PDA

View Full Version : Packing up and looking to move!

Renfairwedding
04-23-2013, 09:00 PM
The time has come for my Wife and I to leave the vacation land of the Poconos and relocate to the Vacation land in the Disney area. We would really appreciate any insight on places to live within an hour or so of the parks. One place I know my Wife likes is The Villages.
Any ideas please!!!!.

Thanks.

coloradowendyl
04-23-2013, 09:41 PM
My father and Stepmother relocated to Summerfield a few years ago and live in a nice development across the highway from the Villages. The area seems to have everything they need and they are close to Ocala/Tampa/Orlando.

My very picky stepmother has not had an issue with shopping or restaurants (highly unusual for her) and so far both human/animal health care has been pretty decent.

Wendy

Disney4us2
04-23-2013, 11:31 PM
I may be a few months behind you... I am looking at places in Kississmee, Clermont, and the areas around those areas.

Pirate Granny
04-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Dreaming about Clermont!

dnickels
04-24-2013, 08:43 AM
Areas within an hour cover anything from downtown urban living to coastal beachside communities to dirt road rural areas so along that spectrum what do you prefer?

You mention The Villages so I'm guessing you and your wife are older/retired? I have some retired friends in The Villages and they love it, between golf, kayaking, the dances and other community events they're engaged with and active in the community every single day.

If not retired will you need to work or find jobs? Budget?