PDA

View Full Version : POFQ Location

VaderGirl
04-19-2013, 02:17 AM
Hi,
Can u please tell me what building is closest to pool & food @POfQ? Also I booked garden view. Thanks.

Pirate Granny
04-19-2013, 07:09 AM
2 and 5, but there are only six buildings and none are that far away.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-19-2013, 09:34 AM
POFQ is quite small, and you won't be too far away.

The pool is located between buildings 2 & 5, think of it like a square ... the main building (with food) is at one end, buildings 2 & 5 are the sides, and the river is at the other end.

When we booked a garden view, we were in building 4, and it was awesome, super close to food and busses, and the pool.

The far ends of building 7 can be a bit further than the others, but even that is better than most other moderate resorts.

So, if you want to be close, I'd request a room in 2, 4 or 5.

VaderGirl
04-19-2013, 11:59 AM
was it worth it to uprgade or can i get a room in those buildings with standard room? thank u all!:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-19-2013, 01:31 PM
You can get a garden or standard view room in all buildings, so no need to change.

In fact, my favourite room all time at FQ was a standard view, tucked into building two right near the laundry.

So, view doesn't determine the building at all!

VaderGirl
04-19-2013, 02:47 PM
thank you everyone! i stayed a caribbean beach 3 years ago & loved the pool, is this pool nice too? i also have a 12 year old son with us, its our 10 yr anniversary :)

Scott C
04-19-2013, 03:02 PM
I had a great room -- I think it was 5202 -- could be in the food court in about 20 seconds -- pool in 45. It was a standard view room

Thanks
Scott C

VaderGirl
04-19-2013, 04:44 PM
what building was that scott? did u have a decent view (not rooftop) & was it noisy? ty so much!:D:thumbsup:

Disney4us2
04-19-2013, 04:46 PM
We stayed in building #4 (4110). It was not too far from the pool. Very close to the food court and just across the courtyard from the busses. We faced the courtyard and could see the busses, but not hear them. It was a great location, very quiet.

gueli
04-20-2013, 11:50 AM
when we stayed 3 years ago at FQ, we had a room that overlooked the parking lot. Surprisingly the bus noise was not a factor, even though we faced toward the drop off/pick up. The walk to the pool was but a few minutes (it was december and the air was chilly at night, but me & DD enjoyed the pool). I think that it is one of the best moderates, because of its small size. I think you will be fine where ever you stay at POFQ.

Good Luck

:thumbsup:

Scott C
04-20-2013, 03:47 PM
what building was that scott? did u have a decent view (not rooftop) & was it noisy? ty so much!:D:thumbsup:

It was building 5 -- 2nd floor in the room next to the corner room -- it was great. View was of the hot tub and the food court.

Thanks
Scott C

VaderGirl
04-20-2013, 04:07 PM
thanks agian everyone! i called a7 requested building 5 upper floor & i paid for garden view. they noted it was our 10 year anniversary so hoping for some extras! how do i let restaurants know? i dont wanna feel like we r begging but some comp stuff or just special attention would be nice. one cast member said to get 10th anniversary buttons at guest service or something. does that do anything?
:blush:

Capt_redshirt
04-20-2013, 04:09 PM
we stayed in building 3 on the first floor its about a 2 min walk to the arcade gift shop and food court and about a 4 min walk to the pool area but like others have said it doesn't matter where you are it's a relatively short walk (i think the longest walk for us was the boats to DD but even that was like 5 min

VaderGirl
04-20-2013, 04:13 PM
thank you :mickey:

dmallan
04-20-2013, 07:28 PM
thanks agian everyone! i called a7 requested building 5 upper floor & i paid for garden view. they noted it was our 10 year anniversary so hoping for some extras! how do i let restaurants know? i dont wanna feel like we r begging but some comp stuff or just special attention would be nice. one cast member said to get 10th anniversary buttons at guest service or something. does that do anything?
:blush:

You can request anniversary buttons when you check in. We wore them for a couple days on our 30th anniversary trip. Most CMs who notice them will wish you a Happy Anniversary. If you note you are celebrating an anniversary on your dining reservations some restaurants will bring a complimentary dessert or a card signed by CMs. Boma and Kona Cafe were two that recognized us on our anniversary.

