PDA

View Full Version : tommorowland terrace dessert party

VaderGirl
04-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Is it worth it to do the tommorowland terace dessert party? sounds amazing :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-20-2013, 06:57 PM
We did it during our last trip, and enjoyed it.

But, "worth it" is hard to judge. It is fairly expensive, and you can see the fireworks for free.

For us though, not having to wait in the middle of crowds, with Mom on an ECV and DD in a wheelchair, and get full of yummy desserts while watching Wishes was 100% "worth it".

I don't think it will be something we do every trip, but we did enjoy it.

Button1215
04-20-2013, 07:26 PM
We did this 2 years ago and it was really nice to see the fireworks without anyone in front of us. The only suggestion I would make is the be sure to get an early seating. We showed up a little early for ours and definitely were glad we did. The desserts seemed to run out towards the end and people were still arriving. For the cost of it you want to make sure you get everything you want.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
04-20-2013, 09:46 PM
We did this on our last trip and it was wonderful! We did it on a Sunday evening at a Christmas party. It was not packed and there was way more desserts than needed. They have a photographer right on the terrace for as many pics as you like. The castle is in the back ground and its beautiful!
It was worth it to us and we hope to take family members this next trip in December.

Dawn,Dense&Diane::wave::wave:::wave:

Lindsey310
04-21-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm interested in booking this too. How far ahead can you book? And how often does it happen? I know it's only certain nights and there wasn't availability when we went in September 2012. Thanks! :mickey:

Davy Crockett
04-21-2013, 11:08 PM
This is a wonderful experience! We did this our last trip with our DD & she LOVED IT! As well as Mom & Dad. Don't worry about getting there too early and waiting in line as each family / reservation has assigned seating. We did not know this and waisted about 45 mins before it opened up. BUT make your reservations early as there is very limited seating. Yes for desserts it is a little pricey, but you'll have a virtual cornucopia of sweets to choose from.

Quadstriker
04-21-2013, 11:41 PM
It was an excellent experience on our honeymoon.

faberj
04-22-2013, 12:37 PM
We loved it and it was very worth it for us last November. It was our DS's first trip to Disney and at 2 1/2 having a place to sit down and relax before the fireworks started was wonderful. We were also able to see the electrical parade too :mickey:

VaderGirl
04-22-2013, 01:20 PM
thank you everyone , also one more question, what time is best time for reservation?:mickey:

Davy Crockett
04-29-2013, 02:52 PM
thank you everyone , also one more question, what time is best time for reservation?:mickey:

VaderGirl - There is only one seating a night and it's 1 hour before the Wishes Fireworks. Now if you're asking day of the week being that it is at MK I would try during the middle of a week for your best chance of being able to book a reservation.

IamBelle
05-08-2013, 09:33 AM
I love the Dessert party, we have made it a tradition every year that we go to WDW. Last year, two people at the table in front of us got engaged, talk about memorable! I love the party not just for the AMAZING desserts (I highly recommend the chocolate covered strawberries and the mango shooters) but also for the great view of the fireworks without having to wait on Main Street for an hour before, crowded by a bunch of people and getting hit in the ankles with strollers. Even if you don't eat a lot of dessert, the experience is definitely still worth it!! Have fun!