PDA

View Full Version : New Member, so many questions

BeccaO
04-23-2013, 10:28 AM
Ok, we became new members on March 1st, our use year is Sept 1st. I have a scenario and a question. Since we are brand new members this is all foreign to me obviously. When we became members we received 2012 points, so when April rolled around I honestly didn't think we would want to use them anytime soon, so I went ahead and banked those points. Now I am looking at "maybe" making a trip over Labor Day weekend, checking in on Friday Aug 30th and checking out on Tuesday Sept. 3rd. Now, is this even possible since I banked those 2012 points and my use year is Sept. 1, this particular weekend I am looking at "over-laps" 2 use years so to speak. What are my options and is it worth it for me to make the phone call to member services to inquire? I have alot to learn, but we are so so happy to finally be members, wish we would have done it a long time ago!!:mickey:

Iluvtink
04-23-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't think you can used the banked points for the August portion of your trip, but you can borrow 2013 points for that portion. For the September portion of the trip, you should be able to use the banked 2012 points.
If you call Member Services, they'll take care of you.

Enjoy!

VWL Mom
04-23-2013, 12:22 PM
You can do it online but since this is your first booking I too suggest calling MS and letting them do it for you. As iluvtink said, they will borrow the points needed for the August portion and apply the banked points for the September portion. Just know, once you borrow the points you must use them before August 31, 2013, they cannot be returned to your 2013 use year if the trip is cancelled.