VaderGirl
04-20-2013, 10:32 PM
wow! congrats on 30th! thats amazing!:thumbsup:

dmallan
04-22-2013, 05:58 PM
wow! congrats on 30th! thats amazing!:thumbsup:

Thanks! It will be 34 for us this year!

garymacd
04-29-2013, 10:06 AM
There are actually seven buildings in POFQ. Number seven is the farthest away from the pool, main hall and buses; but even at that distance, it's only a few minutes walk to the main building.

When we went down for our 25th anniversary we let them know when we booked. They actually asked us if we were celebrating. When we got into our room, we found all kinds of mardi gras beads, doubloons, and a card signed by all the characters. We found another one on the next day signed by all the room staff. There were also "We're Celebrating" buttons for us. and we wrote 25th Anniversary in the space provided.

As for comp-ing rooms or drinks, etc. keep holding onto that dream. The best you can hope for is a dessert or card signed by the CM's.

Sorry. Now that I think about it, we did get something special at Victoria and Albert's. We got personalised menus, a flower and a special chocolate that I think we still have. I don't know if everyone gets that or not.

E-OR
04-29-2013, 10:43 AM
You will be staying at one of my favorite resorts. I love the size, theme, grounds, pool, and food court. We have stayed here at least 7 times. We always ask to stay in building 5 but there are no buildings that at too far from the pool, food court, or main bulding. Building 5 faces the pool on one side and just across from the food court. The courtyard view on the other side is a lovely view of the open grassy area and fountain. You can take a short walk along the river over to POR to eat or use their pool. The boat to DD is such a great way to get to travel. A quiet a lovely float down the river. Enjoy your stay!

VaderGirl
04-29-2013, 12:01 PM
thank you! i requested bldg. 5, top floor & paid for garden view.

CleveRocks
04-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Vader Girl,

Once you get there, you'll realize just how pleasantly compact the resort is.

Before my first stay there, I was just like you, highly concerned about getting the perfect location. Having stayed there, I now know that it realy makes no difference at this particular resort.

Before my first stay there, I had my perfect location all picked out, and I put in a request for it. I arrived at the resort at 11 p.m. after a super long day (work for us, school for the kids, then late flight). All we wanted to do was get the kids to bed and then get us to bed.

When we checked in, I was SOOOOO disappointed that none of my requests were able to be granted. The front desk cast member circled on the map where my room was, at the far side of Building 2 near Building 1. I was really disappointed, but I figured I could try to change in the morning if I really hated it.

So I resigned myself to a long trudging walk with carry-ons and my kids, off to the far-away wilds of the far wing of Building 2.

But guess what???

I timed the walk. This L-O-N-G walk to this F-A-R room took us all of 2 minutes flat. TWO MINUTES!

What looked like such a stinky and far location on the map was actually a great location.

During my stay, I timed the walk from the very farthest room at the very tip of the far wing of Building 1 to the food court, and it took all of 3 minutes 20 seconds.

To put this in perspective, when I stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort and paid $25 extra per night for a preferred location room (meaning one of the closest rooms to the food court), it was a 5 minute walk to the food court. At CBR, one of the closest rooms that you pay extra for was a longer walk to the CBR food court than the farthest POFQ room is to POFQ's food court.

I hope this helps put you at ease.

Hakuna matata!

VaderGirl
05-02-2013, 12:02 PM
yes,thank you! last trip was carribean beach & i too paid for a close location & it was perfect but if it wasn't there ,yes that is a huge resort. but im happy trying POFQ since so many seem to love it. i loved carribean beach cuz i felt like i was one vacation, hope pofq has same feel.