PDA

View Full Version : WDW Commercials (Excessive?!?)

CuteAsMinnie
04-15-2013, 11:20 PM
Never in recent years have we seen so many WDW commercials. In the past 2 hours alone (Dallas Seeason Finale!!) 6 WDW commercials have aired promoting the summer discounts.

faline
04-16-2013, 08:40 AM
I'd rather see Disney World commercials than some of the other ads on the air! :mickey:

Melanie
04-16-2013, 08:48 AM
I've not noticed the Disney ones at all. Maybe it's only certain markets? The ones I see here all the time are the AT&T "It's not complicated" ones with the little kids. I think they are cute and funny though, so I don't mind.

“I’m assuming they would be made out of candy.” :D

BriarRose0708
04-16-2013, 09:07 AM
I've not noticed the Disney ones at all. Maybe it's only certain markets? The ones I see here all the time are the AT&T "It's not complicated" ones with the little kids. I think they are cute and funny though, so I don't mind.

Those ATT commercials are on all the time up here too. I loved the March Madness ones with Magic Johnson and Larry Bird!! Too funny!

I like the Disney commercials a lot and don't mind seeing them over and over. They are a little misleading though because they promote the discounts on value resorts but show the deluxe resorts in the commercials so you think "oh I can stay at Boardwalk for $79 a night!" or something like that. Then you read the fine print. I suppose such is the world of advertising.

vicster
04-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Makes me wonder about the summer discounts - are they slow?

CuteAsMinnie
04-16-2013, 11:31 AM
I'd rather see Disney World commercials than some of the other ads on the air! :mickey:

Me too!

Makes me wonder about the summer discounts - are they slow?

Good question...

Ian
04-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Disney does a lot of targeted advertising in key markets during key times of the year. They have tons of market research data that tell them when guests from given areas are most likely to visit, so they hit them up with ads in advance of that time period to help influence bookings.

I bet you anything that the folks in New Jersey notice an upswing in Walt Disney World ads about 6-8 months before Jersey Week every year! ;)

DizneyRox
04-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Commercials? Who watches commercials?

Seriously...

This is why a lot of poeple are up in arms over the RFID tracking type stuff. Disney has PLENTY of information on what everyone does, eats, etc. Enough to offer pretty focused advertising campaigns, putting heads in the beds as they say.

Sounds like the commercial is doing exactly what it was intended to do. Enough so that someone cared to post here and get others to question what these summer discounts are about.

The proof is in the pudding...

BrerGnat
04-16-2013, 06:34 PM

Oh, they are showing TONS of WDW commercials here, Mel. I was just about to respond to this thread by saying I've been having the same experience. Seriously, they are on all the time.

Melanie
04-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Oh, they are showing TONS of WDW commercials here, Mel. I was just about to respond to this thread by saying I've been having the same experience. Seriously, they are on all the time.

Well, I guess ESPN, MLB Network and MASN aren't their target audience. ;) Pretty much everything else I watch is on DVR.

BrerGnat
04-17-2013, 08:15 AM
Well, I guess ESPN, MLB Network and MASN aren't their target audience. ;) Pretty much everything else I watch is on DVR.

Yeah, no, not so much. :D

I often have on reruns of Roseanne on the WE channel, or reruns of shows on TBS in the afternoons while I'm waiting for the kids to come home from school. Those channels are ALL about the WDW commercials. That's the only reason I see them. Generally, I don't see commercials either, since I DVR everything important.