PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on QS Dining Plan

IloveJack
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
We're looking at a trip in early December, and I'm trying to price it out right now. I plan to do mostly QS meals, with a TS for the Candlelight Processional package. We're looking at 6 park days and 1 resort day. It'll be myself, DH, 5yoDD, 2yoDD, and 6moDS. The two girls probably won't eat a full meal together, and obviously the baby won't need a meal.
Which do you think would come out better pricewise? Getting the QSDP and splitting the kids' meal between the two girls, or going OOP for the trip? The 10% per day that their website gives isn't very informative, and I really don't want to budget out 7 days worth of menus. :blush:
On our last trip, we went OOP the whole time, because our oldest eats like a bird, and our youngest was just turning 1, but with the 2yo being "free" this time, I'm unsure what to do.

SBETigg
04-16-2013, 12:47 PM
If you're looking into QS dining plan to save money, skip it. You will break even at best and end up taking extras you might not want. Do you eat a dessert with every meal, for example? We don't. But it comes with the QS meal. Especially with kids, sometimes they don't want full meals, sometimes just a snack. I think you're better off OOP, unless you're choosing a DP for the convenience of paying ahead.

Ms. Mode
04-16-2013, 01:04 PM
I agree with Sherri; I think you will be purchasing a lot of food you won't want if you go with the DDP. I love being able to pay ahead for EVERYTHING, but that comes with a cost. :blush:

cer
04-16-2013, 01:50 PM
If the choice is between Quick Service Dining plan and pay out of pocket... I'm paying out of pocket.

IloveJack
04-16-2013, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys. That's what I was leaning towards, but I just needed a little confirmation. Now that you mention dessert, I don't particulary care for the pre-packaged "desserts" they give anyhow. Thanks again!

PrincessJadesMom
04-16-2013, 05:02 PM
I agree that OOP would be the cheaper option. We always use the dining plan simply for convenience. While I'm on vacation I just don't want to have to think about budgeting in food money every day.:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-16-2013, 06:13 PM
As others have said, you will save money by paying OOP. Especially with the not-so-great desserts, the QSDP isn't a great value.

Order what you'd like, let the kids share, and you can get a snack later, instead of a not-really-wanted dessert.