PDA

View Full Version : Quick spring-birthday trip

Katzateer
04-18-2013, 08:43 AM
EPCOT flower show - here I come! Will just have 2 days in the parks but going solo and didn't want to annoy husband/girls too much. Wish I had planned to leave on Sunday instead of Monday. Would have liked to be at AK Earth Day and get to see The Village People at EPCOT !

Plan is to start one day at AK and go to favorites and eat at Flame Tree. Probably will leave park early afternoon and go to EPCOT then MK since it is open until 11pm.

Not sure if I will start off at EMH at the studios or just head to EPCOT the other morning. Depends on weather and mood. I hope to eat most meals at EPCOT festival booths. Lots of samples to try and so little time!

No dining plans - may go to Kona or try either the Wave or Contempo at Contemporary.

And meet up with a few Intercot friends for Off Kilter show. Missed the men- in-skirts last 2 trips and having withdrawal!

Hope the rain stays away!!:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
04-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Can't wait to see you!

emerzmom
04-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Have fun! Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return.
:tink:
Julie

SBETigg
04-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Fun time planned! The Guess Who was playing when I was there, and the line for that show was wrapped around World Showcase all the way to Mexico before 4 pm! Not everyone was going to get seats. I couldn't believe it. I don't even know any Guess Who songs. Well, I do, but I had no idea what songs were theirs until I looked them up.

But anyway, I think the Village People might be that popular, too, just for the kitsch factor. And I wouldn't want to fight the crowds around the theater or stand in line for hours, so I think you might be fortunate to be a day late.

I used my solo park time to try new things, shows and attractions and dining experiences that I knew my family wouldn't be into quite like me. It was a great time! Enjoy!

Pally
04-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Have a wonderful trip. Sounds like you have it all planned. Looks fun. Love the Flower Show.:mickey:

disney obsessed
04-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Ooohhh!! Your so lucky! Have fun.

SBETigg
04-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Oh and happy birthday! Make sure you get an awesome "happy birthday to me" cupcake while you are there.

Katzateer
04-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Fun time planned! The Guess Who was playing when I was there, and the line for that show was wrapped around World Showcase all the way to Mexico before 4 pm! Not everyone was going to get seats. I couldn't believe it. I don't even know any Guess Who songs. Enjoy!

The only concert I have been to at the Flower show was to hear the Nelsons. I had no idea who they were except Ricky Nelsons twin sons. Ricky's sister and mom were in the audience and I knew who they were. The boys were very entertaining and enjoyed the show. But the groupies were the most fun. I talked to some of them before the show (waited in line about 2 hours) and they had been following those boys all over the country for years. I missed Davey Jones by a week and was very disappointed!!

(I use the term "boys" but they are really men - in early 40's I would guess by now )

faline
04-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Enjoy your trip! Sounds like fun!

vizsla
04-19-2013, 05:09 AM
Have a great time and safe trip.

January-2007
04-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Hope you have a great time!

Katzateer
04-24-2013, 06:13 PM
I have been having a FANTASTIC 2 days here- beautiful weather. The safari this mornIng was a real highlight - I got to see a giraffe running all the way across the savannah. It had just gotten out of the enclosure I guess they stay in at night and was so happy to be running. Also saw 3 lions- 2 females and the lazy old male sitting on the rock. Visited with Meg this afternoon- nice to see her again.