PDA

View Full Version : Large Party Dinning Ressies in MK or MK Area Resorts

goofyskier
04-18-2013, 10:01 AM
So I am starting to stree a little over our upcoming Wedding at Disney World. We are having the Ceremony at the Swan and then plan on heading over to the MK for the day with our group. Late in the evening (abt 7:30) we will be treating our guests to dinner. Right now we have 18 confirmed (including the Bride and myself) and....from what I have found; the Be Our Guest Restarurant is the only one the will accomidate this group size unless we decide to do a dinner show. Any thoughts suggestions on how to go about getting this booked or, any thoughts on other places in the MK area? We have checked the Grand Floridian and the Contempory. We looked at Spirty of Aloha as an option but would still like some other suggestions. Mainly I do not want to put all our eggs in one basket and find we cannot get anything for our party size. Appreciate the help :)

MOJoe
04-18-2013, 10:25 AM
I had dinner at O'hana near a large group of people who were celebrating a wedding a few years ago. There were several long tables put together. I didn't get a head count, but it seemed as if there could have been around 20.

Katzateer
04-18-2013, 11:37 AM
I was thinking O'hana also. We have not been in a long time but they do great with large groups.

The Biergarden at EPCOT would be fun.

buzznwoodysmom
04-18-2013, 12:08 PM
We have had as many as 16 guests at Ohana's before. We've had several dinners with large groups at Ohana's and it's always been the perfect place for a larger gathering. I think we've had parties of 12, 15, and 16 and we were always seated at one of the long tables in the middle near the fire grill. I would definitely give it a try.

ThanxForNoticin
04-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Another recommendation for 'OHana. We have dined there with groups as large as 21, and it is a great evening of food, service, entertainment, and a chance to interact.

stephicakes
04-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Same here. We had no trouble booking O'hanas for our party of 14 for this July. :)

Kairi_7378
04-18-2013, 07:49 PM
I was seated next to a wedding party at the GF Cafe this fall. They had a Disney wedding cake next to the party. Saw them all later in the MK. I have also been seated next to a wedding party at the CA Grill.

Can your WDW wedding planner help make large party reservations for you?

Janmac
04-19-2013, 04:37 PM
You will likely book through the Group Dining and I suggest you do that as soon as you can. (You don't say when the wedding is?)

It may be too late to get into Be Our Guest - I heard they are not accepting ADRS all summer.

Ohanas would be a lot of fun. And easy to get to from MK.

When you call to book your supper, ask the CM for suggestions as well. S/he will likely have some good ideas. Part of the fun (magic?) in planning a trip is chatting up the CMs.

Jan