpack. Since you're stopping for groceries you may want to pick up some breakfast items to save time in the morning.

If you're staying on points you will have trash and towel service on you're 4th night. If you're paying cash through Disney you'll have daily housekeeping.

Janmac
04-24-2013, 08:27 PM
When you're parking - if you're not using Valet, which is $15 per day - one of the self parking entrances is to the left, just after the security gate. If memory serves, you drive in, and then turn left - because the spots to the right are valet. Lots of people park here. You can turn right and go to the furthest lane of parking spots from the main drive, turn right (towards the Boardwalk) and drive almost to the tennis courts and you'll still be in the self parking. If you are parking your car at mid-day, you may find some spots along in here, and fairly close to the Boardwalk. To get to your room, head past the tennis courts to the waterway (this leads to Disney Hollywood Studios) and walk beside it toward the Boardwalk.

We tried the walk to the DHS one morning and it was less than 20 minutes - strolling.

One bus trip we tried getting off at the Swan I think it was - first stop, and walking across the bridge to the Boardwalk. I'm not sure if this is any closer than walking from the Boardwalk's bus stop but you're not on the bus at all the stops before the Boardwalk.

The first day or so I explored and found a stairway just around the corner from our room that put us either at the pool, or, going out the other way, very near the waterway. And a short walk to the parking lot and our vehicle, as well.

I also explored around and found an outside route to the bus stop that we liked better than the inside hallway and the main lobby.

Couple of other tips: you really can't see much of Illuminations from the bridge between the Boardwalk and the Beach Club. We, especially our 8 yr old grandniece, really enjoyed the entertainment along the boardwalk in the evenings.

And the slices of pizza from the Pizza window are great. :thumbsup:

Jan

MOJoe
04-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Thanks for your replies. Just so you know, i am not renting points. I am paying cash. And i am very familiar with this area, having stayed at the BC as well as the Swan and the Dolphin.

Anyway, i guess my main concern is, what do i need to be prepared for. Do i need to bring laundry detergent and dish soap? Coffee filters? Paper towels? Where is the best/closest general store i can drive to if i find i need snacks or :beer:? Is there a good selection of pots and pans if i decide to cook?
O.K. that might be out of the question, since my oldest son loves that pizza window! But you get the idea.

Thanks again for any thoughts and suggestions.

VWL Mom
04-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Since you will be cash you will get laundry detergent, coffee packets, dish soap etc and they will be refilled daily.

The kitchen is fully stocked with dishes, utensils, and pots and pans. If you're cooking you would want to bring spices/salt/pepper and maybe some aluminum foil/plastic wrap.

We usually stop at Publix on the way in or get a grocery delivery for snacks, breakfast foods, water, and beer.

Janmac
04-29-2013, 01:16 PM
We stopped at Publix also, for beer, chips, fruit, ice cream. The essentials.

I looked on line to see where the Publix are located. We went to the one east of WDW and it was maybe all of ten minutes away, because we didn't really know where we were going.

We did buy water because we didn't care for the flavor of the tap water. I pulled up to the front entrance and DH went with a guy from bell services to take the heavy stuff to the room while I parked the car.

Jan