PDA

View Full Version : need help quick!!

minnie04
04-22-2013, 10:01 AM
We are going up this weekend and staying off property. I got a really good deal at Buena Vista Palace. Here is the problem they have no suites left and now my MIL is going with us and I need extra room. Can someone please give me some names of hotels with suites? :mickey:

I want to stay in the Lake Buena Vista area. The closer to DTD the better. I have been looking, but maybe you guys know of some good ones... Thank you

Oh I like the Homewood suites,but not sure how close it is to DTD..

Mitzie
04-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Buena Vista suites. A co-worker stayed there a few years ago and liked it. It is right off Disney property. I know they ran shuttles into the parks. Free breakfast I believe.

minnie04
04-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Great thanks, I did look at that one and its very nice. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Stayed at Homewood Suites in October (11428 Marbella Palm Court Orlando), which was about 5 minutes from Dwntown Disney. Very affordable, very clean, quiet and good service. They do have shuttle service to Epcot, but I can't comment on that since I had a rental car and did not take advantage of the shuttle. Free breakfast and dinner buffet too. :mickey:

minnie04
04-22-2013, 01:57 PM
KylesMom, Thank you, I was looking at that one and couldn’t figure out how far it was to the parks. I did stay there before in Jupiter, FL they are nice rooms and service was good as well. I will go back and check it out.. :mickey: If you can remember what were some of the land marks near the hotel. I would like to get a picture of what’s around. I do know the Lake Buena Vista area, but can’t picture where this one is..

KylesMom
04-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Driving down "Hotel Row" (going past Downtown Disney), you come to Crossroads Shopping Center. You would take a left instead of going into Crossroads shopping center. The next stoplight you take a right on Palm Parkway, and the hotel is a short distance down the road.

Just an alert - It is NOT within walking distance of either Crossroads or Downtown Disney, but it is a short jaunt as mentioned. I felt very comfortable and safe there, but I think if I wouldn't have had a car it might have been a bit too far away. It was nice, though, with a large bedroom, separate bath, full living room with sleeper sofa / additional TV and decent stocked kitchenette. I have always been a HUGE advocate of staying onsite, but I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

minnie04
04-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Great thank you, we have booked at Blue Heron for this trip, but I will keep Homewood in mind for other trips in the near future. :mickey: